Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

August 30th!

Great news Mathijs!

Have you been able to resolve the wild nose wheel oscillations (during taxi) which have been visible in posted vids?

Yes, it is still a bit weird but that's the same in all FSX addons. FSX has a strange logarithmic way of reading the controls. Starts out with a small movement but the closer you get to max the more the flight control (or nose wheel) moves.

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great to hear it will be released soon :D

And that leads me to a question about the shop: In the pre-order section the Airbus is offered with a 25% discount. But it seems to be the boxed version not the download version. But how does that fit release date 30.08. for the download, boxed end of September and offer ends 23.08.? :confused_s:

• Aerosoft

Did i read this correctly?

it is possible to add SiD ans STARS from Navigraph to the FMC from Airbus?

when yes..wich Installer from Navigraph?

Maik

No, the MCDU does not support loading SIDs and STARs at this moment. You can of course enter the waypoints if you need it to add them to the flightplan. Thi8s is done to reduce the complexity of the project. There is no need for any special navigraph installer, we just use the database navigraph installs in your FS directory.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Great to hear it will be released soon :D

And that leads me to a question about the shop: In the pre-order section the Airbus is offered with a 25% discount. But it seems to be the boxed version not the download version. But how does that fit release date 30.08. for the download, boxed end of September and offer ends 23.08.? :confused_s:

Because of the Gamescom show we got a temporary 25% discount on products we created internally and boxed pre-orders are part of that. So at this moment you can pre-order the box at 29.95 (inc VAT) indeed. We'll count the order date and not shipping date for the discount. But do note we do not have a release date for the Airbus boxed version. We hope September but October is not out of the question. Production of boxes, manuals etc takes time as well does the translation of manuals (the first box will be English/German, other versions will follow).

• Upvote 2

AUG30?

:mecry_s:that's the first day when i have to go to school agian, so i have no time to fly then... not possible that it can release a day earlier?

otherwise it would be great that the airbus comes now...

but in every case, from now on i'm counting the days:chairfall_s:

No, the MCDU does not support loading SIDs and STARs at this moment. You can of course enter the waypoints if you need it to add them to the flightplan. Thi8s is done to reduce the complexity of the project. There is no need for any special navigraph installer, we just use the database navigraph installs in your FS directory.

but would it be possible that aerosoft creates a patch which can insert a SID/STAR funktion in the FMC, which would be available at the product page? as some kind of "pre-advanced" version, which would come togeather (at the same time) with the boxed version of the airbus?

that is just an idea of cause, because many guys have asked, so i'm not sure if there are really not much simmers who would like this...:huh:

of cause i would fly this airbus even without SIDs/STARs. even this VC alone is so great that this is a must buy for me;)

by the way, Mathijs, you wrote about the Gamescom, and i'll be there so here is a little "big" question: will we be able to make a test flight with the airbus beta there? same for the mega airport munich and other add-ons you are currently developing!

AUG30?

:mecry_s:that's the first day when i have to go to school agian, so i have no time to fly then... not possible that it can release a day earlier?

otherwise it would be great that the airbus comes now...

but in every case, from now on i'm counting the days:chairfall_s:

The world doesn't revolve around you. I think any release date is good enough especially in august.

• Upvote 3

Probably asked before, but...is there any chance for another version of this product with more advanced systems for those of us willing to endure the learning curve...and willing to hand over a bit more cash? ;)

It would be very tempting, especially since your Airbus looks beautiful, and there is a distinct lack of advanced Airbus simulations for MSFS.

Regards,

Robert

• Upvote 1

Probably asked before, but...is there any chance for another version of this product with more advanced systems for those of us willing to endure the learning curve...and willing to hand over a bit more cash? wink.gif

It would be very tempting, especially since your Airbus looks beautiful, and there is a distinct lack of advanced Airbus simulations for MSFS.

Regards,

Robert

Just have a read back from the last page of the June update. Been well covered that they might consider an advanced model after the release. It is not for sure yet; they have not decided about the advanced model as a defineate. They want to release this one first before theys So I would advise to check back in Sept? This one appears to have lots of detail though. Have a read through the June update it was well covered there.

We use a 'standard' set of sound for the external and internal sounds. As that is not good enough these days we got a special module that can play sounds based on simvars. But all these configuration files are in XML and the sounds in default WAV. As with the rest of this project it's easy to tweak and change it. In fact we hope people will do so and share the results (without violating our copyrights of course).

Mathijis thanks for letting me know. Looks like they are editbale via the sound.cfg file then. I do understand there are some sounds that are inititated by simvars. Hopefully it should be fine to edit and custmize via the simple sound.cfg as I have done in the past. Good work to all you guys again!!

