Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Thats why we often are very reluctant to show images of beta projects.

Both the ND and PFD are work in progress.

The one I use right now looks different.

Finn

• Upvote 3

Good catch. These things are very important even for newbies. Colors on FMA shows if the mode are armed or active. What does yellow color indicate? Hmm. And radio altimeter...it is not Baro, how does it read altitude on the ground? I just wonder how Rad Alts accurate at the decision height...Looks to me those things needs be worked out. rolleyes.gif

Guys, we all noticed those little imperfections, but please acknowledge you are looking at a Beta product.

Regards

D

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not quite sure if I am right, but navigraph does not install any database in the FS9/FSX, but for every single aircraft there is a special installer, which puts the current AIRAC with the updated database (especially waypoints) in the appropriate folders the aircraft is looking in. So could you please confirm, that there will be the possibility to add the current AIRAC every month with a navigraph abonnement?

Ralf, you are wrong: It is corrrect that Navigraph provides various databases, e.g. for FSC, Eaglesoft, PMDG (the ones I use), But there is also a kind of generic database installed under x:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Navigraph\Navdata. The tricky thing is that this database is not called generic on their website, it runs under "Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 Professional ". So you will only see it if you download this one. And this is the one Mathijs was referring to.

Guys, we all noticed those little imperfections, but please acknowledge you are looking at a Beta product.

Regards

D

Er... is that so...? The Airbus will be released in a week or so. Isn't it about time for an RC? The manual is being made too right now (or maybe even being finished) and I sure hope it will not contain pictures of beta's PFDs and ND's...

• Upvote 1

Thats why we often are very reluctant to show images of beta projects.

Both the ND and PFD are work in progress.

The one I use right now looks different.

Finn

Hi Finn,

I totally understand what you mean. What you see is not necessarily what you get in this case :lol:

If I may suggest, if you (read you as team) are going to put out any further screen shots before release, you may want to add a tag like a disclaimer that this is an older alpha/beta. It may avoid some comments about things not being correct etc.

I am not for a second suggesting that it is unwarrented for folks to point out "flaws", in fact such observations invariably lead to improvements in a product. I am just saying, that we public are not aware how far down the line of development these prototype shots are, only the team does. It will probably cause less speculation and jumping to conclusions that these are from the latest build.

Dinshaw.

Since this is a preview forum showing projects under developement I don´t find it necessary to emphasise the fact that all what we are showing here are Alpha or Beta shots. It´s like having to tell people going into a shoeshop that they can´t buy apples in there :)

I have nothiing against when people are pointing at flaws as such, but remember that we have a group of very skilled beta testers, and thrust me they don´t make us rest for long !!

Regarding posting more screenshots... no problem - but those waiting to find bugs and flaws - please remember that we still have 10 days to clean things up - thats actually a long time seen from my position.

And for those not knowing what a release candidte is...

It´s the very last fileset, send to the beta testers to confirm that all the newest files are in and that the file structure is ok.

A RC01 can become RC02 if some important last minutte bugs are found, but RC's aren't send out 10 days before release. At that point we still talk beta.

Finn

• Upvote 4

A few quick observations looking at these and previous screenshots:

-- why is the radio alt reading 10 on the ground?

-- the mini compass below the horizon on the ADI is misaligned

-- the speed trend's arrowhead is getting clipped in the take-off screenshot. Fyi, its range is limited to 40 knots

-- why's the red Alpha Max Speed strip on the right of the speed tape visible on the ground?

-- why's the target speed when displayed above and below the speed tape always in magenta, even when it's manually selected on the FCU?

-- why is 'SPEED' on the FMA in yellow?

-- why does the speed tape start from 0 knots?

-- the TOC/TOD arrows are misplaced

Sorry if I'm just nitpicking

As Finn says...its a beta. Let the boys work come on...

• Upvote 1

Two Condor paints .

Still waiting for any news on a release date , so keeping my hand in with a couple of paints .

This time Condor . Paint scheme shown here is circa 2000 and will shortly have another from the 1990's . It seems that Condor changed paint schemes more often than I change my socks !! There are versions of Condor with the Condor logo , Condor with Thomas Cook logo and Thomas Cook with powered by Condor ( and any variations that I might have forgotten ) .

Another painter has done Thomas Cook ( UK and Scandanavian ) , so will leave that one alone .

condor2000.jpg

condor20001.jpg

....Followed by Condor paint scheme late 90's .

condor20002.jpg

condor20003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

John

There will be a "Condor" Livery?

