Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

the answer is hal9000

best regards

paul

I was more or less hoping this would take at least 30 minutes to find, but yup, you win, contact Shaun at support@aerosoft.com with the secret password "mathijsiscool' when you see it released and you'll not pay.

How about the key pad with the 8 and 9 missing?

RayM

Squawk codes dont go above the number 7

what about the "Slew" Button?

Regards

Jan Poerschke

nonsens :rolleyes:

Slew is for advancing the paper in the printer

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity what does the SLEW button mean for a real airliner? And since there's no airways supported where can we find a chart for airways? (If I decide not to purchase an outside program)? Thanks again.

It is not a cause of 'wouldn't it make it easier to include SID/STARs?'. No, because the intended user of this product won't know what they are or be concerned with them. So no issue.

Chris

Considering that most of your potential/intended customer base is on this forum asking questions about SID and STARS, would that not indicate to you that the majority of your potential/intended customers know what they are, or do you consider the majority of your form members non intended customers.

• Upvote 2

Oh wait, I got something nice for today...

Attached a render (so not from inside FSX) of the pedestal. We made it for a professional customer who might be using the model. Shows the modeling and texturing in the best way.There's a small easter egg kind of joke in there, spot it first and you get a free copy next Monday.

I think it is HAL9000, the computer from 2010, A Space Odyssey.

Dinshaw.

I was more or less hoping this would take at least 30 minutes to find, but yup, you win, contact Shaun at support@aerosoft.com with the secret password "mathijsiscool' when you see it released and you'll not pay.

thanks a lot Mathijs!

bye

Paul

Lets start on it... (because I got a question about that and because I got nothing new on the Bus today). Why decides what a contaminated runway is? I ask because last winter I was riding shotgun in a MD80 and the captain and his 12 year old copilot (well he seemed that young) had an argument on that. What's 'standing water' etc? Is that something the airport decides of is it up to size of the cojones of the captain? I could not ask in that occasion because the captain did not like me in the cockpit (the airline arranged that) and he told me to sit there, sit still, not to touch anything and to be silent. Did not even get coffee.

There is a definition, when something is subjective in aviation it tends to be a disaster waiting to happen tongue.gif It depends upon the type of contaminant and can vary between aircraft types. For the Airbus A320 (IAE varient): when 25% of the runway is covered "with greater than 3mm of standing water, 3mm of slush, 4mm of wet snow or 15mm of dry snow or compacted snow" the runway is considered to be "contaminated". For the 737 it's exactly the same except the depth of dry snow need only be 10mm deep. If the depth of standing water or slush is above 13mm the 737 is not permitted to takeoff. If the depth of dry or compacted snow is deeper than 50mm the takeoff is not permitted. If a runway is contaminated it should be on the ATIS, along with the depth of any contaminant.

Edit: CRM320 I sent you a pm :)

• Upvote 2

Considering that most of your potential/intended customer base is on this forum asking questions about SID and STARS, would that not indicate to you that the majority of your potential/intended customers know what they are, or do you consider the majority of your form members non intended customers.

Hi, I don't work for Aerosoft I'm just involved in the Beta testing. However, what makes you assume that most of the products customer base is on this forum?

Have you looked at the forum statistics? The number of people contributing to this forum wouldn't constitute sufficient customer base for a product of this scale.

The customer base of this product as with many others is far beyond this forum.

The majority of people that come onto the forum are pure enthusiasts, which is why there are so many calls for advanced features.

I trust that Aerosoft knows it's Market.

Chris

• Upvote 3

Hi, I don't work for Aerosoft I'm just involved in the Beta testing. However, what makes you assume that most of the products customer base is on this forum?

Have you looked at the forum statistics? The number of people contributing to this forum wouldn't constitute sufficient customer base for a product of this scale.

The customer base of this product as with many others is far beyond this forum.

The majority of people that come onto the forum are pure enthusiasts, which is why there are so many calls for advanced features.

I trust that Aerosoft knows it's Market.

Chris

Yes thats right, you are just a beta tester, yet you are still able to make comment on the intended customer base.

What makes me assume, is the same way you assume in a previous posting that the intended customers dont know what a SID or STAR is.

So because I know what SID's and STARS are does that mean im not an intended customer, so I guess according to you, the beta tester, im not an intended customer.

