Cumulus X!

Emi

hi,

i've bought the Discus X after im began the training for my real world glider pilot license. after collecting a few hours on an ASK 21 i descided to buy the Discus X because i know that the DG808 which was programmed by MS is s**t!

so, after i've bought the Discus X i wannted to fly, but i never came higher then the winch pulled me... so i've installed Cumulus X! but now when i take off, or better said when i make my aircrafts (yes, aircraftS: this is for every plane i have) become so much lift, that they are getting altitude so fast as when i use the fsx fuction to move the aircraft (you know, the one with is activated with "y" if you don't change anything... I'm not sure how it is called in english^_^) and then press the F4 button. and seconds after that the aircraft looses its lift and falls from the sky as fast as it went up. then fsx indicates a crash and everything begins from new.

does someone know where the problem is?

regards

Emi

I suppose you have Win 7. Please install either with "install.cmd" by right-click and select "Run as admin" or use the install with the CumulusX! icon. You will be asked to enter the admin passwort. This allows the installer to put all files to the correct locations.

regards,

Peter

• Upvote 1

thanks for your answer, i'll try this soon. anyway, can you tell me how i can delete the program from my system befor i reinstall it?

thanks

Emi

anyway, can you tell me how i can delete the program from my system befor i reinstall it?

thanks

Emi

Uninstall is not necessary. If you still want to do so, simply delete the folder "CumulusX!" in <FSXROOT>\Modules and the folder "CumulusXCloud" in <FSXROOT>\SimObjects\Misc. The latter is probably missing anyway in your case.

best regards,

Peter

• 1 month later...

I suppose you have Win 7. Please install either with "install.cmd" by right-click and select "Run as admin" or use the install with the CumulusX! icon. You will be asked to enter the admin passwort. This allows the installer to put all files to the correct locations.

regards,

Peter

I had also to run FSX in admin mode because CumulusX was acting very weird when FSX was not active in admin mode.

I had also to run FSX in admin mode because CumulusX was acting very weird when FSX was not active in admin mode.

What do you mean with "weird"?

There seems to be something wrong with your install. I never use my PC in admin mode except when I do admin tasks, and CumulusX! and all thre rest of FSX runs perfectly from a limited user account in Vista 64. I do also all CumulusX! software development that way.

In order to have somewhat more flexibility from a limited user account (such as installing aircraft and scenery) I set the program directory of FSX and all its descendants to "full access" for authorized users. The same I do with FSX' registry branch.

best regards,

Peter