Septembers Screenshot Competition.

Hello Folks,

Welcome to Septembers Screenshot Competition.

We'll go with a user picked theme this month, "Extreme Crosswind Landings"

A screenshot of your touchdown or near touchdown on an extreme crosswind landing.

However you must be in a Heavy for this one no little props or small jets, but the big stuff.

Screenshot Rules at the top of this forum apply.

Hello Folks,

A screenshot of your touchdown or near touchdown on an extreme crosswind landing.

However you must be in a Heavy for this one no little props or small jets, but the big stuff.

You tell us to at least go for CX A340 (better CX 744?)? Well, I'll see what my definition of a heavy is able to give. :lol:

Aren't this two pictures? And isn't only one allowed? dry.gif

But these are nice ones.

Chris

well dont know as it is 1 picture just from 2 angels. like art work as some of it have been cut away :-) but right it is to high to look grate, you have to scrole. need another size

approaching Hong Kong Kai Tak IGS 13. I miss this strange airport dreadfully.

a bit low and not lined up to the runway, but I tried my best.

screenshot follows in next post - I´m so sorry.

Spotting at Frankfurt. Was a very good day for taking pictures. With the fast moving building storms and watching planes trying to land in the crosswind, I forgot to take pictures. I snapped this shot minute B757-200 landing 26L charter flight from Gatwick. He blew 3 tires on touchdown. Note the hard right rudder! That's what I call "happy feet".

Nikon D40X 70-300MM. Taken from GA ramp.

FRKCS.jpg

post-14623-006473700 1284093436_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I think that landing gear and wheel needs repair after that landing :-)

They shut down the runway and towed the aircraft to hangar parking. The pax disembarked there. This morning the aircraft was moved into the Aero LLoyd hangar... :wacko::D

Hello Folks,

A cross wind landing will get more extreme the lighter the aircraft!! ;o)

Chris

Spotting at Frankfurt. Was a very good day for taking pictures. With the fast moving building storms and watching planes trying to land in the crosswind, I forgot to take pictures. I snapped this shot minute B757-200 landing 26L charter flight from Gatwick. He blew 3 tires on touchdown. Note the hard right rudder! That's what I call "happy feet".

Nikon D40X 70-300MM. Taken from GA ramp.

FRKCS.jpg

Confirm that really happened? I can believe it but, did this occur at Frankfurt??

Chris