Yes im aware that other people that do not come to forums or fly on vatsim do buy pay ware products, which is why I used the word "majority"

Does Aerosoft really know its market, I mean there have been so many requests for functions that are present in the real aircraft but Aerosoft have chosen not to include them, if i was a developer my own forums would be the first place i would look for mt target market and what people are looking for in a quality simulation.

For me i think Aerosoft are in over there head on making aircraft and molding proper aircraft systems, and should stick to something they are good at, like scenery.

As for my personal opinion on the Aerosoft airbus

The cockpit textures look horrible, it looks like they dragged an old flight deck out of the rubbish tip, and they look nothing like the real thing, there is to much grey in the colour, and too much purple in the Text on the PFD/FMA's and ND, but Aerosoft boast that the aircraft is molded physically to the T, showing pix to prove it.

You say its in BETA, but the release is less than 10 days away, i would expect that in the last 10 days you would be flinising the product and its documents ready for release date, not having issues like this that stick out like a sore thumb.

take off roll the speed is in the red

10 feet is showing on the Radio altimeter while its on the ground, and last time I checked the RA sensors on the bottom of the aircraft were not 10 feet from the ground.

RWY TRK is not something an Airbus displays

Its AP 1+2 not 1AP2

ATHR has a / in it A/THR

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2264586/bus/Pic2.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2264586/bus/Pic6.JPG

Speed is supposed to be Green

Land is supposed to come up and 400 ft AGL and takes up two sections on the FMA and is never displayed in Blue, in till that its ALT over G/S and NAV over LOC

• Upvote 3

Yes thats right, you are just a beta tester, yet you are still able to make comment on the intended customer base.

What makes me assume, is the same way you assume in a previous posting that the intended customers dont know what a SID or STAR is.

So because I know what SID's and STARS are does that mean im not an intended customer, so I guess according to you, the beta tester, im not an intended customer.

Yes im aware that other people that do not come to forums or fly on vatsim do buy pay ware products, which is why I used the word "majority"

Does Aerosoft really know its market, I mean there have been so many requests for functions that are present in the real aircraft but Aerosoft have chosen not to include them, if i was a developer my own forums would be the first place i would look for mt target market and what people are looking for in a quality simulation.

For me i think Aerosoft are in over there head on making aircraft and molding proper aircraft systems, and should stick to something they are good at, like scenery.

The cockpit textures look horrible, it looks like they dragged an old flight deck out of the rubbish tip, and they look nothing like the real thing, there is to much grey in the colour, and too much purple in the Text on the PFD/FMA's and ND, but Aerosoft boast that the aircraft is molded physically to the T, showing pix to prove it.

You say its in BETA, but the release is less than 10 days away, i would expect that in the last 10 days you would be flinising the product and its documents ready for release date, not having issues like this that stick out like a sore thumb.

take off roll the speed is in the red

10 feet is showing on the Radio altimeter while its on the ground, and last time I checked the RA sensors on the bottom of the aircraft were not 10 feet from the ground.

RWY TRK is not something an Airbus displays

Its AP 1+2 not 1AP2

ATHR has a / in it A/THR

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2264586/bus/Pic2.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2264586/bus/Pic6.JPG

Speed is supposed to be Green

Land is supposed to come up and 400 ft AGL and takes up two sections on the FMA and is never displayed in Blue, in till that its ALT over G/S and NAV over LOC

Do you feel better for that?...

Mathijs has made the intended customer base for this product well known, but that is not to say that people with more advanced systems knowledge can't purchase it; just know to expect a basic version.

I don't see the point of continuing this discussion further as you clearly don't like the product or direction Aerosoft has taken with it.

Chris

• Upvote 5

Do you feel better for that?...

Mathijs has made the intended customer base for this product well known, but that is not to say that people with more advanced systems knowledge can't purchase it; just know to expect a basic version.

I don't see the point of continuing this discussion further as you clearly don't like the product or direction Aerosoft has taken with it.

Chris

Im just highlighting Facts, Aerosoft state that their textures and VC are better than that of other Products available, including comparing pictures, and boasting that they have proof that they measured every thing so its in the right place, yet they cant even get the Cockpit colour right.

