About The New Views

tup61

Just as I thouht, the Airbus X hotkeys for F9 thru F12 are overriding my previously assigned hotkeys. I have assigned hotkeys in the camera.cfg file, and they no longer work. I would appreciate advice on how to deactivate the Aerosoft hotkey commands.

Curt

Just as I thouht, the Airbus X hotkeys for F9 thru F12 are overriding my previously assigned hotkeys. I have assigned hotkeys in the camera.cfg file, and they no longer work. I would appreciate advice on how to deactivate the Aerosoft hotkey commands.

Curt

Simply go to the FSX controls page and look for F9 to F12 and delete the assignements.

EDIT:

To make it easier for you:

F9 = Virtual Cockpit (shortcut)

F10 = 2-D Cockpit View (shortcut)

F11 = Locked Spot View (shortcut)

F12 = View camera 4 (select)

Look for them, select them and press Delete Key Assignement.

Simply go to the FSX controls page and look for F9 to F12 and delete the assignements.

EDIT:

To make it easier for you:

F9 = Virtual Cockpit (shortcut)

F10 = 2-D Cockpit View (shortcut)

F11 = Locked Spot View (shortcut)

F12 = View camera 4 (select)

Look for them, select them and press Delete Key Assignement.

Thanks for the reply; however, by deleting the key assignments, it eliminates the use of those keys as hotkeys to the camera.cfg file. This addon is going to require me to reassign many hotkeys, and I'm quite dissappointed.

Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but I just wish Aerosoft had designed a hotkey interface like other developers, so we can decide what hotkeys we want. Having them predetermined means we have to reconform our configuration around their one addon. Oh well, maybe this could be addressed in the patch.

Curt

Thanks for the reply; however, by deleting the key assignments, it eliminates the use of those keys as hotkeys to the camera.cfg file. This addon is going to require me to reassign many hotkeys, and I'm quite dissappointed.

Er... in that case I wonder what your keys actually did before you installed the Airbus...?

Er... in that case I wonder what your keys actually did before you installed the Airbus...?

I had the "top down view", "spot view", and a specially tweaked camera view for landing replays. These occupied the F9, F10 and F11 keys. They could be used for all addons...except this one. So deleting the key assignments in settings prevents the Airbus X views, but also renders my current hotkeys useless. So I will reassign those views to other keys, I guess...and the F9 to F12 keys will stay unused. I hope I'm making sense here.

Curt

I had the "top down view", "spot view", and a specially tweaked camera view for landing replays. These occupied the F9, F10 and F11 keys. They could be used for all addons...except this one. So deleting the key assignments in settings prevents the Airbus X views, but also renders my current hotkeys useless. So I will reassign those views to other keys, I guess...and the F9 to F12 keys will stay unused. I hope I'm making sense here.

Curt

Ah, yes. Well, you can reassign the top down view and spot view to those keys using the FSX controls page! Afaik those views were the default FSX views (at least top down and spot view) out of the box! Aerosoft simply reassigned other views to those keys (maybe not the most clever move ;) ) but you should have no problems reassigning the original ones. You don't need to edit a cfg for that (well, not for the default views anyway: you might have to reassign your tweaked view again: it will probably simply override the Aerosoft selection). I also hope I'm making sense here. :P

Ah, yes. Well, you can reassign the top down view and spot view to those keys using the FSX controls page! Afaik those views were the default FSX views (at least top down and spot view) out of the box! Aerosoft simply reassigned other views to those keys (maybe not the most clever move ;) ) but you should have no problems reassigning the original ones. You don't need to edit a cfg for that (well, not for the default views anyway: you might have to reassign your tweaked view again: it will probably simply override the Aerosoft selection). I also hope I'm making sense here. :P

I'm having difficulties with this also. I have a joystick button assigned to Locked Spotview, which is F11 in FSX.

I can re-assign F11 in the FSX Controls menu, but whenever I push the joystick button I still get the Pedestal View.

Not sure how to proceed..

How does this affect AES? F10 is used with AES.

Honestly, I don't see the need for these hotkeys at all. EZDok takes care of all the cameras anyone could need.

I do agree with the statement that add ons should work with current set ups rather than requiring people to reconfigure things. As great as this product appears to be, you can't assume that we will never fly anything else.

I'm having difficulties with this also. I have a joystick button assigned to Locked Spotview, which is F11 in FSX.

I can re-assign F11 in the FSX Controls menu, but whenever I push the joystick button I still get the Pedestal View.

Not sure how to proceed..

Got this fix in the Avsim FSX forum:

You have to remove all Hotkey definition lines in the aircraft.cfg file (in all four variants).

And yes, it works! :rolleyes: