Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

I programmed my STAR (manually inserting the 5 points)

You programmed the STAR before the flight or it's possible to do it during the flight?

Sids and stars are really

If you have a VOR and a DME, you have a SID and a STAR.

You can also program SID and STAR before departure when you know the winds.

well sorry Mathijs Kok that i cant get closer to lighting up clouds and you have been confirmed by Mike behind Albatros‏. Just some of his awenser here:

It's not really possible to have them light up clouds as you pass through them just because FSX doesn't give

enough detailed information on cloud position to do so in code. Even if that data was available to build on the effect would look quite

strange since it would light the ground at the same time when you passed through them.

Just me not listening :-) just wanted to try my idear and failed :-( And about the rain effect, that seems to be hand coded i think, as i have been abel to se the animation, becaus is there anyway to give an animation parapeters in gmax /max ? as it looks like becaus it is only on during rain and turns of again like it should but is an animation.

You programmed the STAR before the flight or it's possible to do it during the flight?

You can program the STAR (manually entering the waypoints not the STAR by name) before or during the flight. Also, you can manually program the SID, of course while on the ground, no sense in doing that while flying the depature.. blink.gif

Bob

My Airbus X Preview IV Video can be seen here on YouTube:

Enjoy!

Chris

What an amazing video Chris!! I really cannot believe my eyes, so very, very good looking!!

Thanks for sharing!

William

• Upvote 2

I programmed the STAR during the flight after getting the ATIS and the active runway on IVAO ;)

It is possible, but what if ATC asks you to change your STAR at the last possible moment? There are STARS with five, six or even ten waypoints.

Well that doesn't really happen, in the worst case the ATC will vector you, and in normal cases you can reprogramm it...

Our idea was to make all the systems that need little human interaction very detailed, realistic. The systems that need a lot of human interactions, the most complex systems, are modified to a degree that they do what would happen 90% of the flights. In the other 10% we think you got to actually do some work. Most bus drivers will fly a holding manually if it is not pre-programmed while many simmers think they will get out manuals and start to program the computers to do it.

So in that aspect it is both realistic and simple.

So are you saying that the FMC is not capable of automatically flying a holding pattern? And is it true that you cannot choose the STAR / SID by name, but have to program each waypoint manually?

• Upvote 1

My Airbus X Preview IV Video can be seen here on YouTube:

Enjoy!

Chris

Hey Chris,

Nice video btw...one question; the one and ONLY thing I am good at in FSX is sounds. lol. Well and spending money on the damn thing of course! I have made an airbus sound set I would like to use in the bus; I know Aerosoft have added a .dll thrust deal. Does this have any impact on addon-sound sets? Are we still able to insert a different sound .cfg and add sounds like any other plane or does the new thrust .dll have implications as it relates to the way existing sound sets are done ie thrust etc?

Cheers for any help...and thanks for the video. Enjoy your flights!!

So are you saying that the FMC is not capable of automatically flying a holding pattern? And is it true that you cannot choose the STAR / SID by name, but have to program each waypoint manually?

I'm not sure about the first part, but the second part is true. You must manually set the waypoints within that SID/STAR. You seem like an able fellow, that shouldn't be a problem for you!

Hey Chris,

Nice video btw...one question; the one and ONLY thing I am good at in FSX is sounds. lol. Well and spending money on the damn thing of course! I have made an airbus sound set I would like to use in the bus; I know Aerosoft have added a .dll thrust deal. Does this have any impact on addon-sound sets? Are we still able to insert a different sound .cfg and add sounds like any other plane or does the new thrust .dll have implications as it relates to the way existing sound sets are done ie thrust etc?

Cheers for any help...and thanks for the video. Enjoy your flights!!

Hi Simon,

I'm no expert myself on sounds; but the sound files appear to be the standard setup with a .cfg. I've swapped them out myself during testing, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem. Though from what Finn's told me some of the sound characteristics are related to the .air file and this isn't easy to change.

