Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Great night shots, there is something I love about flying at night, seeing the FSX sunset and all the other Aircraft are easier to see at night so you don't feel alone in the air, it's going to be fantastic!  :rolleyes:

Not sure if they brought the Bus to the Gamescom, it's always a difficult environment to show something serious. And sorry but we have at this moment no plans to support SIDs and STARs, we really want to get this thing done and then we'll see what will happen.

but that's exactly how i mean it: first you release the bus, and then (for the case that you're making the advances version) you do the SIDs/STARs first and then you release this function already in a patch befor the final version comes.

in my ears this sounds good, and i'm sure you'll get more customers if you announce that SIDs/STARs are going to be included, when even not from the beginning...-_-

but of cause this is just a possibility how you could get all those "are SID/STARs included" guys (that is NOT meant in any evil way) being quiet^_^ (by the way, i know that i've asked this question, too:lol:)

regards

Emi

I asked Finn to make some images of one of the test flights he done. Shows the PFD and the ND pretty good. The last image shows the incredible lighting effects, just compare that with default FSX.

Pic2.JPG

well seems to be Billund X right. I have an info as i saw this picture as the runway lights seems to be whit the glow effect to corect that use whit out glow under runway lights in Xgraphis then the lights should be corected to the light pole. as i noticed some changes in texture.. ells grate pictures, and yes it was a side step just only way to get it out.

Best regards Lars

• Upvote 2

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried a search but trying to search on 2d panel isn't overly successful :) That said, is there a 2d panel with this aircraft or is it VC only?

thanks

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have tried a search but trying to search on 2d panel isn't overly successful smile.gif That said, is there a 2d panel with this aircraft or is it VC only?

thanks

Hi Scott. This is a VC only plane... biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

We have added various cameraviews wich more or less nullyfies the need for 2D panels, they can even be called up using key presses F9-F12.

Finn

You say that like its a good thing

Not really. It's not my choice...All in all, I would like 2D panels, but it sounds like (as Finn says), they accounted somewhat for it. biggrin.gif

We have added various cameraviews wich more or less nullyfies the need for 2D panels, they can even be called up using key presses F9-F12.

Finn

Can we change the assignement of these keys as I use them for other add-ons ?

I asked Finn to make some images of one of the test flights he done. Shows the PFD and the ND pretty good. The last image shows the incredible lighting effects, just compare that with default FSX.

A few quick observations looking at these and previous screenshots:

-- why is the radio alt reading 10 on the ground?

-- the mini compass below the horizon on the ADI is misaligned

-- the speed trend's arrowhead is getting clipped in the take-off screenshot. Fyi, its range is limited to 40 knots

-- why's the red Alpha Max Speed strip on the right of the speed tape visible on the ground?

-- why's the target speed when displayed above and below the speed tape always in magenta, even when it's manually selected on the FCU?

-- why is 'SPEED' on the FMA in yellow?

-- why does the speed tape start from 0 knots?

-- the TOC/TOD arrows are misplaced

Sorry if I'm just nitpicking

• Upvote 1

-- the speed trend's arrowhead is getting clipped in the take-off screenshot. Fyi, its range is limited to 40 knots

-- why's the red Alpha Max Speed strip on the right of the speed tape visible on the ground?

-- why's the target speed when displayed above and below the speed tape always in magenta, even when it's manually selected on the FCU?

One word: beta :)

• Upvote 1

Finn

There may be a conflict with EZdok Camera here. If I remember right, EZdok requires use of F9 and F12 for a couple of their cameras by default. Maybe something to look into before release?

Curt

Am I to assume that US customers are not included in this promotion? (If we are, it would save me a bundle).

Yeah. It is almost 50 bucks for boxed version huh.gif . It's kinda high for Basic. I hope they will charge us with no stupid tax cool.gif

Good catch. These things are very important even for newbies. Colors on FMA shows if the mode are armed or active. What does yellow color indicate? Hmm. And radio altimeter...it is not Baro, how does it read altitude on the ground? I just wonder how Rad Alts accurate at the decision height...Looks to me those things needs be worked out. rolleyes.gif

My Airbus X Preview IV Video can be seen here on YouTube:

Enjoy!

Chris

Hey all, hey cbd80!

First I want to thank you for showing us this video. I was very happy beeing able tolisten to the engine start inside the cockpit and from external view. I have a question regarding that topic: Is the sound also in beta stage? Cause I think during the engine start from within the cockpit the engine spools up way to much (just soundwise). You can hear that at 0:57. This is confirmed by switching to the external view. It allmost sounds like the engine is at TOGA for a short moment at 1:28 ;-)

Another thing that I recognized is at 0:54. You can hear the abrupt change of sound which seems to be caused by playing the first sound file and thereafter playing the other soundfile. BUT at 01:00 - 1:06 there is a good example on how it should be done. A relatively smooth transition - the engine start-up-sound becomes the normal engine sound during ground idle.

Is there any chance this will be corrected till release?

Best regards

Mat