Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Directly intended for the user who finds the default aircraft too simplistic but who is not ready for the high cost and steep learning curve of the most complex aircraft add-ons. Ideally suited for virtual airline users, online flying and people who want a realistic experience without having to spend many hours preparing for a flight. While a few the most complex systems are simplified, the modeling, sound, animations etc are of the highest quality. The virtual cockpit is without a doubt one of the most detailed done to date.

Download release is expected in August. Boxed releases depending om language starting from end of September, into October (but that's a guess, not a promise)

aerosoft_airbus_34.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_37.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_39.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_41.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_44.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_52.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_57.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_58.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_63.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_75.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_74.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_001.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_006.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_002.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_008.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_012.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_014.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_013.jpg

aerosoft_airbusx_015.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Feature list

Now if it is NOT in this list you can be 99% sure it will not be in there. So no need to ask if this and this VNAV mode is included or if the wings will flex (lol). This is a project aimed at the large group of people that are just not able to find the time to learn the complex high end add-ons. This project is also moderately priced and we kindly ask customers to keep that in mind.

Preliminary and incomplete!

Directly intended for the user who finds the default aircraft too simplistic but who is not ready for the high cost and steep learning curve of the most complex aircraft add-ons. Ideally suited for virtual airline users , online flying and people who want a realistic experience without having to spend many hours preparing for a flight.

While a few the most complex systems are simplified, the modeling, sound, animations etc are of the highest quality. The virtual cockpit is without a doubt one of the most detailed done to date.

• Manuals/Documentation: Normal Checklist, PF/PNF Procedure guide, Systems Manual, Normal Procedures Manual. Over 120 pages (available in formats for smartphones and iPad)
  • Load and take-off module: Easy to use module (connects to FSX) to set amount of passengers, cargo and fuel and to calculate take-off settings.
  • Virtual Airlines: There will be a reduced price option for VA pilots of VA's that have a contract with Aerosoft (contact support@aerosoft.com for that).
  • Extensive animations: sunshades, standby compass, APU door, pullout tables, observer seat, windows, windshield wipers (individual on both sides, two speed), passenger and cargo doors, landing lights, wind milling engines (depending on wind direction and strength), Ground Power Unit (will power the aircraft), traffic cones, chocks (will act as parking brakes), Custom coded Spoiler/speed brake animation. All animations come with sound effects. Of course all the standard things like gears and flight control surfaces are animated.

Click here for the completed (updated August 20) complete list in pdf format.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

About the manuals...

Not only are they written with great care so users with less experience but we also try to make them usable on other platforms. We feel this is very important. If you ever used a check list on an iPad you know what I mean. Nothing beats having it in your hand without having to use that white floppy paper stuff. So we provide them in three formats, standard A4 for printing and PC, reduced format for iPad and even in a format that most smart phones can handle. Here are some samples.

iPadiPhone.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Some more images that were posted over the last weeks and did not fit well with the previous topics.

Two images that show the full cockpit.

aerosoft_airbus_87.jpg

aerosoft_airbus_90.jpg

Two images showing the lighting system. First the landings lights, second the nose wheel light in take-off setting (note they are NOT standard FSX lights and actually light up objects)

LandingLights.jpg

NoseTakeoff.jpg

Framerate comparison, first image default FSX airbus (37 fps average), second our bus (average (41 fps)

def_vc_37fps.jpg

our_vc_41fps.jpg

Just a nice screen shot showing details and reflections.

A320_02.jpg

A render. So not in FSX but it does show the model in full glory.

A320_03.jpg

Two images that show how we measure aircraft to make sure our models are accurate. As we sell this model professionally this is very important.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Upvote 3

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive my eyes!!!blink.gif

I've never seen such a beautiful aircraft in FSX or any other Flight Simulator!!!!!

I was in a Full Flight Simulator (it was an A320) in Munich and there is nerly no difference to this beuty of an airplane.

Hope it will be available soon.