And by the looks of it, most of the people here dont like the direction Aerosoft have taken with their product either, so what is the intended customer base other than just repeating to me bla bla bla people that want a basic simulation, because they may as well just use the default, as that is all the Aerosoft airbus is, just a dressed up Default aircraft, its clearly not the people here on the forums.

• Upvote 2

@ Kirk. I respectfully disagree with your opinion re the aerosoft Airbus X. You do realise that different airlines have different colour schemes in their cockpits, don't you? Besides I am on this forum and I am quite satisfied by the way Aerosoft have developed this aircraft. If you care to look you will find this forum has thousands of members the vast majority of whom have not complained about Aerosofts plans for the Airbus X. It is only the vocal minority who think that by repeatedly barracking the developers that they will get their way. Happily Aerosoft have stuck more or less to their original plan.

• Upvote 8

Im just highlighting Facts, Aerosoft state that their textures and VC are better than that of other Products available, including comparing pictures, and boasting that they have proof that they measured every thing so its in the right place, yet they cant even get the Cockpit colour right.

And by the looks of it, most of the people here dont like the direction Aerosoft have taken with their product either, so what is the intended customer base other than just repeating to me bla bla bla people that want a basic simulation, because they may as well just use the default, as that is all the Aerosoft airbus is, just a dressed up Default aircraft, its clearly not the people here on the forums.

Wow, take it easy please! Flightsimming is just a nice hobby for having fun :wacko: It isn't work you have to do!

Eric

• Upvote 2

@ Kirk. I respectfully disagree with your opinion re the aerosoft Airbus X. You do realise that different airlines have different colour schemes in their cockpits, don't you?

Well from an airline employee point of view, every Airbus I have ever worked on, from A320 A330 and A340, including airlines such as South African, Emirates, Singapore, Cathay, Jetstar, Qantas, all the flight decks have had the same colour, I think your confusing Airbus with Boeing where they have different MCP and PFD speed tape, and HSI colours.

• Upvote 2

Well from an airline employee point of view, every Airbus I have ever worked on, from A320 A330 and A340, including airlines such as South African, Emirates, Singapore, Cathay, Jetstar, Qantas, all the flight decks have had the same colour, I think your confusing Airbus with Boeing where they have different MCP and PFD speed tape, and HSI colours.

No, I was refering to this statement you made.

The cockpit textures look horrible, it looks like they dragged an old flight deck out of the rubbish tip, and they look nothing like the real thing, there is to much grey in the colour,

No, I was refering to this statement you made.

Well its true, the colours and textures look nothing like the real thing, compare it the photo that Mr Kok placed, which is a nice light blue with reflection and glare, where as the Aerosoft bus is a dirty dark blue with mac black.

And comment doesn't really relate to you saying airlines have different options.

• Upvote 1

Well look on the bright side then, you will save yourself the purchase price if you decide not to buy it. :D You may have to wait quite a while for a better bus to come along mind you!

• Upvote 6

Well its true, the colours and textures look nothing like the real thing, compare it the photo that Mr Kok placed, which is a nice light blue with reflection and glare, where as the Aerosoft bus is a dirty dark blue with mac black.

And comment doesn't really relate to you saying airlines have different options.

You simply don't have a clue do you?

- It's simple the real airbus cockpit panels have sometimes different colors.

- A photo is a impression with a lot of factors that influence the actual colors and quality.

- You are looking via a monitor, which my guess isn't calibrated correct and also several different personal settings.

- Your own eyes

- The photo is static but the Sim isn't there we have dynamic lightning which change the actual

rgb colors and it's different per time and angle (sound like real life lol)

- The only thing which could give a correct impression is the real aircraft they have taken pictures from.

- Official rgb colors from Airbus and the rgb values used by the dev team.

So you see it's all relative and in the eye of the beholder what is right or wrong and in this case there isn't right or wrong ;-)

But my guess is you are here for the sake of the argument instead of being grateful that they share the development process and the hard work.

Have fun,

Cheers,

André

• Upvote 11

Eventhough I consider myself a FS diehard, loving a full setup from a cold & dark flightdeck, I'm really looking forward to this release.

One question though; I'm a bit dissapointed that the A319 is not included. Especially since I believe the A319 is the most popular model of the Airbus narrowbody types.

Any chance the A319 is added later via a (paid) expansion?

• Upvote 1