Septembers Screenshot Competition.

Here is my attempt in this competition: A crosswind landing at EHAM RWY 18C.

Maybe I should have requested RWY 27 instead :lol:

I don´t remember the conditions because it was over three years ago.

Aircraft used is the AeroSim Classic airliners B747-100.

Regards Mikael.

post-24869-026447200 1284844475_thumb.jp

My submission for this month's theme, a tired B52 coming to land at Waddington AB during a gathering storm, a very strong crosswind sweeps accross the runway making the B52 struggle to keep its pose.

2010-9-7_9-54-10-282.jpg

Good luck all.

Oh, yes, just remembered: I see there are several (or should I rather say only) liners in your pictures. I'm not going to post a screenshot this month (I'm too bad at crosswind landings :blush: ), but wouldn't it be interesting to post a screenshot representing a bushplane landing onto a short grassy bush airstrip (such as some unlisted airfields from Tongass Fjords, AfricanAirstripAdventures, OZx AU/NA, ...)?

Some crosswind, a light plane and you have extrem fun to bring this thing down..

Very nice screenshot, but the rules this month clearly state it has to be a large aircraft, no small props.

Just wanted to let you know, so you can replace this shot if you want to.

Very nice screenshot, but the rules this month clearly state it has to be a large aircraft, no small props.

Just wanted to let you know, so you can replace this shot if you want to.

Ups, I missed it and got maybe one post wrong... :blush:

Thanks for mentioning it.

Kai

However you must be in a Heavy for this one no little props or small jets, but the big stuff.

[...] but wouldn't it be interesting to post a screenshot representing a bushplane landing onto a short grassy bush airstrip (such as some unlisted airfields from Tongass Fjords, AfricanAirstripAdventures, OZx AU/NA, ...)?

:banghead1_s:

Next time I'll read before posting!

:banghead1_s:

Next time I'll read before posting!

Yeah, reading's useful.

Though it would make for a funny screen shot to take a heavy to one of the unlisted strips of Tongass, AAA, FTX/OZx laugh.gif

Though it would make for a funny screen shot to take a heavy to one of the unlisted strips of Tongass, AAA, FTX/OZx laugh.gif

Speaking about AAA: I've just got another idea for you, guys - C130 crosswind at Laikipia AB... Hot day, low pressure, what else?

It might be stretching the theme a bit (it did just touch down though, just a bit too far down the runway...) but there is a lesson to be learned when it comes to crosswinds. Crosswinds can turn to tailwinds (especially at Kai Tak).

post-33719-010233700 1285325535_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

It might be stretching the theme a bit (it did just touch down though, just a bit too far down the runway...) but there is a lesson to be learned when it comes to crosswinds. Crosswinds can turn to tailwinds (especially at Kai Tak).

haha thats cool I like it... how did you get it to float without crashing/bouncing into the air? is there a .cfg edit? if so i would like to find a way to do it on the airbus x so i can simulate the hudson river landing tongue.gif

A quick question since there's less than 24 hours left till the contest closes: can everyone who posted a screen shot edit their post to include the wind speeds they were getting.