Okay No A-10 So What Else?

I would like a Lockheed Super Constellation, system depth comparable to the Catalyna or even deeper. I own a copy of the original flight manual, so no big deal for me ;-)

I've been very curious when JF announced the Connie Pro and bought it the day it was released - about a year ago - but big disappointment. I had the luck to spend many hours airborne in the real cockpit and cabin of a Connie and so I'm still looking for a realistic conversion of this beautiful bird.

Personally I'm acquainted with 4 active Connie pilots and 3 flight engineers which could help to proof accurate flight dynamics.

Cheers,

Rolf

PS: On my flight from Budapest to Brussels last Sunday, I made a short trip to Andras Field. Pictures on superconnie.net

69%20Rolf%20Eichenberger.JPG

Its already out by two other companies

Sadly theres two already out there and a third due soon, a fourth is difficult to justify, its certainly not an aircraft we're short of info and enthusiasm for (personally), but for the current proposal and like the B-2, too big, too modern and MFD.

Sorry

Kindest

Michael

Hi Michael...Who's doing the 3rd one? I'd sure like to see one with a nice VC and a FMC....

I'd go for the A4 or a C17 smile.gif

• Upvote 1

I seventh the Alpha Jet

F-100, F-101, P-61 Black Widow, F-111, Mig-29 perhaps?

B200 King Air...Flight1 will probably never get around to it.

If i have to go along with the first post T-38/T-37 with Reese AFB Texas scenery to go with ;)

• Upvote 1

Its already out by two other companies

Yep, I have them all (Abacus, Alphasim, Manfred Jahn, Mike Stone, SCFA, Just Flight, etc.) Under FS9 the Connies from SCFA and Manfred Jahn (with the Sound Package form SCFA) perform well, unfortunately not under FSX. Some bugs can be solved by tweaking the config files but some important ones not. As far as I know the only Connie especially made for FSX is the one made by Aeroplane Heaven, sold by Just Flight which is, politely said, a big disappointment to everyone with real Connie experience.

From the original list my vote goes for the A4.

• Upvote 1

Flylogic's F-5 is an E-model, quite different from an A.

Paints possible are Dutch, Spanish, Canadian, Venezuelan, Greek, Turkish, Norwegian, Iranian, Philipine, South Vietnamese and quite a few others.

Hi Michael...Who's doing the 3rd one? I'd sure like to see one with a nice VC and a FMC....

I'd go for the A4 or a C17 smile.gif

I believe that will be Area51, the C-17 is just too big a project to contemplate at this moment in time, it is one to consider for the future though.

Best

Michael

Hello Folks,

I'm going to step in here real quick before this goes off track now.

The subject is what plane should they do and not the merits of what FSX can and cannot do.

Certainly Shaun, and I sincerely apologize for taking it off topic. I'm just getting a little frustrated with the plethora of combat jets, while many classic military and civil transports remain neglected.

Maybe time to get off my bum and learn how to build them myself. ;)

Certainly Shaun, and I sincerely apologize for taking it off topic. I'm just getting a little frustrated with the plethora of combat jets, while many classic military and civil transports remain neglected.

Maybe time to get off my bum and learn how to build them myself. wink.gif

Paul, one of the sad facts about military and civil transports is their lack of global market appeal, except maybe the C-130, if they were more appealing then more developers would be knocking the door down, the fact that this genre is almost blanket avoided by all developers does indicate that they are not as commercially attractive as combat jets. Aerosoft is a commercial concern so that aspect I'm sure will be factored in their choices I'm afraid.

By all means have a go at building, we all had to start somewhere :).

Kindest

Michael

Paul, one of the sad facts about military and civil transports is their lack of global market appeal, except maybe the C-130, if they were more appealing then more developers would be knocking the door down, the fact that this genre is almost blanket avoided by all developers does indicate that they are not as commercially attractive as combat jets. Aerosoft is a commercial concern so that aspect I'm sure will be factored in their choices I'm afraid.

By all means have a go at building, we all had to start somewhere :).

