MCDU Plane states

Artem Crum

1. Trying to set any of predefined plane states and nothing happens - it just go to something like cold and dark (even gears switch goes up).

2. When I save user defined state it's ok, but when I try to load my saved state it doesn't show up in load dialog, until I change desired file extension to *.* (and take a look into the list of available extensions there - there are some quite strange options). Then state is loading normally.

Have tried different scenarios in different airports, changing planes, loading C172 first... nothing helps.

My system is Win7 x64, FSX SP2.

• Aerosoft

1. Trying to set any of predefined plane states and nothing happens - it just go to something like cold and dark (even gears switch goes up).

2. When I save user defined state it's ok, but when I try to load my saved state it doesn't show up in load dialog, until I change desired file extension to *.* (and take a look into the list of available extensions there - there are some quite strange options). Then state is loading normally.

Have tried different scenarios in different airports, changing planes, loading C172 first... nothing helps.

My system is Win7 x64, FSX SP2.

1) of course it depends a bit on in what condition you are what happens. If you are on the ground the gear lever will go up but because the gear is locked the gear itself will not retract

2) we found indeed a issue there, when you save a state you need to add the extension while it should be automatically inserted, we'll have that sorted out asap.

Here is what I'm trying to do step by step:

- Loading C172 in KLAX

- Switching all systems off (engine and master switch)

- Loading Airbus X - and right after loading all systems are on. Engines are running all displays are on. (is it normal?)

- Trying to load Take-Off state - and at this moment all systems go to the OFF state. Engines stops, batteries off, displays off and total silence.

- Trying to load Taxi state - nothing happens.

- Trying to set Cold and Dark state and then back to Taxi state - nothing happens.

- And finally loading my saved state - works as it should.

Check this folder:

Win XP: \Documents and settings\Username\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbus\

Win 7 and Vista: \Users\Username\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbus\

And look that these files are present:

Custom1.abx

Custom2.abx

Custom3.abx

Custom4.abx

UserSettings.asc

Finn

I think I found what's the problem is.

I'm using russian version of FSX and it uses folder with the localized name - not the "Flight Simulator X Files" but the russian version of it. And Airbus installer put "Custom*.*" files where they should be with english version of FSX. So we just need to move these files from: *\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\AerosoftAirbus\ to the localized version: *\Documents\Файлы Flight Simulator X\AerosoftAirbus\ (this is for russian).

Thanks, Finn.

p. s.

Actually installer puts state files into localized folder, but Airbus tries to find them in english version of folder. Solution is the same - just move custom state files from one folder to another.