As far as I'm aware the throttle .dll is independant of the sounds. It just controls the throttles and the interface to your throttle quadrant.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Simon,

I'm no expert myself on sounds; but the sound files appear to be the standard setup with a .cfg. I've swapped them out myself during testing, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem. Though from what Finn's told me some of the sound characteristics are related to the .air file and this isn't easy to change.

As far as I'm aware the throttle .dll is independant of the sounds. It just controls the throttles and the interface to your throttle quadrant.

Cheers,

Chris

Cheers Chris. Hopefully it will be ok then:) Thanks again for the video.

Mathijis/Finn; as above I do my own custom sounds and I really enjoying do so:) Chris mentioned above some sounds are attached or controlled by the .air file possibly? Which ones? Can I modify or add my own sound.cfg file or will there by issues with the .air file and sounds? Or is it not a big deal and you can swap out whole sound .cfg and files etc; realizing that I would loose some of the sounds you guys put in temporaly until \i cross those over. Does the sound system mimic other FSX aircraft. ie; start-up, idle, thrust sounds etc being attahced to an alterable sound.cfg file? Engine sounds and pitch are key to me and I like to get it running the way I like it.

Sorry to pester; sounds are my thing and have been working on it for a while:)

Cheers and good work again.

The FMC is pretty good and has some flexibility, but it is aimed at the 'newer' simmer. So, thing like holding patterns and SID/STARS aren't included as they aren't really entry level topics. Also, default FSX does nothing with them; the only way is with software like VoxATC or IVAO etc.

Personally, I think if you're wanting to test your abilities at a holding pattern, do it the old fashioned way and calculate the timings. That would test your skills if that is what you're after.

SID/STARS can be added manually thanks to the Navigraph database, or you can include them as part of your flight plan if you use FS Commander or other alternatives.

I hope you don't find these exclusions deterrants as the product has much to offer; and for the more seasoned pilot tests his abilities to find work arounds by getting back to basics.

Chris

Cheers Chris. Hopefully it will be ok then:) Thanks again for the video.

Mathijis/Finn; as above I do my own custom sounds and I really enjoying do so:) Chris mentioned above some sounds are attached or controlled by the .air file possibly? Which ones? Can I modify or add my own sound.cfg file or will there by issues with the .air file and sounds? Or is it not a big deal and you can swap out whole sound .cfg and files etc; realizing that I would loose some of the sounds you guys put in temporaly until \i cross those over. Does the sound system mimic other FSX aircraft. ie; start-up, idle, thrust sounds etc being attahced to an alterable sound.cfg file? Engine sounds and pitch are key to me and I like to get it running the way I like it.

Sorry to pester; sounds are my thing and have been working on it for a while:)

Cheers and good work again.

I'm sure Mathijs or Finn will respond to you, but I can expand a little further. No sounds are contained with in the .air file, but it will dictate the response from the sound file i.e. on engine startup. So you can change the sound file, but you can't change the underlying characteristics of how the sound file is used. I think this is the same for any addon aircraft.

I post again incase I've confused you by mentioning the .air file. The sound set is based on a professional production for the A320 series and does include a full sound set, with individual files for the different sounds. The sound.cfg is as any other and you can swap it or alter it.

Hopefully Mathijs or Finn can give you a more detailed answer.

Chris

The FMC is pretty good and has some flexibility, but it is aimed at the 'newer' simmer. So, thing like holding patterns and SID/STARS aren't included as they aren't really entry level topics. Also, default FSX does nothing with them; the only way is with software like VoxATC or IVAO etc.

Personally, I think if you're wanting to test your abilities at a holding pattern, do it the old fashioned way and calculate the timings. That would test your skills if that is what you're after.

SID/STARS can be added manually thanks to the Navigraph database, or you can include them as part of your flight plan if you use FS Commander or other alternatives.

I hope you don't find these exclusions deterrants as the product has much to offer; and for the more seasoned pilot tests his abilities to find work arounds by getting back to basics.

