Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

But we do not do rain drops on the glass. We know it can be done because it has been shown, but those attempts cut fps by half. a price we were not willing pay pay.

I have to disagree a little to this statement. On my computer i don't notice a cut in half in fps because of precipitation animation, 1 to 3 fps at max. And that is with 32 bits bmp's i use for sharpness and clarity reasons (rain animation = 16 frames x 1.33 MB instead of 500Kb for DXT5). It's cumulus cloud that has noticable impact on fps, but still not cuts fps in half.

The real reason for missing stuff i guess would be something like: development cost against sales volume, and i can understand that. Even with missing items i'm very positive about this release. It has a lot of appealing things in it and has to be flown with Aerosoft SOP, wilco. I'm almost sure i will buy this Bus, after having read the paying reviewers first ;)

The days that a developer only had to make a knob, switch or button visually rotate, flip or pushed are almost over, luckily! I hope the weather system in the 'Next Simulator' will be so real that no developer has an excuse to not implement wipers, window heathers, weather radar, pressurization control etc :lol: Just joking.

• Developer

Thank you for the info. Seems I have found my future aircraft. smile.gif

As long as you have your feets on ground (related to the Sim), you will be happy with it.

It is not 100% of all what you will hope to get, but that is the same as the FSX itself, it's far away what I wish to have.

But, I was able to use this plane since yesterday, far away from any involvement in the team or any part of the development, a user as all of you. And, I made some flights today with the "Beta". I am also one of the stupid "beautyfame paying Beta tester" of this girl from Airsimmers, forget her name, but I can say, that even when some points are open, this flights today was the first flights I did in FSX (after 3 years), where I was happy after each of them, because they all end with a landing and not a CTD or OOM or what ever I have seen before. And, I have to push alot of buttons, not only Ctrl+E to start it, more then on some other Airbusmodels on the market (is there one other for FSX, don't talk about Wilco).

Sounds are perfect, VC is perfect, some clickspots need to be learned, but if you have it, no problem, FMC is usefull, not 100% perfect, but what is perfect?

- For a user, who is willing to pay 2.000 Euro for a very deap implemented Aircraft addon, forget this Aircaft.

- For a user, who is willing to pay 40 Euro for a very deap implemented Aircraft addon, forget the User.

- For a user, who search a Airbus Addon, giving him the feeling how the aircraft is to use, to enjoy the flight in the time he has to do it, without any frustation of not pushing the last deep found button, your are welcome, and this is what you get for a fair price: fun.

Btw: The Airbus is very fair to his driver, other then old MD's or Boeings, so I have learned in real simulators, that you are able to fly this bird, when you learned, how the bird "thinks" (under normal conditions of course).

Fazit: You want to fly after your job, not make a job to fly, then, you will enjoy this airplane. (60& goes to the concept of Airbus, 40% to the developers of this plane to follow 90% of that concept)

:lol:

• Upvote 2

You'll always find a video where the engines sound like lady gaga on my daughters ipod.

Please delay the release of the Bus a bit and allow you one free day to take care about your daughters music :lol:

• Upvote 2

Can we pre-order the download? Is there any real advantage to that if we can, or is it best just to pay and download on release day?

Simon

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Will there be a pre-order special price for the download version like there is for the boxed version?

Really excited about this release!!

Phil

Quote; Oliver Pabst: What part of the statement was unclear here? Did you ever have payed for a paintkit? How was it?

Clearly I'm not the sharpest tool in the box this evening! Note to self; read the entire post before jumping to conclusions.

I guess the phrases, self installer's & livery packs caused me to hit the panic button. I should have been aware that a customer savvy company like Aerosoft wouldn't find sneaky means of extra revenue making.

I did manage to find an example of one company charging for a 'livery pack' in the pilot shop of a popular website. Some people might think that's ok to do it, I just think it's a little mean.

Quote; Oliver Pabst: What part of the statement was unclear here? Did you ever have payed for a paintkit? How was it?

Clearly I'm not the sharpest tool in the box this evening! Note to self; read the entire post before jumping to conclusions.

I guess the phrases, self installer's & livery packs caused me to hit the panic button. I should have been aware that a customer savvy company like Aerosoft wouldn't find sneaky means of extra revenue making.

I did manage to find an example of one company charging for a 'livery pack' in the pilot shop of a popular website. Some people might think that's ok to do it, I just think it's a little mean.

There is one company with the initals of JF that is charging for liveries for the newest A320x. Not exactly cheap either.

Release date: 30.09.2010 Why? 1 mounth after 31.10.2010 & 1 mounth after.............

