Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Will there we wing flex though?

I kid I kid

Really looking forward for this and i think aerosoft have done well to get this far ,ive noticed a bit of a curse when it comes to airbus addon development, but judging by the quality of their scenery addons i expect nothing

short or a work of art.

Are the cockpit tool tips (I think thats what they are called) working for all or most buttons such as the heading knob with the heading reading in the pop up tip? A lot of add-on aircraft seem to miss these out or just tell you what the button is when hovering the mouse over it. I don't have a large screen and these readouts do come in handy if you cant read the screen without zooming in on some PFDs which can be difficult whilst trying to turn the heading knob at the same time :rolleyes:

Will there we wing flex though?

I insist on a realistic sounding dunny flush - if the lav doesn't have that vacuum sound there is no way I or anyone else will ever buy this product! :rolleyes:

lets just wait for the release.

matthias can then decide whether an advance option is going to happen ok guys?

I mean people are passionate both sides of the fence,

but my opinion is that adding sid.star support could be a clickable option in the advanced version [if it happens] so people can be happy :) *yay*

• Aerosoft

I'm still not really following this part. Calculating a proper Flex temperature is quite an involved business if you don't have a program to input things such as the airfield, runway, temperature, QNH etc. You can read a temperature off of a chart, but each runway at each airfield requires its own chart because each runway has a different TORA/TODA/ASDA and a different elevation, that's without the variables of temperature and QNH and take off weight. If a straight-forward SID is going to confuse someone, Flex temperatures are going to be a total minefield.

No, they are not going to be a minefield. Just fill in some of the data (you mention some) and the load manager will calculate them for you. We'll ignore the per airport part (does any add-on actually contain the data for all runways like that?). It's all rather relative as well as I seen often enough that the pnf kept the aircraft a bit longer (few more knots) on the runway because he had all the room in the world, was checking something etc. I have seen a lot of flightlogs from one single A319 a few weeksw ago and it includes the set (calculated) Vr and the actual Vr. It's amazing to see how they can differ.

Now if the runway is high, short and has standing water and the wind is not favorable and the temperatures are high these things all become very important. But in FSX the ground drag is so whacked that a fully realistic take-off run is more a pipe dream then anything else. I am sure you have noticed how slow the aircraft start to accelerate and that the kick in the back that many aircraft (MD83, lightly loaded, yeah!!) have is missing.

But as said, getting a very good estimate on the correct flex is not hard. In the examples I tried this morning only 2 of the 12 were off and never more then 1 degree. And as any pilot will tell you is a error factor they are willing to live with. They got to be aces to nail the Vr to a single knot anyway. It's a bit like the online controller who last weekend told me to fly heading 223. I told him I was in a Catalina and that I would try to fly something close to 225. He was upset, did not understand that without digital AP's flying to a single degree is a joke only new pilots don't get.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

the checklist seems a bit short to me?! there are no points like battery/on and much more....or is there a checklist included which will guide you through cold&dark to shutdown?!

best regards

Vol 1 - In FSX

Vol 2 - Normal Procedures

Vol 3 - Procedure Guide

Vol 4 - Systems

Vol 5 - Checklists

Vol 6 - MCDU guide

Vol 7 - Step by Step guide

Available in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and Russian.

So yes there is a full procedure guide that has all the steps between entering and leaving the cockpit.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I have a question from the owner's manual, something that's significant in any aircraft addon. It discusses the ability to save the aircraft in various states (cold and dark, take-off, taxi state, etc..) but goes on to say the flight plan is excluded due to technical reasons. How does one resume a flight from the cruise state if the flight plan isn't loaded in the MCDU? I guess you can import it back in from your flight planner, then do a 'direct' to the next waypoint to re-initiate the flight? If that's the case, I guess no major problem exists. Still, it's unfortunate that it couldn't have been retained with the rest of the settings.

Curt

You'll need to save a standard FLT as well, no way around that I am afraid.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Are the cockpit tool tips (I think thats what they are called) working for all or most buttons such as the heading knob with the heading reading in the pop up tip? A lot of add-on aircraft seem to miss these out or just tell you what the button is when hovering the mouse over it. I don't have a large screen and these readouts do come in handy if you cant read the screen without zooming in on some PFDs which can be difficult whilst trying to turn the heading knob at the same time :rolleyes:

No, we experimented but decided against that. Most of the mouse controls (only those can show tooltips) have multiple functions (like the LSKs) so it makes little sense there. It also hurts FPS rather bad (unexpected).

• Upvote 1

does someone know if there are callouts like V1, Vr, V2, positive rate of climb, gear up and so on simulated?

as it says that the aircraft is focused on the left seat i would say no, but it's also focused on reducing the pilots workload, and so i'd say that those callouts would be very usefull.

if this question has already been answerd please just tell me where i can find the answer. (at least the search function didn't help me^^)

regards

Emi

Indeed but I am yet to come across an SOP who will let you do that. Or I really would like to know. Taxiing on single engine is one of the things we got to adhere to (assuming some other restriction are met) and there are many more. These days cost saving is a priority. An airline has got to be safe but it has got to be profitable. We don't make the rule book I'm afraid. Anyway, we are drifting off course, let's get back to Airbus X!