Chris

I'm not so much after testing my abilities, not that I'm looking for the easiest route, but the main thing that makes flying sims interesting for me is that the sim is as close as possible to reality. Thats why I dropped default FSX ATC and switched to VATSIM instead. When you fly online with only one person in the cockpit handling aviation, navigation and communication it can be quite stressful to manually program the new STAR I was just assigned to. Or to fly that holding pattern manually. I'm very much interested in a high fidelity Airbus simulation tho, so I'll keep an eye on this one and see how it pans out.

I'm sure Mathijs or Finn will respond to you, but I can expand a little further. No sounds are contained with in the .air file, but it will dictate the response from the sound file i.e. on engine startup. So you can change the sound file, but you can't change the underlying characteristics of how the sound file is used. I think this is the same for any addon aircraft.

I post again incase I've confused you by mentioning the .air file. The sound set is based on a professional production for the A320 series and does include a full sound set, with individual files for the different sounds. The sound.cfg is as any other and you can swap it or alter it.

Hopefully Mathijs or Finn can give you a more detailed answer.

Chris

Hey Chris, Mathijis\Finn,

I'm with you re .air file dictating how the bus will use the .wav files. Makes sense. So I assume the sound .cfg file is editable like other addon ac's sound.cfg's from what you said. As long as the .air file follows some sort of standard for engine thrust parameters etc I feel it should be fine to use alternate sound.cfg files if we wish? I'm no expert on sounds, but enjoy working through them nevertheless. I'm sure the sound set is good; but just want to be sure it can be swtiched out with other sound sets with minimal complications; ie no TCAS or window opening sounds for a while or not a problem. I will use those btw; if I can, as I know a lot of work went in to it and they do sound good.rolleyes.gif

Simon

I'm not so much after testing my abilities, not that I'm looking for the easiest route, but the main thing that makes flying sims interesting for me is that the sim is as close as possible to reality. Thats why I dropped default FSX ATC and switched to VATSIM instead. When you fly online with only one person in the cockpit handling aviation, navigation and communication it can be quite stressful to manually program the new STAR I was just assigned to. Or to fly that holding pattern manually. I'm very much interested in a high fidelity Airbus simulation tho, so I'll keep an eye on this one and see how it pans out.

I've never flown online, but I can appreciate what you say about workload (that's what's put me off online, but getting more tempted to try it). In the online world Airbus X may not be the best aircraft to be at the helm of; but one of the best in the sim environment.

Chris

Hey Chris, Mathijis\Finn,

I'm with you re .air file dictating how the bus will use the .wav files. Makes sense. So I assume the sound .cfg file is editable like other addon ac's sound.cfg's from what you said. As long as the .air file follows some sort of standard for engine thrust parameters etc I feel it should be fine to use alternate sound.cfg files if we wish? I'm no expert on sounds, but enjoy working through them nevertheless. I'm sure the sound set is good; but just want to be sure it can be swtiched out with other sound sets with minimal complications; ie no TCAS or window opening sounds for a while or not a problem. I will use those btw; if I can, as I know a lot of work went in to it and they do sound good.rolleyes.gif

Simon

Well...the simple answer has to be back up the originals when you get them and try your files and see what you think smile.gif

Chris

Well having read all the threads and seen the latest video, I have to say it reminds me of that old Tina Turner song. "Simply The Best". Well done to all the team involved on this aircraft. You guys may not realise it, but you have just set the bar for entry level addon quality and I think it will be a very long time before it is raised again. If this doesn't get an Avsim Gold Star, I will be astounded.

• Upvote 4

Well having read all the threads and seen the latest video, I have to say it reminds me of that old Tina Turner song. "Simply The Best". Well done to all the team involved on this aircraft. You guys may not realise it, but you have just set the bar for entry level addon quality and I think it will be a very long time before it is raised again. If this doesn't get an Avsim Gold Star, I will be astounded.

Couldn't agree more

• Upvote 3