Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

My friend Mathijs.

Do you consider because of the delay all this time,giving to us a present (bonus) with the purchace of the AIRBUS!!

Discus K Glider X will be GREAT!!!

I am joking...but who knows...

Best regards

kanakakis Konstantinos

What will you ask PMDG for when they release the 737NGX ;)

Chris

• Upvote 2

I know, i was only playing! No offence was intended! :-)

I'm always amazed at how good the english is on here (makes one feel ashamed), I can dabble in German and a bit of Spanish.

As a scouser, I can just make out what Jamie Carragher said at the end of Liverpool's Europa League match tonight wink.gif

Chris

Going back to an earlier post about saved panel states, I am assuming (I know, never assume...) that the autosave function in the full version of FSUIPC will preserve enough information to resume the flight after the CTD or FSX freeze that we are all too familiar with. I will have found out for myself by Monday night, I'm sure!

Rob.

Hi Mathijs,

I think you mentioned somewhere, you do have the X66F flight controls? If you do I would surely appreciate any tips on calibration and functions setup as you probably been clocking already a few hundred hours of flight testing on the bus by now. I have the X65F and I do find the setup pretty "fussy". I have been thinking of sending it back as I do find the force sensing do not provide the right Airbus feel on the stick. Would be happy to hear your verdict/advice.

Regards

D

What will you ask PMDG for when they release the 737NGX ;)

Chris

Sorry to fall in here...

PMDG has no delay, because they never tell you the exact release date......it will be in 2010 thats all...

Regards,

Ray

Nice photo, whats the airport and who makes the scenery?

That's Orbx's new airport WA79. Not exactly the place to be flying an Airbus that low though...! It's a VERY short grass strip! If this one is really on final there, it will probably land a few kilometers too far... ;)

Question about the MCDU: I read this in the manual:

"Now enter your Departure and Arrival airports using the ICAO codes. This is not needed if you started with a FSX flight plan loaded. Enter the date in one line like this: ****/****"

Is it possible to LOAD an already existing flightplans this way? I know some other addons have that possibility. Not really a necessary option (you can simply and quickly load a plan using the FSX menu) but it would be a nice addition, I think (not having to 'leave the VC'). ;)

I have a question, why has the Airbus X no wingflex?

I love the Wingflex

Basically to sumarise the last 20 or so pages of this topic, the Aerosoft Airbus X will not have wingflex because the real Airbus A320/21 doesn't have much wingflex or none at all. By doing this, performance is increased which is good :) End of wingflex topic. Let's focus on flying the plane rather than watching two wings move up and down as you fly which I'm sure after you've seen it, if it was modelled, you would probably get bored of watching it and forget about it ;) please end of Wingflex Discussion.

Looking forward to the release soon :) hanger is empty for the new arrival :)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Wait I'm hearing september 30, I thought the release was planned for august?

Seems to be some confusion.

Download release next Monday August 30, late in the day (German time). I just uploaded the Release Candidate to the guys who make the installers. So far all seems fine. Boxed release expected very late September or early October (depends a lot on translations).

One of the last issue was the web server but that seems to run great now. Loaded the Bus and my laptop now shows this:

web.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

This airbus is looking awesome. The gauges really hit me here.

Since this airbus is in fsx, and the FSX XML schema is a bit more flexible since it has more variables from the fs9 schema, are the gauges entirely made in XML?

Regards

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

I think you mentioned somewhere, you do have the X66F flight controls? If you do I would surely appreciate any tips on calibration and functions setup as you probably been clocking already a few hundred hours of flight testing on the bus by now. I have the X65F and I do find the setup pretty "fussy". I have been thinking of sending it back as I do find the force sensing do not provide the right Airbus feel on the stick. Would be happy to hear your verdict/advice.

Regards

D

Mmmm, yes. It's a strange stick. When it works there is nothing better, nothing even get's close, but sometimes it can drive mad because you can't seem to get the feel right for what you do. For the Airbus I am using a linear movement at the lowest force settings. Of course no null zone in FSX. I do not use a lot of the buttons as I find it easier to do it all with the VC buttons.

• Aerosoft

Hi all,

This airbus is looking awesome. The gauges really hit me here.

Since this airbus is in fsx, and the FSX XML schema is a bit more flexible since it has more variables from the fs9 schema, are the gauges entirely made in XML?

Regards

Yes. There are a few DLL's that help where XML can't go but even these DLL's are controlled by the 140.000 lines of XML code.

Download release next Monday August 30, late in the day (German time).

Hi Mathijs,

a tip from me as a seller. Make today the release before the weekend and you have more sales as more customers at the weekend have time to buy and test ;)