Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

OK...I know I've seen it posted, but I can't locate it. What liveries will come with the download? I believe I saw a list of about 8-10 different ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,

on page one of this thread (post #2) there is a full list with all features. Contains also the livery list.

Mudman

• Upvote 3

Hi Mathijs

Quick question before release. Regarding ECAM sounds. Have you been able to obtain actual sounds from the 320? (Amber caution: single chime) (Red warnings: continuous chime) (A/P disconnection by take over: cavalry) etc..

Regards

D

• Upvote 2

only 2 more days left... when i remember the whole waiting time which has been much longer then 2 month, then 2 days are really nothing!

i really hope that you guys can make it this time. otherwise i would be really sad, but well let's just hope that it works this time and that almost all bugs are fixed now.

and I'm really exited about what the systems will contain and about what the airbus will look like. even if i've seen some (better many^^) screenshots i'm exited of the parts of the vc which have not been showen yet (and yes, there are a few not showen parts left, for example the area behind the pilots seat)! by the way: this shouldn't mean that i expect something bad there, it's just that i love it to see the areas which are normally not seen in the flight looking also very good. that prooves that the developers really want to make a good aircraft. it isn't that way that i would expect something else from aerosoft, but as we all know there are some other guys who think that nobody will notice something <_<.

but back to the airbus X: if i want to get the checklists and the documentation on my iPod, what do i have to do for that? do i need some special programms for that?

thanks for your answers in advice

regards

Emi

• Upvote 3

Yes, I agree. But on the other hand we will need a lot of resources for support and that's difficult during the week.

Hello Mathijs,

Not sure if you remember me or not, but I used to beta test for you long ago (and do some PR work) on the Venice project as well as other projects. I am not sure if it helps at all, taking into account I would be a new purchaser myself, but if you happen to release earlier than the Monday timeframe I would be happy to hang around and help out in any way I can. Perhaps even collecting bug reports from people (I used to send you reports a while back when I was testing/and doing some PR for you).

Again, not sure if this helps or not but I would happy to lend a hand.

Regards,

Shane

• Upvote 3

Hi, its possible to make the Delta Airlines Livery ?

hi,

here is not the area where to post livery requests, please try it here: where you can post the request .

oh, and by the way, delta has been done already. you can look at the tread for the liverys on page 37 (or so). there some of the painters have posted pictures showing all of the paint they have done.

• Upvote 1

Alot of the MCDU stuff are stored but not the flightplan istelf...

The reason is that we are using xml code. FSX handling of xml code means very poor "String" operations.

Numbers and numarical vaules are very well handled, but alphanumeric stuff is extreme poorly handled.

Therefore is it not possible to store the flightplan itself, cause the flightplan is build up by waypoint names, wich are alphanumerical strings.

Sorry, would have liked to be able doing so too.

Finn

Hi Finn,

So, if I save the flight halfway, because I have to work, and load it again the next day, the plain is at the same place in the same state, but without the information in the flightplan/MCDU?

Do I have to pause the flight and re-enter all the information. (I guess with a direct to...option)?

Thanks for responding.

Eric

• Upvote 1

Hi Finn,

So, if I save the flight halfway, because I have to work, and load it again the next day, the plain is at the same place in the same state, but without the information in the flightplan/MCDU?

Do I have to pause the flight and re-enter all the information. (I guess with a direct to...option)?

Thanks for responding.

Eric

yes, i think you have to. but as you've said: only the flightplan, the other things can be saved with an Airbus X internal funktion

• Upvote 3

have been following the airbus thread(s) for a while now, looking fantastic. One question, will the airbus equivalent of (boeing's) FLCH (level change) be modelled? i cannot remember what it is called, maybe optimum climb/descend? thanks

• Upvote 3

have been following the aitbus thread(s) for a while now, looking fantastic. One question, will the airbus equivalent of (boeing's) FLCH (level change) be modelled? i cannot remember what it is called, maybe optimum climb/descend? thanks

Open Climb/Decent.

Greets

Stefan

• Upvote 1

Just to confirm, the A320's MCDU isn't going to allow airways?

E.g DVR L9 KONAN

That's correct. Airways cannot be entered.

However, all waypoints can be entered manually, or as part of an FSX flightplan (default, FS Commander...)