• Upvote 1

Since this is a preview forum showing projects under developement I don´t find it necessary to emphasise the fact that all what we are showing here are Alpha or Beta shots. It´s like having to tell people going into a shoeshop that they can´t buy apples in there smile.gif

I have nothiing against when people are pointing at flaws as such, but remember that we have a group of very skilled beta testers, and thrust me they don´t make us rest for long !!

Regarding posting more screenshots... no problem - but those waiting to find bugs and flaws - please remember that we still have 10 days to clean things up - thats actually a long time seen from my position.

And for those not knowing what a release candidte is...

It´s the very last fileset, send to the beta testers to confirm that all the newest files are in and that the file structure is ok.

A RC01 can become RC02 if some important last minutte bugs are found, but RC's aren't send out 10 days before release. At that point we still talk beta.

Finn

Well said mate :-)

• Upvote 1

Be carefull esg , now one guy its going to jump on you for making such observation...

A few quick observations looking at these and previous screenshots:

-- why is the radio alt reading 10 on the ground?

-- the mini compass below the horizon on the ADI is misaligned

-- the speed trend's arrowhead is getting clipped in the take-off screenshot. Fyi, its range is limited to 40 knots

-- why's the red Alpha Max Speed strip on the right of the speed tape visible on the ground?

-- why's the target speed when displayed above and below the speed tape always in magenta, even when it's manually selected on the FCU?

-- why is 'SPEED' on the FMA in yellow?

-- why does the speed tape start from 0 knots?

-- the TOC/TOD arrows are misplaced

Sorry if I'm just nitpicking

• Aerosoft

As requested by some people I will publish some of the manuals before release. Here are the first 3 documents, there will be 7 in total (as indicated in the Vol document). Any comment is of course welcome. But let's do it here... http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=37355

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried a search but trying to search on 2d panel isn't overly successful :) That said, is there a 2d panel with this aircraft or is it VC only?

thanks

VC only, but we provide viewpoints that more or less is the same without all the stupid effects of 2d panels (unrealistic viewing angles, lack of color depth etc). Don't worry about that.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Ralf, you are wrong: It is corrrect that Navigraph provides various databases, e.g. for FSC, Eaglesoft, PMDG (the ones I use), But there is also a kind of generic database installed under x:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Navigraph\Navdata. The tricky thing is that this database is not called generic on their website, it runs under "Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 Professional ". So you will only see it if you download this one. And this is the one Mathijs was referring to.

Thanks for that hint, was not aware and we'll add it to the manual.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for that hint, was not aware and we'll add it to the manual.

Just checked my set of 1008 Airacs and there she is , as GEN_1008

looking forward to this now guys! biggrin.gif

Alex

fully agreed, this project is being unfolded with just the right dose of carrot dangling on a stick - nothing in excess, everything presented for all to see, open and honest, great stuff aerosoft,

jayel

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Wow For a fully pledged 737NG pilot (in sim world)I never thought I would end up buying and flying a Scarebus!

However the Aerosoft team have blown me away with this one. (who needs those sids and stars anyway!)

Hi Mathijs,

That new feature that has not been listed, would that be traking your flight from a smart phone/pda? - cool feature by the way!

Regards,

Mark.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I am also very looking foward to see this airbus in the air. Maybe I mix something up but I am sure that there was an announcement from you Mathijs that there will be a more advanced version availbale after the release of the basic one, I am right ? I searched in the forum but I wasn´t succesful for this keyword...

regards

Pascal

Hi,

I am also very looking foward to see this airbus in the air. Maybe I mix something up but I am sure that there was an announcement from you Mathijs that there will be a more advanced version availbale after the release of the basic one, I am right ? I searched in the forum but I wasn´t succesful for this keyword...

regards

Pascal

They are thinking about - considering it. Nothing official has been said.

Hi,

regards

Pascal

Many of us are also eagerly waiting for the possibility of an advanced version but based on what Mathijs said I wouldn't expect any announcement before end of this year/early next year. I'd say let's give this Airbus X a good run and wait to see.

Regards

D

fully agreed, this project is being unfolded with just the right dose of carrot dangling on a stick - nothing in excess, everything presented for all to see, open and honest, great stuff aerosoft,

jayel

I echo your comment. I think honesty and transparency has been at the very top on this project, all credit to Mathijs.

Regards

D