What did I miss

psolk

I'm not sure what happened Oliver but please do take as much time as you need. Being a poor college kid who loves flight sim, AES has managed to wrestle more money from my rather empty wallet than anything else (believe me temptations are many). I always believe in paying well for well made products and AES is one product that I am more than happy to pay my hard earned, rarely available money. Thank-you for your work and please, when your ready, keep it up.

Mike

These forums and the fs community jsut wont be the same without you Oliver. I just wanted to say keep up the great work, i truly appreciate when you go out of your way to help customers fix their problems (AMS). Your a one man showwink.gif

I wish you all the best

Duco

Not sure what has happened I seemed to miss the mess that has unfolded but what I can say is AES has changed FS as a whole for those with FS9 we now have a active airports something I would not want to live with out. I hope Oliver will continue with making more releases of this fantastic product. It's a shame that people feel the need to hack products and steal codes all I can say is this will never stop I just hope that Oliver will continue to offer this great product and the simming community can continue to support Oliver by buying more credits.

Sean

• Developer

First, I want to say thank for all your feedback. I am very happy to see, that here are alot users, I never seen before.

That is fitting to my feeling, that the actual situation we see in different forums (not only here) is not representing the Situation of the "Flightsim" Scene.

I am part of this scene since the beginning, where BBS was the only exchangebase, then later in Compuserve and when the Internet comes up, also there.

In the past, forums was vistited by a lot of people of the scene, freeware developers, some of the payware fraction, and a lot of users, discussing the problems, discussing tools and addons, but all mostly on a fair base, with the repect for each other.

But in the last years and specially in the last months, the tendence in them forums is going more and more to a "fightbase", FSX against FS9, VFR against IFR, User agiants Users, Users againts Payware publisher or developer and so on.

The base of users, who are part of this discussion and who push them, is small, you see always the same in all this fights, but the effect they have, is big, because mostly the "normal" users only search for help or exchange of know-how, will leave this areas, or only read and wondering.

For me, who what's to help, not only for my product, not only here, it is very difficult to ignore this all, you will automatically get notice of this statements and attacks against everybody. So, there are no chance to ignore only a part, you must ignore the forum at all, but, then you can't help those, who are fare beside the fights and attacks, and the hard part is, they are the majority of the scene.

I don't want to push you into fights, don't what to see "How fantastic Products it is" posts, but everybody who still likes the flightsim hobby and who is happy with some (maybe not all) of the products the developers offers, should be show that too. Only by giving also a feedback like "all fine here" will give us developers, but also other users, a realistic view to the actual situation.

Here it is primary a suppport forum, so there it is normal, that problems are discussed. But there are always threads with a feedback background, where all statements are wellcome, positiv, negativ and all between, as long as the form is based on respect and fairness.

Idiots are everywhere, but we should not give them the priority in the scene, but therefore everybody needs to be part of the communication.

Regarding AES:

I will not stop working on AES and I know my customer base very well, so my goal was and will be to do my best for them.

But, at the moment, we have a "overload" situation: I have a 7 day week with 10-12 hours a day. My fault, but I can't change it: nearly the half of my business time is done outside of any flightsim, here I have to finish same major project at the moment, so it need some attention too.

The rest is fully FS parts, but not only AES. Aerosoft, GAP and Simwings have a lot projects in pipeline (Faro, Antalya, Orly, Barcelona, Munich...), where I am involved in parts like AESlight, Runwaylights and Tools for optimizing the process.

I must move my priorities every day, that's makes it hard to get forward with all the same time, as I want to go.

And, when you see every day, that there are poeple runing around, who have nothing better to do as to provide your work for free, it will effect the priority list more then you like it.

Based on the situation, that I have a week holiyday this month and I don't release a software short before, when I am unable to react for problems fast, AES will have to wait a littlebit longer now, until I am back and hopefully can find the time to do all the needed adaptions for the new major hubs we have now on the list.

Thanks again for your time, be active in the scene, keep the respect for all and so we can keep the activities on this nice hobby on a high level.

• Upvote 14

Yeah, AES is almost the best Ad-On for FS! A very big THANK YOU from me.

@Jeremy: You don't have to excuse for your English! It is understandable and that is, what counts, isn't it? Most of the forum users aren't native speakers and no one cares about mistakes.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Dear Oliver, thank for sharing your thoughts. when your on your holiday take it easy and get your mind out of everything. and have peace, to much stress is bad. I had know idea how many hours you worked thats allot!

Believe me your going to see some stupid people that do not have common sense, some wise up and do better others do not. but just know that there is some of us that really do appreciate your hard work and support and thank you for given us allot of joy in this hobby I honestly wish you allot of peace and good health take care and hope too see your wonderful work grow.

Hey Oliver--I just bought DFW in hopes you will update in AES.

AES is wonderful and I hope you will ginore whatever happened and consider the source!

There are just some not nice people out there and you should not let them negatively affect your wonderful program of AES.

Thanks for AES!!

Ed Ryan

Hello Oliver,

you know what ?

I am really looking forward to the moment when you allow us users to be ACTIVELY grateful and helpful in the open growth of AES ... taking the burden somewhat away from your shoulders !

In my humble opinion, if AES doesn’t lose the sense of its identity, by trying to be something else, and do always more and more (but – that way – chances are it will interfere with the role of other addons ...), there is really not much to add in terms of new features (apart from expanding to a growing number of airport sceneries).

I am chiefly waiting for the active refueller...

But only after you have added the ability to pick-up randomly other sets of sounds/textures, we will have the chance to share, on a freeware basis, our personal creations in terms of marshallers voices, marshallers clothes, bus textures, catering truck textures, airstairs textures, etc. etc., so that such a variety will add much to realism, with little effort on you part ...

How do you feel about it ?

;)

Thanks for AES, and for keeping it alive !

Regards,

Eugenio.

I'm a prospective customer and a voracious buyer of Aerosoft-published sceneries. I've known of and admired Mr. Pabst's "under the hood" work for many years. I am sorry to see that the community is more of a mess now than it's halcyon days - perhaps a community like fsdeveloper.com (where I found a message to come here to support Oliver) is a good place to change tone. I do recall that the freeware ethos was more alive 10 years ago versus now. I think the add-on market is, well just that, a market, and less so a community. I look forward to supporting AES soon as my collection of airports supported by AES is quite large now.

Oliver! I also have to add my 2 cents and say the AES has transformed FS9 and is invaluable. Continue the good work and I'll first in line to purchase the next release (or at least the credits needed for all these new aiports)!

Cheers,

Martin Phills

CYYZ

HI Oliver

I hope you get your well earned rest, and that sometime in the near future you will return to our much loved AES.

It does not matter how long it takes as long as you do not abandon us altogether.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

HI Oliver

I hope you get your well earned rest, and that sometime in the near future you will return to our much loved AES.

It does not matter how long it takes as long as you do not abandon us altogether.

Regards

Well said, Del57.

Oliver, you're truly one of the few who continues to make a mark in our hobby. Your break is very well earned and I hope when you return that your perspective brightens. While the trolls tend to be the most vocal, I'd bet for every naysayer, there are dozens who appreciate your work every time they hit <Ctrl>+<Shift>+<W>. That "W" key will always remind me of "O" for Oliver.

• 1 year later...

Hi Oliver,

Please don't stand down from developing AES. This is one of the best addons to FS. I rarely fly to an airport which does not support AES, and I often watch the action through until all the cleaning and maintenance is done before starting the return flight.

All your hard work is appreciated by very many flight sim enthusiasts.

Happy Xmas - Roger