Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Quite correct. All throughout testing I haven't had an issue when loading the Airbus (particularly as I use the good practice of loading the flight with a default aircraft and then loading the addon aircraft).

The CTD on crashing also doesn't happen instantly, so if you have Crash Detection off, you can continue your flight (if recoverable). It's only when you come to reset the sim or load another aircraft or situation. So, if you have a good flight you won't have an issue.

I also agree that it gives an edge of realism, a harsh penalty to have FSX close, but it sure makes you a good pilot ;)

Chris

Hi Chris!

What about it, when I have finished a flight and I want to make another one with another load.

I will start the loadmanager and save it, do I have to reload the aircraft?

Is it a new situation, what about the CTDs then?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Chris!

What about it, when I have finished a flight and I want to make another one with another load.

I will start the loadmanager and save it, do I have to reload the aircraft?

Is it a new situation, what about the CTDs then?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

If you finish your flight and don't crash then you'll have no problems.

The load manager interacts directly with the aircraft, so you need to have the aircraft loaded in the sim and then open the load manager. It then sends the information to FSX and automatically updates the aircrafts fuel/load.

The CTD issue is known and has been explained by Mathijs and the developers. Unfortunately it is something within the FSX code and not Airbus X. Hopefully at somepoint they will find a work around, but until then it is not a big enough issue to delay the product.

If you fly Airbus X well then you shouldn't have an issue.

Chris

Oh boy, we need more patience...

I was looking forward to seeing the finished product..

Oh well, I can wait another week (travelling..)...

Meanwhile I spotted the new paintjob for the A320's of Meridiana Fly, Italy's second largest carrier, and it was so simple I just had to...

FX4915.jpg

FX4922.jpg

I know, the red spots on the flap holder or whachammacallem...patience

I'll start uploading my paints after next monday, when I return.

• Upvote 2

19:59 here. And I started at 06:55.

Anybody want to hire a high end and expensive manager is a non stress full job?

LOL as if! We all know how much you love that job Mathijs. anyone who drives fast cars for fun must love some stress in their life! :rolleyes:

Quite correct. All throughout testing I haven't had an issue when loading the Airbus (particularly as I use the good practice of loading the flight with a default aircraft and then loading the addon aircraft).

The CTD on crashing also doesn't happen instantly, so if you have Crash Detection off, you can continue your flight (if recoverable). It's only when you come to reset the sim or load another aircraft or situation. So, if you have a good flight you won't have an issue.

I also agree that it gives an edge of realism, a harsh penalty to have FSX close, but it sure makes you a good pilot ;)

Chris

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that it would CTD instantly, which would have been a showstopper. I fly on VATSIM so sometimes the unavoidable happens on busy aprons.

Please take your time with the product. Your support is greatly appreciated.

I think Mathijs is gonna feel quite empty handed in work now after all this stress these few months but with the Airbus enroute and cleared to land at Release intl it's gonna be a well deserved brake that is if he gets a brake which he and the airbus build team should get.

We are all very sorry for what happened today...

But the issue we found (wich ended up not being an issue) looked so serious that we didn´t like to gamble.

No one want to release this addon more than us !

But sometimes bad things happen at the wrong time and those being responsible must also show that they can act in a responsible way, allthough this will cause frustration among those of You who are eager to get this addon.

I´m sure tomorrow will be a better day ;)

Finn

• Upvote 8

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that it would CTD instantly, which would have been a showstopper. I fly on VATSIM so sometimes the unavoidable happens on busy aprons.

Please take your time with the product. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Also, the CTD on crashing the Airbus wasn't experienced by everyone and wasn't OS specific, making it hard to find a cause. That said, although I had this CTD with versions of the beta, it was cured for me in the release candidate.

In fact I spent quite a bit of time switching between aircraft, crashing, resetting flights and generally abusing both FSX and the Airbus with the release candidate, and couldn't cause a single CTD with it smile.gif

• Upvote 1

I have to say that even though I could see this delay coming, there's something different that I read in this thread that has got my attention. I have never ever seen a beta tester for a product say something bad about it before it was released, like Mr. Ridgey did today. I have nothing against him and I want to thank him for taking the time to write a review, but writing negative things about it has made me stay away from purchasing until some solid reviews come out. Personally, I have found out from a beta tester that a product will be released with CTDs. Not only has this changed my mind about purchasing the Airbus X, but it has also hurt my impression about Aerosoft. I apologize in advanced if I offended someone as I was just writing my opinion.

I dont really see the point in taking much notice of a review of a beta product.

Its a bit like someone saying your hotel is half built and looks terrible but your not going to be in it till its finished.

A progress report maybe but a Review I would take with a pinch of salt if it was in beta.

• Upvote 5

Found it.

The RC2 installer did not overwrite an old dll. The worst thing of this whole issue is that it only affected a few machines in our office that had old beta's. We are not sure why the DLL's are not overwritten but it would not have affected any customer. Color me purple and smack my bottom. Four hours of panic for nothing.

Release tomorrow morning.

thats good to hear. thanks for being a cool guy about all this mate. I'm sure it was hell for you guys just to get this thing on its takeoff roll even by now. all we had to do was keep our impatient little arses at bay :lol:

watch some new guy come in here and ask for wingflex though :wacko:

• Upvote 2

I have to say that even though I could see this delay coming, there's something different that I read in this thread that has got my attention. I have never ever seen a beta tester for a product say something bad about it before it was released, like Mr. Ridgey did today. I have nothing against him and I want to thank him for taking the time to write a review, but writing negative things about it has made me stay away from purchasing until some solid reviews come out. Personally, I have found out from a beta tester that a product will be released with CTDs. Not only has this changed my mind about purchasing the Airbus X, but it has also hurt my impression about Aerosoft. I apologize in advanced if I offended someone as I was just writing my opinion.

First off, don't mark him down for expressing his concerns. I can understand your worries regarding remarks made, and I don't really understand them myself. I don't because the product was in beta when the remarks were made and therefore not accurate any more. It created a lot of confusion that could have been avoided, and I - this is on personal title, not Aerosoft - would have preferred it if these things would have been addressed in the forum it belongs: the beta forum where bugs are reported.

Concerning the ctd's I haven't had any. I just finished another flight with RC1, and that's not the one in store tomorrow, but the one before that, and I can only tell you it is fun to fly.

Aerosoft - however - never made it a secret that some testers did have ctd. Under certain conditions with crash detection on. Aerosoft also stated that it is something deep inside FSX, and that Aersosoft will continue to find out what it is. Mathijs even adressed costumers if they might have ideas. The forum thread it all was on is invisible right now, but it does mention the things Aersosoft is going to solve with SP1.

Now it is your good right to wait, you can spend your money only once, but I am sure this bus will proof itself in the end.

• Upvote 2

I went to read this review, and it's not there anymore. Was it removed for obvious reasons?

Yes.

I've deleted this thread because writing a review for a product which is not yet on the market and using a beta version doesn't make sense to me.

• Upvote 1

Yes.

I've deleted this thread because writing a review for a product which is not yet on the market and using a beta version doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for the reply David.