Looks Like Microsofts New Sim Is On The Way

cmpbllsjc

"Do I make senses or do you think I'm that far off my rockers......Posted Image"

Of course you are.

The Throne is empty since FSX was the last and final so it is up for grasp. If Aerosoft hits the mother load, all the right stuff, with the new simulator FSX will be dumped faster than a blink of an eye. Add-on's mean nothing when new and better is right in front of you. I once dumped MSFS for twelve years and guess what I can still do it again for a better one.

Full ahead Aerosoft!!!

Cheers,

MAB

Sitting in your seat I can understand your position but sitting in Aerosoft's seat I'm not sure it's a good thing $$$ wise. ..I'm just like you and I would like to see a far better sim. than FSX so do not think I'm not for Aerosoft if they want to come out with a new sim....more power to them.... so lets forget about my question on addons compatibility and let me ask this question to Aerosoft.......

Question: Aerosoft or Mathis... since you are thinking about building AFS2013 does that mean you are not on board with MS and Flight?

Easy question right...it's a yes or no answer .......let see what kind of answer we will get to start with...

• Upvote 1

I disagree that it is a yes/ no answer. It very much depends on what MS flight turns out to be: Sim or online arcade game.

I understand but my question is more like "Is Aerosoft on board with MS Flight no matter what it is" .....

so they are on board "yes" or they are not on board with MS "No"......

• Upvote 1

I think we would all like to know that alain. But if they are working with MS then I don't think they are going to be allowed to tell us even if they wanted too.

There you go, see how easy it is to make deduction....remember Mathis comments..... Quote "What I am going to say now is personal. Not Aerosoft comment." end of quote.

Aerosoft will have a winner with AFS2013 > ....only if they use the latest thecnology available (SLI, DX11, 6 core +.....) and if other dev. are allowed to make addons for it cause I don't want to have to buy addons from one supplier only.

• Upvote 1

I understand but my question is more like "Is Aerosoft on board with MS Flight no matter what it is" .....

so they are on board "yes" or they are not on board with MS "No"......

What would be the value for him in answering this question specially if potentially it could be used against Aerosoft later?

and if other dev. are allowed to make addons for it cause I don't want to have to buy addons from one supplier only.

Very few add-on's are good but the majority are not. I wouldn't mind Aerosoft to be the big supplier cause I know they would bring consistency and reliability. We wouldn't have to hear bs like: Customers nowadays demand/expect utmost perfect performance right out the box or download??? Daaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

I would love to see the Freewares buzz of FS-7&8 again cause we all want to forget the stagnation of FSX. Freeware didn't affect the good Paywares only the bad ones (a solid majority I might add) who wedged war against the former.

Enough,

MAB

What would be the value for him in answering this question specially if potentially it could be used against Aerosoft later? Very few add-on's are good but the majority are not. I wouldn't mind Aerosoft to be the big supplier cause I know they would bring consistency and reliability. We wouldn't have to hear bs like: Customers nowadays demand/expect utmost perfect performance right out the box or download??? Daaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! I would love to see the Freewares buzz of FS-7&8 again cause we all want to forget the stagnation of FSX. Freeware didn't affect the good Paywares only the bad ones (a solid majority I might add) who wedged war against the former. Enough, MAB
The presence of multiple simulation products only facilitated addons and the market as a whole, when we had Flight Unlimited, Fly!, FS AND the early X-Plane in the market alongside the more `gaming` products.

Very few add-on's are good but the majority are not. I wouldn't mind Aerosoft to be the big supplier cause I know they would bring consistency and reliability. We wouldn't have to hear bs like: Customers nowadays demand/expect utmost perfect performance right out the box or download??? Daaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Enough,

MAB

Yes Aerosoft does have some very good addons, I have some of them BUT when I asked why they do not make night texture on all of their US X cities their answer was if I remember correctly "Most peoples don't fly at night" that may be true but I am one of them who does fly at night and I would not care to pay twice the price for night texture.

You are right.... Aerosoft can't please everybody and that is why if they allow other dev. to make addons for AFS2013 (assuming AFS2013 wil one day be released) you can turn around go to another dev. and by the city with night texture......if you don't find what you need from Aerosoft.

• Upvote 1

This is just my view but it would make sence for aerosoft to put on hold it's plans to make a sim to see where microsoft are going with this.

I hope Aerosoft don't share your opinion! Two sims are sure to be better than one, variety is always a good thing. I hope Aerosoft continue with their sim as planned, what MS does is irrelevant i think. Im sure we'l all buy both anyway :)

• Upvote 2

Yes Aerosoft does have some very good addons, I have some of them BUT when I asked why they do not make night texture on all of their US X cities their answer was if I remember correctly "Most peoples don't fly at night" that may be true but I am one of them who does fly at night and I would not care to pay twice the price for night texture.

Hello Alain,

You only quoted part of the answer as if it was the full answer!

Hello Alain,

You only quoted part of the answer as if it was the full answer!

Hi! Shaun, with all due respect I said in my post "if I remember correctly"...since I don't remember correctly please feel free to add what ever is missing so you can refresh my memory as to what was your complete answer on the night texture.

Here, I did a little research and found the answer to my post about night texture....so I understand spending $$ versus how much $$ Aerosoft will make and I've never had any problem with that, my only point was ....with more dev. making scenery for AFS2013 > (if they are allow to) you can choose the one who will fit your need better. I have no problem paying for a different and more expensive product.

#8 user_off.pngMathijs Kok (Aerosoft) user_popup.png

• <LI class=avatar>
  • Aerosoft Forum Administrator
    • <LI class=mini_friend_toggle is_not_friend" id=friend_161396_43>
    user_add.png
  • email_open.png

[*]Group: Root Admin[*]Posts: 12,941[*]Joined: 31-December 03[*]Gender:Male[*]Location:France

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (alainneedle1 @ May 20 2009, 18:57 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A big city like San Francisco without night texture??? I got Manhattan from you guys and I love it, very detailed + night texture.

Please consider doing an update for the night texture and you have a winner, I have my plastic in hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would nearly double the download size and raise the price with 50%, for this product line we focus totally on the day time vfr experience. Manhattan is just from a different and more expensive product range. We decided this mainly on customer interviews. When we asked people how often the fly VFR at night there is very little response. For bit iron landing at the nearby airports this probably is too much of a framerate eater with very little benifits.

With regards, Mathijs Kok (on behalf of Aerosoft)

Please note we do not do any support via PM's on the forum.

If you insist on email support (not as fast as on these forums!) use support@aerosoft.com.

Follow us on Twitter!