Catalina Asc Is Not Working

Kwiss

Hi there guys, it appears after making a full install of FSX on Windows XP 32 platform and installing the Catalina that the sound module is not working i.e no landing gear effects or checklist sounds, I have searched the forum and it looks like the only option is to reinstall XP and FSX again. I have reloaded FSX numerous times in the past and I have loaded the Cat also numerous times but this is a first for the module not working. I want to keep a reinstall as a last resort and I have followed all the usual advice of reinstalling the cat, updating the run time libs and so on. I can live without the sounds for the switches and checklist but the landing gear sounds are a show stopper for me I'm afraid. Any help or advise would be very greatful :rolleyes:    

Guest Hodge001

Hi Kwiss

I must admit that I have not had this issue, but just out of curiosity have you updated the Cat with all the available updates, if memory serve me (which is not a strong point with me) the Cat should be at V1_11 at the present time.

Another thing to check is that inside the panel folders of the PBY you have three files named ASC.dll, AS_Catxf.cab and asc.cfg.

If any of the files are not present then I do not think that you will hear any sound at all.

I hope it is of some use.

Jim Hodkinson