Perfect Idea For The Next Great Aerosoft Scenery Project

duckbilled

I may have posed this a few years ago but I still think it would be the perfect project for Aerosoft. I know it would be a big seller and I know I would pay a lot for it.

One of the most popular holiday destinations in the world is very poorly represented in FSX (and FS9) - Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya. This area has 100's of hotels/resorts and four airports including two international airports. In FSX, none of the resorts and very little of the cities are represented. In fact, they completly omitted one airport - Playa Del Carmen. The area is one of the top destinations for Americans outside of the US and it is very popular with Canadians as well. It is also becoming a popular destination for Europeans (especially Brits). There is a version of MMUN by TropicalSim that is OK but it doesn't address the rest of the region. This is what I would love to see:

Mesh and accurate land/water class for the entire area (Isla Mujeres to Tulum)

Isla Mujeres Airport, city and hotels

Cancun Airport

Cancun Downtown and Hotel Zone

Riveria Maya Resorts

Playa Del Carmen Airport, city and resorts

Cozumel Airport, city and resorts

Ferry traffic between Cancun and Isla Mujeres

Ferry Traffic between Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel.

This could be one of the greatest packages ever created for FSX if it is done right. It would appeal to people across the globe. It would appeal to people that like VFR flying and those that like to fly heavies across the pond. It is a destination for European charters, American and Canadian charters, US and Canadian legacy carriers, US and Canadian low-cost carriers, Mexican airlines, South American airlines, Caribbean Airlines, Central American Airlines...

Take on this project, make a lot of money and put it towards AFS2012.

Thanks for listening.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, 181 views but not a lot of support. I am really surprised.

After buying Manhattan, Buffalo and Gibraltar in the last month or so, I know you guys could do this project and make money doing it. I also believe you are they only company that could do it right.

Of course, Cancun/Mayan Riviera is a popular destination for Americans and Canadians (one of the top foreign destinations for Americans) but it is also becoming very popular with Europeans. This project would appeal to Americans, Canadians, Latin Americas and Europeans. If you included all of the area airports (Playa Del Carmen, Isla Mujeres, Cancun and Cozumel) it would appeal to those that fly heavies, GA or smaller jets. Want to fly Russian aircraft? Cubana services MMUN. Want to island hop? Isla Mujeres and Cozumel will fit the bill. Not to mention all of the Mayan ruins that stretch along the coast down to Tulum...

I honestly do not think there is a project that would have a broader appeal. Densely populated beachfront resort areas, sprawling resorts surrounded by mangroves, Islands, cenotes, Mayan ruins, and 4 airports spanning along 80 miles of stunning tropical water and reefs.

Cancun is serviced by the following European Airlines:

Air Europa

Austrian

Air Berlin

Blue Panorama

Condor

Corsair

Edelweiss

Euro Atlantic

First Choice

Iberia

Iberworld

LTU

Martinair

Monarch

My Travel

Novair

Pullmantur

Thomas Cook

Jeff, I would say the the chances of Latin VFR doing Cancun or that area would probably be higer than Aerosoft doing it since they like to concentrate on Latin America. Maybe even FlyTampa, but I read that George is going to do Athens next then probably an airport in Canada after Athens, which leaves Martin, but he is working on a K airport at the moment, so maybe after the K airport? Trust me, I would love to see FlyTampa do a bunch of airports and cities in the fashion they did Kai Tak, but since they are basically a two man team, those type of sceneries just take too long for them to do.

I think TropicalSim may have a version, but without the city and surround areas, but frankly aside from a few Brasil sceneries I own by them, I would rather skip their other work and try to stick to FSDT, FT, and LatinVFR stuff.

Jeff, I would say the the chances of Latin VFR doing Cancun or that area would probably be higer than Aerosoft doing it since they like to concentrate on Latin America. Maybe even FlyTampa, but I read that George is going to do Athens next then probably an airport in Canada after Athens, which leaves Martin, but he is working on a K airport at the moment, so maybe after the K airport? Trust me, I would love to see FlyTampa do a bunch of airports and cities in the fashion they did Kai Tak, but since they are basically a two man team, those type of sceneries just take too long for them to do.

