Microsoft Making A New Flight Simulator

Kwiss

This is the 3rd thread regarding the same topic. M$ only has released a nice render movie. I REALLY don't think they will release another sim as we now / want it. I think M$ will release a product, which is for the big market, without any system depth. Jump in and fly above a lot of eye candy "caribbean island" stuff with new arcade missions.

I don't expect a product with FMS and realistic flight dynamics...

The next years will show us the things.

• Upvote 3

This is the 3rd thread regarding the same topic. M$ only has released a nice render movie. I REALLY don't think they will release another sim as we now / want it. I think M$ will release a product, which is for the big market, without any system depth. Jump in and fly above a lot of eye candy "caribbean island" stuff with new arcade missions.

Too early to speculate anything although there are some add-on companies who are in developments talks with MS so maybe it isn't as far removed as some may think  :rolleyes:

Too early to speculate anything although there are some add-on companies who are in developments talks with MS so maybe it isn't as far removed as some may think   :rolleyes:

Also its fun to speculate, and why not?

development talks? It's been under continuous development for 28 years. It never actually "stopped" at any point. You think Lockheed Martin has DX10 issues with runway textures???

:) Woo hoo!

development talks? It's been under continuous development for 28 years.  It never actually "stopped" at any point.  You think Lockheed Martin has DX10 issues with runway textures???

:)  Woo hoo!

No I mean I know that some Addon developers are in talks with microsoft with the view of supporting the the platform which could suggest it isn't a closed book in what some people may think the new sim will be, my guess is that it will be for both arcade users and hardcore sim users, just because there is no 'simulation' in the title doesn't mean that it is not a simulator, MS marketing is cleverer then to shun 30 years of development in the franchise  :rolleyes:

Flight Sim Arcade!

If you don't realize that Windows Live or Xbox Live has nothing to do with gameplay then you've probably never played any other game except FS. No using the Windows Live multiplayer kit does not turn a simulator into an Arcade game, I can assure you of that. You guys really need to get out more and maybe try the 95% of the other games that already work off Live.

If that video was shot "in-game" I'd say that MS is going in the right direction.

But:

I'm almost sure that they could not have done something like this in such a short amount of time (Assuming that they started devolopement after hiring a new personnel recently). Seems as if this is just a nice marketing stunt to draw some attention.

I was really surprised when I heard this because a while back I read something about Microsoft closing the studio who made numerous Flight Simulators back then my hope on a new Flight Simulator was totally gone. so I guess they have been working on a new one on the background.