Kindest

Michael

And yet Aerosofts 'Catalina' sold very well as did the DHC2 Beaver ( at least I assume they did... they certainly sold well with me! ). Is it such a remove to a fully-featured C-46, with the potential of all those South American repaints ? Or a C-119; there's nothing remotely like it available in FSX as far as I know. People seem to enjoy frontier/bush flying, Air Hauler is out there...some classic props would surely be welcome.

I know, I'm repeating myself. I just need to get it off my chest. ;)

And yet Aerosofts 'Catalina' sold very well as did the DHC2 Beaver ( at least I assume they did... they certainly sold well with me! ). Is it such a remove to a fully-featured C-46, with the potential of all those South American repaints ? Or a C-119; there's nothing remotely like it available in FSX as far as I know. People seem to enjoy frontier/bush flying, Air Hauler is out there...some classic props would surely be welcome.

I know, I'm repeating myself. I just need to get it off my chest. wink.gif

Personally speaking, Catalina, yes, Beaver, perhaps no. The Catalina is very popular, most people have heard of the Catalina, theres one or two on the war bird circuit, even stared in movies, its exploits in WWII are well publicized so I don't group the Catalina in with other transports and such.

I can see your point of view, and in some cases agree (C-141, C-135 etc) but historically these types have always lagged behind more popular military war birds, be it prop or jet.

At the moment, none of those types are up for consideration for this particular project, maybe in the future and maybe from other team players, but not right now I'm afraid.

Kindest

Michael

Flylogic's F-5 is an E-model, quite different from an A.

Paints possible are Dutch, Spanish, Canadian, Venezuelan, Greek, Turkish, Norwegian, Iranian, Philipine, South Vietnamese and quite a few others.

Plus, the FSX Flylogic F-5 is an upgraded fs9 model so it's about time a true FSX F-5 would hit the market. As far as I know there hasn't been a payware F-5A/B. I like the Flylogic one, has a nice VC but I know Aerosoft can do an ever better job. As for the A-4, nice jet but not on the top of my list. Personally I see no reason Aerosoft should make one as well when Razbam is already working on one, and owning a couple of their products I'm sure they will do a heck of a job on that one.

I understand Ron is giving the A-4 the full A-7 treatment (the one I'm painting now btw), so rest assured it will be good :-) All volumes, all new models, no rework.

I'd love to see someone do a decent F-15... either a C model or an E-model! There's nothing out there for FSX!

Nothing sexier than a Strike Eagle armed to the teeth!!

Area51 just came up with a U-2...

My vote is on the A4 Skyhawk! But if you want military aircrafts there are others that would be nice out there: Mirage 2000, Rafale, Harrier, etc.

Well, I personally would like to see an Aerosoft F-14 Tomcat. I know IRIS did an F-14, but an Aerosoft one would be a million times better... I also think the F-111 would be good.

JP

Oh, and the F-14 should have a RIO 'pit too, and (mabye) some expendable ordanance, like the Phoenix missle. Think about how many people like/ have heard of the Tomcat, and all you have to do is talk to IRIS and they'll tell you how well it's sold. Yall can make a much better external model and VC than IRIS, not to bash them.

of the original list I would go for the F-84F. I would also suggest another Republic product, the F-105. An F-8 would be a great choice too. Some other suggestions might be an S-3 Viking, IA-58 Pucara, A-5 Vigilante, F-106. Russian equipment would be really cool too. I would vote for Mig-23/27 but many other good choices. The Su-25 would fill the role of an A-10. Oh well, I look foward to whatever is chosen and can't wait for the OV-10.

Cheers

TJ

Hello gents, just to let you know, we have decided on a primary and secondary project, one from the list and one not, the latter just jumped out of the page when some one mentioned it above. Hopefully more will be revealed when we have some screen shots for you.

Thanks to everyone for their input, your feedback was invaluable and a great insight to what you want and expect.

Kindest

Michael

Hello gents, just to let you know, we have decided on a primary and secondary project, one from the list and one not, the latter just jumped out of the page when some one mentioned it above. Hopefully more will be revealed when we have some screen shots for you.

Thanks to everyone for their input, your feedback was invaluable and a great insight to what you want and expect.

Kindest

Michael

Somebody hold him down while I get the thumb-screws...