Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

I'm truly astonished at the amount of detail you have crammed into this aircraft, how quickly you have completed it and how you have managed to at least equal the frame rates of the default FSX Airbus. Very well done to all involved, I will for certain be purchasing this aircraft and the advanced version/upgrade if you decide to do it, but it hardly seems like we need it! the systems seem to be quite in depth anyway and that's saying something coming from me because I love my advanced airliners.

Andy, I totally agree with you. When I started testing the Airbus X I was dubious if I'd like it, as I do prefer advance aircraft these days. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It caters for the beginner, but doesn't deny the cold and dark start up or programming a flight plan & SIDS/STARS manually into the MCDU that I feel are more immersive features.

I do appreciate the argument of online simmers and those that like the bells and whistles of the PMDG. But, personally for me I can fly the Airbus X in the same manner as any PMDG aircraft.

I strongly feel there is a lot advanced simmers can get from this aircraft too :)

Chris

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it looks great. Looking forward to fly it. It *will* be able to land at Cuzco, right?

Will the AES config file already be included in the installer BTW*?

* in case this is already answered in Matthijs' feature list on page 1, sorry, that site is blocked by the "lovely" Chinese government so I can't download it.

• Upvote 1

guys, i'm a little confused about SIDs and STARs now. I know that the FMC hasn't any functions from which you can select a SID or a STAR so that it'll be added automaticly, so you always say that i have to enter it by myself in the flightplan, but there is one big problem with that: at least the PMDGs don't know waypoints like CF005 (for example), so what shell i do with such waypoints, which are always there when i enter a STAR in the MD11, or the 744?

A render. So not in FSX but it does show the model in full glory.

After seeing this absolutely photorealistic graphic I will never ever for the rest of my life trust any images I see on television, the internet or newspapers anymore. :o

From now on I will be a completely distrustful person -thanks for ruining my life... ;):P

After seeing this absolutely photorealistic graphic I will never ever for the rest of my life trust any images I see on television, the internet or newspapers anymore. :o

From now on I will be a completely distrustful person -thanks for ruining my life... ;):P

Never trust a photo you didn't fake yourself

Congratulations, that looks very nice. Allen also contrary to critics. Yes, it is not a hardcore simmer product. But who like me only in the evening time, the want to have fun and look forward to a hot look. I have also my pleasure to Captain Sim products, and these also have very little depth system but look simply great. This bus is sure a lot of fun especially since last time an Airbus looks like a Airbus. Aerosoft Thanks, Good Job Mathijis, keep it up!

Download release is expected in August. Boxed releases depending om language starting from end of September, into October (but that's a guess, not a promise)

Iiiaks! I have buyed this version by Aerosoft: http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11176&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flugsimulation

Is this one a download version or (hopefully not) boxed version ? :blink:

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs.

Which VA's have a 'contract' with Aerosoft? Hopefully mine does!

Just talk to your VA directors, they will know. We got lower costs versions of FSMap, FSFlightKeeper and soon the Airbus and some other products.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

But which VA on IVAO or Vatsim does accept a plane without advanced flight planning? (sids/stars etcetc). Sids and stars are really needed at IVAO or Vatsim. The plane just looks great, well done Aerosoft! :)

Nonsense. Almost all (if not all) VA's will accept aircraft that do not have the latest glass systems.

There are still thousands of aircraft from a generation ago that do not have the option to load and use SIDs and STARs and they all fly on VATSIM and IVAO. We see many people using our A300 online and for sure it does know how to handle SIDs and STARS automatically. I fly MD80's most of the time, same story. And of course you can fly SID's and STARs, just type them in and you can use them. The only thing we do not have implemented at this moment is the option to load them as a sequence of waypoints, that's all

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Well that doesn't really happen, in the worst case the ATC will vector you, and in normal cases you can reprogramm it...

Or.... you just look at the charts and fly it. These guys can fly you know.

Somehow people seem to think the Airbus is never flown by the pilots. But really that is not the case. While doing this project I spend many flights in the observer seat and in at least 50% of flights a part of the route was flown manually and not following the flight plan. Just listen to ATC of your local airport and you will learn this. Every time you hear 'cleared short', direct to' etc it is a very good indication the aircraft is not following the flight plan.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi Simon,

I'm no expert myself on sounds; but the sound files appear to be the standard setup with a .cfg. I've swapped them out myself during testing, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem. Though from what Finn's told me some of the sound characteristics are related to the .air file and this isn't easy to change.

As far as I'm aware the throttle .dll is independant of the sounds. It just controls the throttles and the interface to your throttle quadrant.

Cheers,

Chris

We use a 'standard' set of sound for the external and internal sounds. As that is not good enough these days we got a special module that can play sounds based on simvars. But all these configuration files are in XML and the sounds in default WAV. As with the rest of this project it's easy to tweak and change it. In fact we hope people will do so and share the results (without violating our copyrights of course).

