Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is from "MS FS - Airbus X" under the "English Discussion and Support" thread:

Posted Today , 09:17 AM

Question: Emi, on 29 August 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

well, you said it right:

ready for take off, but with one problem: the tower (with an air traffic controler called "Aerosoft") has not given the clearence yet, because the slot beginns at monday 8:00 and ends at 20:00 (or whenever they go home after working^^).

Mathijs replied with (refering to Monday the 30th),

Around 1300, 1400 GMT.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's been well covered that the Bus will accept standard FSX flight plans as well as ones from FS Commander (among others). While I don't have FS Commander, a look at the product page on the online store site suggests it would be an excellent complement to Airbus X for the target market simmer that does know a little about SIDS/STARS and wants to take a step up from the standard FSX planner. For example, anyone that's purchased any of the add-on airports in Germany has the SIDS/STARS for them because they're included in the package.

So here's a question for the marketing guys at Aerosoft: What about a package offer of Airbus X and FS Commander at a bit off the total of the individual prices?

• Upvote 2

I mentioned here about a week ago about a possible conflict with the EZCA camera addon. I didn't see a response so I forgot about it, but I bring this up because you have assigned Airbus X views to the F9 through F12 keys. My understanding is EZCA has required use of the F9 and F12 keys for it to function properly. The developer at EZCA gave me the following list earlier in the year:

Table of reserved EZCA hotkeyselect

For VC :

HotKeySelect=1 (default) (my remark; F9 key)

For EZDOK universal camera :

HotKeySelect=4 (default ) (my remark; F12 key)

For world cameras:

HotKeySelect=5

HotKeySelect=6

HotKeySelect=7

HotKeySelect=8

HotKeySelect=9

HotKeySelect=10

The

HotKeySelect=2 (my remark, F10 key)

HotKeySelect=3 (my remark, F11 key)

free for use.

I don't know if you beta tested this along with the EZCA camera, but if not I'm concerned about a potential conflict. I'm just offering this information in case a problem pops up.

Curt

May I ask from where You know the details on the Airbus X Ridgey ?

It´s ok to PM me.

Silence will tell me more than words ;)

Finn

Ridgey has contacted and there are no issues with his "inside" knowledge.

Finn

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ridgey has contacted and there are no issues with his "inside" knowledge.

Finn

Glad to hear, although I'm not at all surprised they'd all been corected. At least that's what I understand your comment to mean.

Just hours to go now!

I found it on the PMDG forum post by aceridgey. I do beta testing for 2 other companies and would never post what he said another forum,I just wanted clarification that his post was way off base.

JeffG

I was happy to see it was removed from that forum

Eric

I have difficulty waiting right now. After all that I have seen, this could well be one of the few aircraft that will end up being used all the time, even more so because FSX just doesn't run *that* great on my system and this aircraft seems to give pretty great performance. Few more hours to go... Readying credit card...

JusJ, it's 9:30 am here, and I think they said something about "Monday afternoon CET". So, I think it'll take at least 6 more hours ;)

It'll be tomorrow our time :(

• Upvote 1

I mentioned here about a week ago about a possible conflict with the EZCA camera addon. I didn't see a response so I forgot about it, but I bring this up because you have assigned Airbus X views to the F9 through F12 keys. My understanding is EZCA has required use of the F9 and F12 keys for it to function properly. The developer at EZCA gave me the following list earlier in the year:

Table of reserved EZCA hotkeyselect

For VC :

HotKeySelect=1 (default) (my remark; F9 key)

For EZDOK universal camera :

HotKeySelect=4 (default ) (my remark; F12 key)

For world cameras:

HotKeySelect=5

HotKeySelect=6

HotKeySelect=7

HotKeySelect=8

HotKeySelect=9

HotKeySelect=10

The

HotKeySelect=2 (my remark, F10 key)

HotKeySelect=3 (my remark, F11 key)

free for use.

I don't know if you beta tested this along with the EZCA camera, but if not I'm concerned about a potential conflict. I'm just offering this information in case a problem pops up.

Curt

Hi Curt. Your post didn't go unnoticed, unfortunately I haven't had chance to check the functionality in detail.

However, I have been using Ezdok throughout testing without issue. I wasn't aware of the reservation of the F keys, but I can't say it has caused any issues. I use Track IR and I have a function assigned to F12 there too!

I will try and investigate further, but I don't think there will be any major issues.

Chris

wheres santa claus?

[i think in the form of a matthias kok right?]

I hope not LOL

Few questions regarding the FMC - SIDs & STARS and wing flex .....Just kidding, any last updates on release time? And is it recorded that with a new special product like airbus X, there might be like servers jam because everyone is buying and downloading at the same time, so it might be recommended to wait for couple of days of the release date ?

Thank you

Alaa