I think TropicalSim may have a version, but without the city and surround areas, but frankly aside from a few Brasil sceneries I own by them, I would rather skip their other work and try to stick to FSDT, FT, and LatinVFR stuff.

Hi Sean. As you probably know, I push this project when ever I can. I do have the TS version and it is not bad for the airport - at least it is current with the new runway and T3.

I'd love to see it done by Aerosft in the same fashion as the US Cities series. Why do you think they would not consider it? Aside from FT's VHHX, Aerosoft is really the only developer that will do entire cities. In addition, they could use a little presence in Latin America.

Latin VFR seems to be focusing on South America at the moment and FT seems to be interested in smaller airports at the moment.

If Aerosoft did it, do you think it would be a good seller?

Hi Sean. As you probably know, I push this project when ever I can. I do have the TS version and it is not bad for the airport - at least it is current with the new runway and T3.

I'd love to see it done by Aerosft in the same fashion as the US Cities series. Why do you think they would not consider it? Aside from FT's VHHX, Aerosoft is really the only developer that will do entire cities. In addition, they could use a little presence in Latin America.

Latin VFR seems to be focusing on South America at the moment and FT seems to be interested in smaller airports at the moment.

Why do you think they would not consider it?

I didn't think they would consider it just based on the fact that they seem to stick to Europe or that area for their in-house development and the US Cities products aren't made by Aerosoft, but rather LimeSim, then sold thru Aerosoft as far as I understand it.

Frankly, its hard to know if it would be a good seller. I have no idea what the sales data is for the US Cities stuff, but frankly, I hardly ever see anyone post screen shots at any of the FS forums showing it, so I am guessing that not many people own it since I never see it and rarely hear anyone talk about it.

Would I buy it if Aerosoft did it with the whole city or most of the city like FT's Kai Tak?

Probably not. Not knocking Aerosoft, but I don't think they have the techniques down yet to model such a big area with all those buildings and keep good FPS like the fellows at FlyTampa do. Plus can you imagine all the textures you would need to mip map if Aerosoft did it? You would spend a lot of time going thru it. I hate to bring up NiceX, but that was an airport that was done in-house and for such a small airport, even with minimal settings gets horrible FPS on my system. Then there's Orly , another in house, which I considered but wont buy due to FPS issues as well from what I have read. Some pointed out that Orly has some bad LOD'ing due to some objects being viewable when zoom in from a great distance and that could be part of the FPS issue there.

Would I buy it if LimeSim did a US Cities version of it?

Definitaly NO. I own none of their stuff and have no interest in it. If they would include night textures then perhaps, but I will not or never buy day only scenery. I wont even download freeware day only scenery. Personally, I like scenery that works 24 hours a day, but that's just me.

Would I buy it if FlyTampa, LatinVFR, or Simwings did it?

Absolutely, without a doubt. They have both proven to me they can do large areas with little FPS hit and everything mip mapped. Although the largest thing LatinVFR has done is Congonhas, but it preforms the same as the default version and has the photoreal area with all the autogen. Simwings did an awesome job on GibraltarX with little to no FPS hit and covered a decent area with lots of buildings.

BTW, I don't recall you ever mentioning this idea anywhere before, lol.

I didn't think they would consider it just based on the fact that they seem to stick to Europe or that area for their in-house development and the US Cities products aren't made by Aerosoft, but rather LimeSim, then sold thru Aerosoft as far as I understand it.

I didn't realize it was LimeSim. I guess I should bug them too

If they would include night textures then perhaps, but I will not or never buy day only scenery.

I didn't even realize they don't have night textures but I usually fly during the day anyway. In tropical areas, I always fly during the day.

BTW, I don't recall you ever mentioning this idea anywhere before, lol.

Funny, I thought I was beating a dead horse about the issue on all of the forums

I also asked PW Sceneries because it seems like it would be right up their alley (and Free). Paul did show interest but they are a one man operation with a lot to do ahead if considering new stuff.