• Upvote 1

Never trust a photo you didn't fake yourself

It isn't mentioned but the screenshot with the reflections on the wing looks like a custom render to me also.

This doesn't take away from the overall astonishment i'm currently in. The overview shot of the panels is really breathtaken. You all did a great job with this project and that in such a relatively short time frame. Up to rivet level, visually everything seem to be in place :D Great job!!

Gerrit

• Aerosoft

I'm sure Mathijs or Finn will respond to you, but I can expand a little further. No sounds are contained with in the .air file, but it will dictate the response from the sound file i.e. on engine startup. So you can change the sound file, but you can't change the underlying characteristics of how the sound file is used. I think this is the same for any addon aircraft.

I post again incase I've confused you by mentioning the .air file. The sound set is based on a professional production for the A320 series and does include a full sound set, with individual files for the different sounds. The sound.cfg is as any other and you can swap it or alter it.

Hopefully Mathijs or Finn can give you a more detailed answer.

Chris

100% correct Chris, all sound files and the sound control files are in standard and easy to understand format. Tweakers heaven...

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it looks great. Looking forward to fly it. It *will* be able to land at Cuzco, right?

Will the AES config file already be included in the installer BTW*?

* in case this is already answered in Matthijs' feature list on page 1, sorry, that site is blocked by the "lovely" Chinese government so I can't download it.

Yes it will land in Cuzco, but due to the high altitude the speed has to be high and I kept my hands on the throttle all the time. And yes AES config files are included.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Iiiaks! I have buyed this version by Aerosoft: http://www.shop.aero...=Flugsimulation

Is this one a download version or (hopefully not) boxed version ? :blink:

That's the pre-order for the boxed version. If you want to cancel that order just drop a mail to info@aerosoft.com!

• Upvote 1

Nonsense. Almost all (if not all) VA's will accept aircraft that do not have the latest glass systems.

There are still thousands of aircraft from a generation ago that do not have the option to load and use SIDs and STARs and they all fly on VATSIM and IVAO. We see many people using our A300 online and for sure it does know how to handle SIDs and STARS automatically. I fly MD80's most of the time, same story. And of course you can fly SID's and STARs, just type them in and you can use them. The only thing we do not have implemented at this moment is the option to load them as a sequence of waypoints, that's all

Agree - I currently fly the A300 in my signature for my VA and have no issues at all.

• Upvote 1

well now got some new info from Mike.

If you mean the rain effects from the landing lights, that

data is already available in the SDK as a simvar to base things on.

The effect itself is modeled.

Look in the simulation variables part of the SDK documentation...

AMBIENT PRECIP STATE =

2 = None

4 = Rain

8 = Snow

so it should be posible to get rain effect to, thats looks good.

Or.... you just look at the charts and fly it. These guys can fly you know.

Somehow people seem to think the Airbus is never flown by the pilots. But really that is not the case. While doing this project I spend many flights in the observer seat and in at least 50% of flights a part of the route was flown manually and not following the flight plan. Just listen to ATC of your local airport and you will learn this. Every time you hear 'cleared short', direct to' etc it is a very good indication the aircraft is not following the flight plan.

Vraiment? , Is that Air Berlin SOP Mathijs? I do/did a lot of system test flight with AF on the jump seat and company routes were always "de rigueur". Surprised to hear you have seen so much manual handling on the 320. But I do get your point relating to Sim.

Regards

D

• Aerosoft

Vraiment? , Is that Air Berlin SOP Mathijs? I do/did a lot of system test flight with AF on the jump seat and company routes were always "de rigueur". Surprised to hear you have seen so much manual handling on the 320. But I do get your point relating to Sim.

Regards

D

Okay, my use of 'manual' was confusing. I was trying to say the aircraft does not follow the programmed path. Company routes and published procedures are one thing but when ATC wants you somewhere that's not important anymore.

Take for instance this occasion. A320 approach to Schiphol, RIVER approach to ILS 18r. Just before EH06 ATC asked if we could turn left and intercept the runway at 4NM or less. They had a lot of traffic coming and tried to get us in faster. Now this is not a standard approach and though it would probably be possible to program it (probably would take longer then the remainder of the flight, lol), the captain just said 'I got control' and flew the aircraft to the ILS. In fact he intercepted (very close to getting a bank angle caution) and followed the ILS down to the runway manually. He landed left of the centerline and the co-pilot landed right of the center line.

Now strangely enough I see more of this kind of flying in the real world then in online FS flying. Perhaps it is because the pilots are not experienced enough and flying a 2 person plane on their own or it is because FS pilots think that's how it should be done (I understand that btw). But all pilots can fly and they all love to fly an airliner manually to the runway.

• Upvote 2