Simon

• Upvote 1

Did i read this correctly?

it is possible to add SiD ans STARS from Navigraph to the FMC from Airbus?

when yes..wich Installer from Navigraph?

Maik

Maik -

I just purchased FS Commander v8 and the associated FMS Data )FS Commander) from Navigraph the other night. Slowly I'm learning FS Commander but here is what I'm doing - I then create & save a flightplan in FSCommander and then load is via the FSX Flightplanner which then displays the entire flightplan in the Aerosoft Airbus MCDU. Also you can manually enter all of the waypoints in the MCDU.

Bob

• Upvote 1

Because of the Gamescom show we got a temporary 25% discount on products we created internally and boxed pre-orders are part of that. So at this moment you can pre-order the box at 29.95 (inc VAT) indeed. We'll count the order date and not shipping date for the discount. But do note we do not have a release date for the Airbus boxed version. We hope September but October is not out of the question. Production of boxes, manuals etc takes time as well does the translation of manuals (the first box will be English/German, other versions will follow).

Am I to assume that US customers are not included in this promotion? (If we are, it would save me a bundle).

well now got some new info from Mike.

If you mean the rain effects from the landing lights, that

data is already available in the SDK as a simvar to base things on.

The effect itself is modeled.

Look in the simulation variables part of the SDK documentation...

AMBIENT PRECIP STATE =

2 = None

4 = Rain

8 = Snow

so it should be posible to get rain effect to, thats looks good.

These so called variables are well known.

All they tell is what kind of precipitation exist. You can´t use that for lighting up raindrops or snow.

You can use it to trigger raindrop effect on the windscreen, cause they are only randomly done.

We have not added raindrop animations for two reasons..

1. It has a huge impact on FPS.

2. We have not seen anyone make it look right at flying speeds anyway.

Finn

The world doesn't revolve around you. I think any release date is good enough especially in august.

yes, of cause, everything is better than another delay (exept cancelling the whole project, of cause^_^)

These so called variables are well known.

All they tell is what kind of precipitation exist. You can´t use that for lighting up raindrops or snow.

You can use it to trigger raindrop effect on the windscreen, cause they are only randomly done.

We have not added raindrop animations for two reasons..

1. It has a huge impact on FPS.

2. We have not seen anyone make it look right at flying speeds anyway.

Finn

Well i know but it was also only to turn on and off the raindrop, and about the speed of the raindrop you are right it would be hard to do it another way that would be better then albatros as it seems to have an spped animation where the rain drops stand up and gets more flat while aceleration but yes it causes FPS loses.

@aerosoft team

would it be worth putting out a petition, to see as far as numbers, people would be in purchasing an advanced version in the future??

so you guys have a idea on numbers?

couldnt hurt

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

but would it be possible that aerosoft creates a patch which can insert a SID/STAR funktion in the FMC, which would be available at the product page? as some kind of "pre-advanced" version, which would come togeather (at the same time) with the boxed version of the airbus?

that is just an idea of cause, because many guys have asked, so i'm not sure if there are really not much simmers who would like this...:huh:

of cause i would fly this airbus even without SIDs/STARs. even this VC alone is so great that this is a must buy for me;)

by the way, Mathijs, you wrote about the Gamescom, and i'll be there so here is a little "big" question: will we be able to make a test flight with the airbus beta there? same for the mega airport munich and other add-ons you are currently developing!

Not sure if they brought the Bus to the Gamescom, it's always a difficult environment to show something serious. And sorry but we have at this moment no plans to support SIDs and STARs, we really want to get this thing done and then we'll see what will happen.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Well i know but it was also only to turn on and off the raindrop, and about the speed of the raindrop you are right it would be hard to do it another way that would be better then albatros as it seems to have an spped animation where the rain drops stand up and gets more flat while aceleration but yes it causes FPS loses.

In the Albatros (a GREAT model btw, very innovative), it does not 'cause FPS losses' it half the framerate. That has nothing to do with the developers but with the way FSX handles that. If you compare it with rain effects in for example Rise of Flight where it looks INCREDIBLE and does not cause any fps drop it's obvious that FSX is just not very clever in those things.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

@aerosoft team

would it be worth putting out a petition, to see as far as numbers, people would be in purchasing an advanced version in the future??

so you guys have a idea on numbers?

couldnt hurt

No it would have no effect. Serious people we are NOT thinking about this in any way at this moment. First we want to release this, get it stable and tweaked to customer demands, have the boxed done, work on some other projects and then we'll think about it. And that's all many weeks from now and all of our staff is also booked for months from now. So just forget this for now, buy this one (or not if your simming needs are much aimed at MCDU work and wait for an announcement late this fall.

• Upvote 1