Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

I saw this another forum and just wanted to post it here and see if I can get some positive feedback from the Dev's.I do not mean to start anything just want to make sure before I buy that this below is rubbish.

JeffG

"guys you gotta release this baby soon.

i am currently flying the new Aerosoft Airbus X,

visually its stunning, flight dynamics and sound.

everything else is awful,

no sids runways, ils tuning, the VC mid wy through the flight becomes "unclickable [no windows hand] just the mouse,

climb mode doesnt work, the autotrust doesnt work on the climb out.

eugh, at least i got a free copy hey?"

What forum and who posted?

Btw, rubbish!!

*edit*

At this moment testers are still working to fine tune the bus for release. Fact is bugs will show their ugly head no matter how long tests are being conducted, but what is stated here is rubbish.

The "unclickable" mentioned was - and I emphasize WAS - due to a view spot interfering with the headrest. (view was a bit to far back) Solved as we speak.

Wow! As a beta tester I have sure missed alot ;)

What a load of tosh! Some people have nothing better to do with their time and to report it here too.

On the the Beta forum earlier I posted a short final of the most perfect autoland.

The bus with the early Beta that guy's got hold of couldn't do that!

Trolls.

Chris

A very early beta was leaked back in marts or april.

I guess that is what has been "tested" by that person.

I´m sure he had NO fun with it, many things where very buggy and alot of features missing - simply a different aircraft.

Finn

I found it on the PMDG forum post by aceridgey. I do beta testing for 2 other companies and would never post what he said another forum,I just wanted clarification that his post was way off base.

JeffG

I found it on the PMDG forum post by aceridgey. I do beta testing for 2 other companies and would never post what he said another forum,I just wanted clarification that his post was way off base.

JeffG

i saw it too, very unprofessional, considering he helped out with the sounds aswell.

Concept---------------------------------- Aerosoft

Modeling/Texturing/Animation-------Stefan Hoffmann (Aerosoft)

Project Management:------------------Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft)

Manual, documentation---------------Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) & Finn Jacobsen & Christoph Beck

XML coding------------------------------Finn Jacobsen

ND/PFD coding-------------------------Scott Printz

Flight modeling------------------------John Cagle

Sounds----------------------------------Turbine Sound Studios & Aerosoft & Alex Ridge

Installer---------------------------------Andreas Mügge

Anybody know the answer to my question- will there be a boxed copy at the Dunford airshow?

that depends on how early the first servicepack comes out. and of cause on if aerosoft will sell anything of it there^^

i don't know when the airshow is, but i'm sure that if the boxed version is out until then aerosoft will say something about that on their webside

Hello Emi,

Regarding voting down of posts, we can see when a post is marked down for all the wrong reasons so dont worry unduly about it. We only act when its marked down for all the right reasons :)

Yeah, don't worry Emi, I saw the neg posts and couldn't understand why.

Aerosoft take many factors into their judgement.

Chris

Alot of the MCDU stuff are stored but not the flightplan istelf...

The reason is that we are using xml code. FSX handling of xml code means very poor "String" operations.

Numbers and numarical vaules are very well handled, but alphanumeric stuff is extreme poorly handled.

Therefore is it not possible to store the flightplan itself, cause the flightplan is build up by waypoint names, wich are alphanumerical strings.

Sorry, would have liked to be able doing so too.

Finn

Doh! But maybe you want to look into it another time later in the product life cycle - it's one of those features that puts an aircraft add-on to the next level as it makes training etc so much easier.

Thanks for your explanation & honesty though, Finn!

Release on the 30.9.2010 ? :)

Nope...

Download is still 30.Aug.2010 (thats tomorrow ;))

The date is for the boxed, though it isn´t written in stone.

After release some issues must be expected. These we will have to look into before doing a boxed version.

Finn

JeffG

Wow Ridgey...That's pretty low buddy. ohmy.gif

• Upvote 5

aha yep, a couple ;)

May I ask from where You know the details on the Airbus X Ridgey ?

It´s ok to PM me.

Silence will tell me more than words ;)

Finn

• Upvote 4

Hi!

Looking at the webpage for the airbus x

it now says that the release date is 30/9/2010

This is the source:

My link

ps:

Im sorry, it doesnt say an release date on that page, but if you search on the main page, the date is 30/9/10 im sure:)

Hello. The download is tomorrow. You would know this if you maybe just read a page or so and see all the other people with the same post. Good day to you. laugh.gif

• Upvote 3