Just want itwink.gif

Best regards

Julian

• Upvote 2

it seems as we're really close to release, so let me say, no let me promise, that i'll buy the aircraft on the day it gets released-_-!

i got some feelings which say that this airbus will become a legend in flightsimulation like the PMDG 737 NG, or their 747.

in every case i hope that the aircraft will give me at least 100 flighthours without even thinking about flying something else:lol:, like the MD11...

at least the screenshots promise that. if the systems are similar to what i expect from this product then this IS the best aerosoft add-on and one of the BEST add-ons ever created for flightsimulator:excl:!

so, aerosoft a very big thank you for developing such GREAT products!!!

a question to you Mathijs:

could you please post a photo of the main panel of the real aircraft and one with the same view in your airbus, so that we can compare those images, so that we can see ourselfes how good your Airbus X really is?

thank you and regards

Emi

• Upvote 3

Ein Airbus der Sonderklasse . Hut ab . Der IST Gekauft . Ich warte Nicht AUF DIE Box . Der Kommt so Gleich. Vielen Dank an ganzen Herren und Damen ? Haben tolle Arbeit geleistet . Mit freundlichen Gruessen . Mike

• Upvote 2

Mathjis and Aerosoft team, I'd just like to say thanks for all the hard work. I've been following the forum almost since day 1 and I've seen the ups and downs of the development here. It's truly an amazing aircraft and will be a milestone for other developers to reach for. Hopefully all goes well within the next couple of weeks and we can get a nice smooth release from you. It'll be a pleasure to fly and I can't wait!

• Upvote 3

One more time, just to clarify, Will it (in any way) be possible to use the plane, not with gauges etc, but as a model with moving control surfaces in fs9?

AT ALL, if any of you know this, please just say.

• Aerosoft

Ein Airbus der Sonderklasse . Hut ab . Der IST Gekauft . Ich warte Nicht AUF DIE Box . Der Kommt so Gleich. Vielen Dank an ganzen Herren und Damen ? Haben tolle Arbeit geleistet . Mit freundlichen Gruessen . Mike

No ladies involved I am afraid, only sweaty middle-aged men I am afraid.

• Upvote 2

OUTSTANDING work from Aerosoft.

Regards

D

May I also add, this is no Basic add-on, some of these systems are already of advanced type. Some fantastic job there Mathijs.

• Aerosoft

One more time, just to clarify, Will it (in any way) be possible to use the plane, not with gauges etc, but as a model with moving control surfaces in fs9?

AT ALL, if any of you know this, please just say.

No. We would have to delete at least half the polygons to make it work. Now I know there is some progress on this front, but then we get stuck on the single CPU of FS2004 and that simply would make it too slow. FSX needs multiple cores.

• Upvote 1

hey, kannst du vielleicht nächstes mal in englisch schreiben, bitte? ansonsten gilt das gleiche auch für mich;)

translation: hey, could you please write in english next time? but for me it's the same ;)

Mathijs, i have another question: when i move the flaps selector, are the sounds (which you can here when you unlook the selector) simulated?

Same for the speedbrakes (even if i'm not sure if there is a sound in reallaty), the landing gear lever, the sunshields (if you move them)...?

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

a question to you Mathijs:

could you please post a photo of the main panel of the real aircraft and one with the same view in your airbus, so that we can compare those images, so that we can see ourselfes how good your Airbus X really is?

I will try to do something like that, but the problem is that a camera is a camera and your eyes are not camera's. We do not aim for photo realism but for eye realism. If you want to see the difference, get in your car and look outside while you keep one of the window pillars in view. Now close one eye and then the other. Note how pillar does not seem to be around as your brains uses the two viewpoints to look around the pillar. It's all very subtle but important. what we find important is that the sightlines are okay.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

hey, kannst du vielleicht nächstes mal in englisch schreiben, bitte? ansonsten gilt das gleiche auch für mich;)

translation: hey, could you please write in english next time? but for me it's the same ;)

Mathijs, i have another question: when i move the flaps selector, are the sounds (which you can here when you unlook the selector) simulated?

Same for the speedbrakes (even if i'm not sure if there is a sound in reallaty), the landing gear lever, the sunshields (if you move them)...?

regards

Emi

Apart from the sunscreens (they did not make any sound we could record), yes. All the sound of the levers and switches were recorded one rainy evening on an Air Berlin aircraft. Very funny, our guys were left alone in the aircraft for a long time. fully fuelled up. And they knew how to start it. Ohhh the temptation....