Chris

• Upvote 2

yes, i think you have to. but as you've said: only the flightplan, the other things can be saved with an Airbus X internal funktion

WHAT??? what has been wrong with my posts that they've got voted down? the same with other peoples posts here! where is the problem on answering a question?

have i mssed a forum rule or something like that?

can someone advise me on what i have to do that my posts don't get voted down, cause i really see no problem with the quoted one for example?!

• Upvote 5

• Aerosoft

A few more questions:

Does the FMGS provide fuel burn and ETA predictions?

Does the FMGS provide V speeds (A time saving feature) or is it manual only?

Does it have a "pause 10nm before TOD" switch?

Does it have INS alignment or is it instant?

Only normal law is modelled?

• The MCDU + ECAMS do provide information on fuel burn (not the FMGS).
  • The MCDU does provide information on the progress of the flight along the flight plan (not the FMGS).
  • We did not implement a pause function. Makes sense in a long range aircraft, not so much in a medium range one. Besides you can follow the flight on your smartphone!
  • INS is always fake in FSX, the aircraft always knows to the centimeter where it is. So what you call 'alignment' is a simple wait loop. Not our kind of simulation so we don't include this to full detail.
  • Normal law only. It does have most protections though.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs

Quick question before release. Regarding ECAM sounds. Have you been able to obtain actual sounds from the 320? (Amber caution: single chime) (Red warnings: continuous chime) (A/P disconnection by take over: cavalry) etc..

Regards

D

Yes, we did have the TACS sounds recorded by a fine customer though, as the aircraft we did the sound recordings on had a outdated sound (oh yes that happens) set that does not match the newer displays.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs,

Not sure if you remember me or not, but I used to beta test for you long ago (and do some PR work) on the Venice project as well as other projects. I am not sure if it helps at all, taking into account I would be a new purchaser myself, but if you happen to release earlier than the Monday timeframe I would be happy to hang around and help out in any way I can. Perhaps even collecting bug reports from people (I used to send you reports a while back when I was testing/and doing some PR for you).

Again, not sure if this helps or not but I would happy to lend a hand.

Regards,

Shane

Best drop a mail to support@aesrosoft.com for that Shane. And yes I do remember you!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

have been following the aitbus thread(s) for a while now, looking fantastic. One question, will the airbus equivalent of (boeing's) FLCH (level change) be modelled? i cannot remember what it is called, maybe optimum climb/descend? thanks

Well that's not an easy one to answer.

The correct answer has to be no. We default to Managed and Selected vertical modes and that takes care of 90% of what's actually used in a crowded flight environment. For the purist that will be an issue, but that's not the customer this product is intended for anyway.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

but back to the airbus X: if i want to get the checklists and the documentation on my iPod, what do i have to do for that? do i need some special programms for that?

In the end they are just standard PDF files formatted for smaller screen sizes. We really do not like special software etc, all makes it very complex and it's not needed. So depending on your phone and OS you will have many options. I prefer Dropbox, could not live without that superb tool.

I'll see if we can have the PDF manuals added to free eBook stores, makes it a bit easier.

• Upvote 2

That's correct. Airways cannot be entered.

However, all waypoints can be entered manually, or as part of an FSX flightplan (default, FS Commander...)

Chris

I totally missed this. I knew the SID/STAR situation...

Well, at least vroute kicks out the FSX .pln file format. Looking forward to seeing the Bus in the flesh do to speak...

Great work there... :) (Just to add that this is not meant in any way sarcastically... some people here seem a little trigger happy with the post evaluation system...)

Andrew

• Upvote 1

So no SID/STAR entry. That's OK as stated most rerouting online is DCT anyway, except for the rare occasion when STAR changes.

But will we be able to manually enter waypoints that aren't in the navdata?

1: via coordinates? For example the LOWI TULSI 3A arrival where TULSI is located at N 47 42.06 E011 47.20

2: via VOR/Radial/DME? For example the ENHD SUBEK 3V arrival where HD310 is at R131 KRM DME 7.4

I've seen both ways of defining waypoints on european charts.

(These examples are probably outdated BTW, I haven't flown there in quite some time and just grabbed some old charts.)

I'm looking forward to this bus...Have been for months (even though I am not the intended customer biggrin.gif ).

Question for you guys - Is there a route planner out there that will add the extended center lines for runways to the FSX flight plan?

Looking at the MCDU manual, it doesn't look like it will support the selection of runways at the destination airport for the purpose of auto tuning the ILS or placing the extended centerline of the runway on the ND, etc. - Correct me if I'm wrong (holds breath and crosses fingers hoping he's wrong..).

MCDU Manual

Dave