Regards

D

The airline I fly for, on the Airbus fleet, does not allow reduced thrust takeoffs on contaminated runways or if directed by the MEL. There you go, an SOP that does permit TO/GA for Airbus departures ;)

• Upvote 1

No, they are not going to be a minefield. Just fill in some of the data (you mention some) and the load manager will calculate them for you. We'll ignore the per airport part (does any add-on actually contain the data for all runways like that?). It's all rather relative as well as I seen often enough that the pnf kept the aircraft a bit longer (few more knots) on the runway because he had all the room in the world, was checking something etc. I have seen a lot of flightlogs from one single A319 a few weeksw ago and it includes the set (calculated) Vr and the actual Vr. It's amazing to see how they can differ.

Now if the runway is high, short and has standing water and the wind is not favorable and the temperatures are high these things all become very important. But in FSX the ground drag is so whacked that a fully realistic take-off run is more a pipe dream then anything else. I am sure you have noticed how slow the aircraft start to accelerate and that the kick in the back that many aircraft (MD83, lightly loaded, yeah!!) have is missing.

But as said, getting a very good estimate on the correct flex is not hard. In the examples I tried this morning only 2 of the 12 were off and never more then 1 degree. And as any pilot will tell you is a error factor they are willing to live with. They got to be aces to nail the Vr to a single knot anyway.

Thanks Mathijs, Bob already mentioned the Load Manager, I wasn't aware the Airbus X was coming with a program that will calculate assumed temperatures along with V speeds, hence my question. As for the things you say you've observed pilots doing, I'm guessing they don't have a monitoring system? At my airline they monitor all sorts of variables and keeping the aircraft on the runway past Vr for a long time will be recorded as a high unstick speed. There is a built in margin for the performance, you're right, but those margins are not large, hence the reason my airline monitors things like high unstick speeds and various other parameters.

While you're right that entering data into a program is relatively straight forward, the concept behind understanding pressure altitudes, drag coefficients and so forth is rather complex, that's why I asked the initial question because I was unaware of the Load Manager program. Obviously with the load manager people can enter data easily without understanding how the end result has been formulated.

• Upvote 1

The airline I fly for, on the Airbus fleet, does not allow reduced thrust takeoffs on contaminated runways or if directed by the MEL. There you go, an SOP that does permit TO/GA for Airbus departures ;)

Contaminated runway.. I won't even start on that one, I don't think this is the right forum to do so. As a matter of curiosity, what carrier to you work for/what type?

Regards

D

• Aerosoft

does someone know if there are callouts like V1, Vr, V2, positive rate of climb, gear up and so on simulated?

as it says that the aircraft is focused on the left seat i would say no, but it's also focused on reducing the pilots workload, and so i'd say that those callouts would be very usefull.

if this question has already been answerd please just tell me where i can find the answer. (at least the search function didn't help me^^)

regards

Emi

No, we are not a big fan of simulated pnf's as the often collide with 3rd party addons. Would be not hard for some person to make a small XML based gauge to insert though, we even got the sound files for that I think. Perhaps a good start for the community idea we got in mind for this Bus.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Contaminated runway.. I won't even start on that one, I don't think this is the right forum to do so. As a matter of curiosity, what carrier to you work for/what type?

Regards

D

Lets start on it... (because I got a question about that and because I got nothing new on the Bus today). Why decides what a contaminated runway is? I ask because last winter I was riding shotgun in a MD80 and the captain and his 12 year old copilot (well he seemed that young) had an argument on that. What's 'standing water' etc? Is that something the airport decides of is it up to size of the cojones of the captain? I could not ask in that occasion because the captain did not like me in the cockpit (the airline arranged that) and he told me to sit there, sit still, not to touch anything and to be silent. Did not even get coffee.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Oh wait, I got something nice for today...

Attached a render (so not from inside FSX) of the pedestal. We made it for a professional customer who might be using the model. Shows the modeling and texturing in the best way.There's a small easter egg kind of joke in there, spot it first and you get a free copy next Monday.

post-43-128266275639_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Attached a render (so not from inside FSX) of the pedestal. We made it for a professional customer who might be using the model. Shows the modeling and texturing in the best way.There's a small easter egg kind of joke in there, spot it first and you get a free copy next Monday.

I guess a bit too easy, but I see a "slew" button?...worth a trysmile.gif

William

• Aerosoft

I guess a bit too easy, but I see a "slew" button?...worth a trysmile.gif

William

Wrong! It far more subtle.

Oh wait, I got something nice for today...

MDDU Ready should read MCDU Ready.