• Upvote 7

speaking of cockpit door video, I have seen some busses, that can display a cam on like the tail of the plane, overviewing it from the top of the rudder, dunno if it's only on the bigger buses or also on the A320, could that be implemented with some VC view? just a suggestion no biggy

EDIT: See this is what I mean

2yuhtzq.jpg

speaking of cockpit door video, I have seen some busses, that can display a cam on like the tail of the plane, overviewing it from the top of the rudder, dunno if it's only on the bigger buses or also on the A320, could that be implemented with some VC view? just a suggestion no biggy

you can include that, if you open another window and put it above the lower display, but that's the only possibility how you can do that. as a normal airbus x function, it is NOT included...

i know that because someone has asked a few month ago...

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

OUTSTANDING work from Aerosoft.

Regards

D

May I also add, this is no Basic add-on, some of these systems are already of advanced type. Some fantastic job there Mathijs.

Well yes it IS a basic addon. That's because the way the Airbus works.

Most of the systems are fully automatic. You can play with them but if you leave them alone they will just work. So there is no need to think about them. Just consider the throttle...

• Take-off -> move them to TO detent
  • Climb -> move them top CL detent
  • Cruise-> keep it in CL, who cares? And yes that IS how it is done.
  • Enroute climb, descend -> keep it in CL detent
  • Descent-> CL... boring.
  • Final-> Finally you can put your hand on the throttle and control them!

Our idea was to make all the systems that need little human interaction very detailed, realistic. The systems that need a lot of human interactions, the most complex systems, are modified to a degree that they do what would happen 90% of the flights. In the other 10% we think you got to actually do some work. Most bus drivers will fly a holding manually if it is not pre-programmed while many simmers think they will get out manuals and start to program the computers to do it.

So in that aspect it is both realistic and simple.

• Upvote 3

I'm truly astonished at the amount of detail you have crammed into this aircraft, how quickly you have completed it and how you have managed to at least equal the frame rates of the default FSX Airbus. Very well done to all involved, I will for certain be purchasing this aircraft and the advanced version/upgrade if you decide to do it, but it hardly seems like we need it! the systems seem to be quite in depth anyway and that's saying something coming from me because I love my advanced airliners.

• Upvote 1

Well yes it IS a basic addon. That's because the way the Airbus works.

Most of the systems are fully automatic. You can play with them but if you leave them alone they will just work. So there is no need to think about them. Just consider the throttle...

• Take-off -> move them to TO detent
  • Climb -> move them top CL detent
  • Cruise-> keep it in CL, who cares? And yes that IS how it is done.
  • Enroute climb, descend -> keep it in CL detent
  • Descent-> CL... boring.
  • Final-> Finally you can put your hand on the throttle and control them!

Our idea was to make all the systems that need little human interaction very detailed, realistic. The systems that need a lot of human interactions, the most complex systems, are modified to a degree that they do what would happen 90% of the flights. In the other 10% we think you got to actually do some work. Most bus drivers will fly a holding manually if it is not pre-programmed while many simmers think they will get out manuals and start to program the computers to do it.

So in that aspect it is both realistic and simple.

Well the above sounds good to me; at least I can now see my 200.00 usd in photo scenery with the time I will be saving by leaving it to systems to do it for me!! I like!

Feature list

• Virtual Airlines: There will be a reduced price option for VA pilots of VA's that have a contract with Aerosoft (contact support@aerosoft.com for that).

Hi Mathijs.

Which VA's have a 'contract' with Aerosoft? Hopefully mine does!

I can confirm all Mathijs just said, I just flew from Zurich to Nice in the latest beta and once in the air there is not much to manage in an airbus, but everything is working as announced, the new throttle module is awesome and works flawlessly.

Only a couple of small issued need to be adressed, but what a great plane.

I was astonished of the performance I got when I landed in Nice X !

I did this by night with lights out in my room and I felt like I was in the real thing.

I programmed my STAR (manually inserting the 5 points) but the controller proposed a direct approach to ILS 04L which I accepted.

Passengers where happy to be 30 min early on SWR564 ;)

And a couple shots :

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Hi res, no edits here :

http://www.geneva-racing.ch/images2/fsx/a321_lfmn/3.bmp

http://www.geneva-racing.ch/images2/fsx/a321_lfmn/1.bmp

http://www.geneva-racing.ch/images2/fsx/a321_lfmn/4.bmp

http://www.geneva-racing.ch/images2/fsx/a321_lfmn/2.bmp

Cheers,

• Upvote 2

But which VA on IVAO or Vatsim does accept a plane without advanced flight planning? (sids/stars etcetc). Sids and stars are really needed at IVAO or Vatsim. The plane just looks great, well done Aerosoft! :)

• Upvote 1