Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the end they are just standard PDF files formatted for smaller screen sizes. We really do not like special software etc, all makes it very complex and it's not needed. So depending on your phone and OS you will have many options. I prefer Dropbox, could not live without that superb tool.

I'll see if we can have the PDF manuals added to free eBook stores, makes it a bit easier.

Making the manual available on at least some of the free eBook stores is a great idea. Sure, those of us who buy the product will already have the files in .pdf for viewing on our favorite device(s), but those in the "look and see" mode may convert to paying customers. Plus, it would be a cool way to share some solid info about the 'Bus when a phantom simmer happens to be looking over our shoulder while we're reading up on features.

Well that's not an easy one to answer.

The correct answer has to be no. We default to Managed and Selected vertical modes and that takes care of 90% of what's actually used in a crowded flight environment. For the purist that will be an issue, but that's not the customer this product is intended for anyway.

so if ATC instructs me to descend or climb, how do i do that?(via autopilot). Is vertical speed/simplified VNAV going to be the only way to do this? or can i set an airspeed and have the aircraft climb/descend at that airspeed, even if it is simplified. thanks

so if ATC instructs me to descend or climb, how do i do that?(via autopilot). Is vertical speed/simplified VNAV going to be the only way to do this? or can i set an airspeed and have the aircraft climb/descend at that airspeed, even if it is simplified. thanks

you can use simple V/S and speed, or open DES/CLB to speed assigned on the MCP - that plus HDG select/NAV would be all you need for ATC instructions

• Upvote 2

you can use simple V/S and speed, or open DES/CLB to speed assigned on the MCP - that plus HDG select/NAV would be all you need for ATC instructions

thanks for clearing that up chris :). definately on the 'to-buy' list :D

Want to see what kind of messages are going round between the developers this late in the development? :D

Awesome! Top left, should it be Elev. (short for elevation) of the field not altitude. I know its technically the same thing but on airfield charts to get that number its represented as 'Airfield Elevation' not 'Airfield Altitude' ;) But it looks awesome though, really great!

• Upvote 1

Awesome! Top left, should it be Elev. (short for elevation) of the field not altitude. I know its technically the same thing but on airfield charts to get that number its represented as 'Airfield Elevation' not 'Airfield Altitude' ;) But it looks awesome though, really great!

I agree; elevation is the correct term. I thought it didn't look right before but couldn't put my finger on it.

Chris

So no SID/STAR entry. That's OK as stated most rerouting online is DCT anyway, except for the rare occasion when STAR changes.

But will we be able to manually enter waypoints that aren't in the navdata?

1: via coordinates? For example the LOWI TULSI 3A arrival where TULSI is located at N 47 42.06 E011 47.20

2: via VOR/Radial/DME? For example the ENHD SUBEK 3V arrival where HD310 is at R131 KRM DME 7.4

I've seen both ways of defining waypoints on european charts.

(These examples are probably outdated BTW, I haven't flown there in quite some time and just grabbed some old charts.)

You won't be able to use coordinates, but you'll be able to enter VOR Frequencies and set the radial.

Chris

there has to be at least 4 or more developers working on the A32X (FSX), interesting bet...

well, but i'm only going to buy 2 of them: the Aerosoft Airbus X and the FSL Airbus Master Series:D. Although i think that the Aerosoft Airbus will the the plane for flying after school/in the evening and the FLS will be the one for the weekends when i have time to follow the procedures:lol:

oh, and a little question to Mathijs: when i can't enter the ILS frequency directly into the aera for it , then i have to enter it in the VOR space, but when i enter the runwayheading at the CRS field, then the airbus would show me a line on the ND which would be the runway centerline, wouldn't it? (even if it is only the area where i would have to turn to the VOR at get there with the heading in the CRS field). so is this line in the ND simulated? that would be a big help for approaches at bad weather or at night over terrain like the ocean (approach at Maledives X (VRMM) for example)

regards

Emi

I was under the assumption that the airbus x was going to be released tomorrow, but now the aerosoft website indicates a release at 30/9/2010.

So is it delayed?

Martin Pampiermole

Hi. That's for the boxed version.

The download version is still expected tomorrow.

Chris

• Aerosoft

there has to be at least 4 or more developers working on the A32X (FSX), interesting bet...

Concept---------------------------------- Aerosoft

Modeling/Texturing/Animation-------Stefan Hoffmann (Aerosoft)

Project Management:------------------Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft)

Manual, documentation---------------Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) & Finn Jacobsen & Christoph Beck

XML coding------------------------------Finn Jacobsen

ND/PFD coding-------------------------Scott Printz

Flight modeling------------------------John Cagle

Sounds----------------------------------Turbine Sound Studios & Aerosoft & Alex Ridge

Installer---------------------------------Andreas Mügge

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

well, but i'm only going to buy 2 of them: the Aerosoft Airbus X and the FSL Airbus Master Series:D. Although i think that the Aerosoft Airbus will the the plane for flying after school/in the evening and the FLS will be the one for the weekends when i have time to follow the procedures:lol:

oh, and a little question to Mathijs: when i can't enter the ILS frequency directly into the aera for it , then i have to enter it in the VOR space, but when i enter the runwayheading at the CRS field, then the airbus would show me a line on the ND which would be the runway centerline, wouldn't it? (even if it is only the area where i would have to turn to the VOR at get there with the heading in the CRS field). so is this line in the ND simulated? that would be a big help for approaches at bad weather or at night over terrain like the ocean (approach at Maledives X (VRMM) for example)

regards

Emi

I'll have to ask the developer for that, not sure.

• Upvote 1

6 hours to go here :)

you're really lucky for me it are at about 14 hours... until i have to look every 30 minuits in the aerosoft shop to see if the airbus is released;)

Well that's not an easy one to answer.

The correct answer has to be no. We default to Managed and Selected vertical modes and that takes care of 90% of what's actually used in a crowded flight environment. For the purist that will be an issue, but that's not the customer this product is intended for anyway.

Following on that answer, I assume the TOO STEEP PATH is not simulated in the Airbus X Mathijs?

Regards

D

6 hours to go here smile.gif

Hate to break it too you but us peeps in Australia have to wait till Tuesday, its only saturday thier now or early sunday

is there a shot of an iberia a321 + a320 during landing?

i know the 320 has been painted but, well im gonna be doing an LEMD- LEBL flight with the 320 or 321 sooo,anytime guys...:)

well done, aerosoft is really doing some great work

...you have a final list of livery´s ?

i beleave that they don't have one, because painting will go on even after release of the airbus x.

but if you still want to get your list (when even uncomplete) , then try to ask this question at the livery forum i think you can get your list faster there...

i beleave that they don't have one, because painting will go on even after release of the airbus x.

but if you still want to get your list (when even uncomplete) , then try to ask this question at the livery forum i think you can get your list faster there...

:blush: no Emanuel, what I meant was, the final list in the X Aerosoft Airbus package. B)

I saw this another forum and just wanted to post it here and see if I can get some positive feedback from the Dev's.I do not mean to start anything just want to make sure before I buy that this below is rubbish.

JeffG

"guys you gotta release this baby soon.

i am currently flying the new Aerosoft Airbus X,

visually its stunning, flight dynamics and sound.

everything else is awful,

no sids runways, ils tuning, the VC mid wy through the flight becomes "unclickable [no windows hand] just the mouse,

climb mode doesnt work, the autotrust doesnt work on the climb out.

eugh, at least i got a free copy hey?"

• Upvote 1