Simple answer. Because during that month there may well be issues that come to light that were not evident in the download version and the boxed version will include any service pack that has to be produced to deal with these issues.

Not sure what your home tongue is, but we'll have the full manuals English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and Russian.[...]

Hi Matthijs, with all the claims of how easy it is to fly I'd expect we'd see an Ikea-style manual!

;)

• Upvote 1

Not 100% sure on that. The Dutch and Russian are in progress now by people who are quickly becoming my new best friends, The other languages will lag a bit. But don't worry, the manuals are written with the kind of customer like you in mind. If it is nice to use but not needed (and the Airbus is FULL of those things) the manual will tell you. Just skip these things and have fun.

oh, I'm sure that i will have fun with the airbus! i can already imagine my first approach @ innsbruck after flying out of Palma or Nice X...:rolleyes:

the airbus looks really so beautiful.

By the way, i'm sure that i'm not the ideal customer of this airbus, cause i like flying the PMDGs with their whole procedures and so on... but i often read the manual and so i learn how the virtual plane has to be flowen. if i don't learn how to fly the real thing with that i don't really care. i also fly planes which are looking great, even if they don't have a PMDG like systemdepth. with these information, can you tell me if the airbus x would be good for me? (i know that this is a really difficould question because this isn't very much information)

Mathijs, a few days ago you've said that the airbus x has at about 230.000 polygons (I'm not sure how much exactly at this moment). for the first look this sounds very much, but can you give us some examples of what other beautiful looking add-ons like the CS767/727, or the PMDG MD11/JS41 have? in my opinion it would be good to have something with what we can compare.

regards

Emi

Er, but you won't be charging us for these will you?

Just to confirm I asked Mathijs a few seconds ago.

Shaun says:

*Mathijs just a quickie, we have no intentions for charging for the airbus repaints will we

Mathijs says:

*absolutely not

So there you go folks absolutely no charge.

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

This airbus is looking awesome. The gauges really hit me here.

Since this airbus is in fsx, and the FSX XML schema is a bit more flexible since it has more variables from the fs9 schema, are the gauges entirely made in XML?

Regards

Wait I'm hearing september 30, I thought the release was planned for august?

Download is Monday 30th of Aug. Box end of Sept-Oct depending on language. Where did you hear 30th of Sep, are you speaking of download or box? Nothing has changed re download date, it looks to be out in download from next Monday based on comments this week and last week from Aerosoft. Things can change as always, and someone correct me I have may missed something on the dates.

Simon

Download is Monday 30th of Aug. Box end of Sept-Oct depending on language. Where did you hear 30th of Sep, are you speaking of download or box? Nothing has changed re download date, it looks to be out in download from next Monday based on comments this week and last week from Aerosoft. Things can change as always, and someone correct me I have may missed something on the dates.

Simon

hmm, maybe I was reading posts regard the box, on a previous page I saw a discussion about 30.9.10 plus the above posted link, which made me a little confused, if that only indicates box release.

sorry to further clog the thread with my nonsense :P

You have no idea how much i hope you are correct!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

snapback.pngkatzy, on 19 August 2010 - 12:13 PM, said:

Mathijs how much longer!!!!!!???????

August 30th.

With regards, Mathijs Kok (on behalf of Aerosoft)

Please note we do not do any support via PM's on the forum.

If you insist on email support (not as fast as on these forums!) use support@aerosoft.com.

Follow us on Twitter!

Good evening,

This is what Mathijs said 19 august

Eric

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

snapback.pngkatzy, on 19 August 2010 - 12:13 PM, said:

Mathijs how much longer!!!!!!???????

August 30th.

With regards, Mathijs Kok (on behalf of Aerosoft)

Please note we do not do any support via PM's on the forum.

If you insist on email support (not as fast as on these forums!) use support@aerosoft.com.

Follow us on Twitter!

Good evening,

This is what Mathijs said 19 august

Eric

If you exit at the end of August would be perfect in order to study it and take my hand, waiting is so. Various bugs can be corrected with the release of service pack. We hope

• Upvote 2

If you exit at the end of August would be perfect in order to study it and take my hand, waiting is so. Various bugs can be corrected with the release of service pack. We hope

eh? :wacko:

• Upvote 1

eh? :wacko:

Not everyone speaks English as goodly as we do :)

I think what is being said here is "If it is released at the end of August I will watch the feedback and hopefully a service pack will be released to correct any bugs."

or something like that.

Not everyone speaks English as goodly as we do :)

I think what is being said here is "If it is released at the end of August I will watch the feedback and hopefully a service pack will be released to correct any bugs."

or something like that.

I know, i was only playing! No offence was intended! :-)

• Upvote 2