Okay No A-10 So What Else?

From the list it has to be the T-38c, i love that bird. As for the A-10, well as upsetting as it is that you wont be making one... DCS:A10 is on the way very soon and looks incredible for those wanting a super realistic Hog so its understandable why you would want to spend your time and money elswhere, that bird isn't happy unless its spitting fire anyway and FSX obviously limits you a great deal in that respect. It would be nice to see a nice Harrier in FSX, or a two seat Jaguar maybe, another great looking older jet. Just anything with a gritty realism would be nice, proper, vibrations, sounds and all....

actually, regarding the video above, a hunter would be nice also, or a buccanear... lightning, i could go on all day :D

Alpha Jet :blush:

As a Brit who is very fond of the Hawk, i have to admit iv always had a softspot for the Alpha jet, i would love to see a nice fsx version.

I'm a real fan of the A-1 Skyraider so maybe you could make a good one of this beauty because the razbam version is rubbish. I also like the A-4,T-33,Tornado GR.4/IDS/ECR and the F-100 so it really doesn't mind which aircraft you are gonna make as long it is a good as the PBY.

I'm a real fan of the A-1 Skyraider so maybe you could make a good one of this beauty because the razbam version is rubbish. I also like the A-4,T-33,Tornado GR.4/IDS/ECR and the F-100 so it really doesn't mind which aircraft you are gonna make as long it is a good as the PBY.

The PBY is the minimum yard stick level that is being aimed for.

Kindest

Michael

Personally, I'd love to see an European aircraft like the Blackburn Buccaneer :wub:, the EE Canberra (much more countries flew it than the B-57, so more repaints possible, even USAF) or the AlphaJet. I guess a Saab J-32 Lansen would be too obscure for you guys :rolleyes:.

If you have to do an F-5, why not do an F-5A/B? First of all it would make Dag happy :lol:. I also think it is easier to find information about it. It could also complement (instead of compete with) the Flylogic Tiger II you also sell. And finally, there would be a sufficient number of repaints possible. After all, there are enough countries that flew the A/B-model.

Edit: if none of the above are possible, my vote goes to the A-37 Dragonfly (not the T-37 Tweety Bird)

Classic F-5A/B, oh yes :rolleyes:

But you knew that Mathijs, didn't you ?? :lol:

I would leave all ongoing projects instantly when the model became readily mapped.

Second choice would be an F-84G and third would be F-84F/RF-84F.

Thanks

Classic F-5A/B, oh yes rolleyes.gif

But you knew that Mathijs, didn't you ?? laugh.gif

I would leave all ongoing projects instantly when the model became readily mapped.

Thanks

Dag, I'd be stunned if you said anything other than the above :).

Kindest

Michael

Classic F-5A/B, oh yes :rolleyes:

But you knew that Mathijs, didn't you ?? :lol:

Thanks

Make that two! :) F-5A/B on top of my list, F-84 next. F-104 and F-4C/D/E come a close 3rd and 4th.

• Upvote 1

Good choices, the A-1 Skyraider is a mean looking old bird, interesting colour schemes too.

garya1.jpg

A1D61.jpg

And had a wide and varied range of ordnance to carry, they really did strap on a toilet once :)

A-1H_VA-25_CVA-41bomb.jpg

I'd really like to see the Panavia Tornado done too, lots of users and 617 the Dambusters currently operate them close to where I live.

In answer to those that wonder about military aircraft in FSX, for me its just about flying them, most real military pilots never get to use their warbirds in action either, but I bet they enyoy flying them too :)

• Upvote 1

If it should be one of the list, I´d take the A4! But what´s about something french like the Super Entendard, Jaguar or the new Rafale? Or anything from Russia? For me a really good SU-27 / Su-33 would be great!

Or if your programmers need a challenge I´m voting for the famous Harrier!

• Upvote 1

Gents, Just to let you know, the F-104 and B-57 are on the back up list, but please dont let them dilute the above list from Mathijs.

The A-4 looks set to be worked over to a high level by Razbam so its position in the list 'could' be substituted if needed.

In an ideal world all of them would be nice, but one has to be first, after that, well lets get one done first.

Thanks to everyone thus far for their input.

Kindest

Michael

• Upvote 1

The A4 has recieved 7 votes, which is the most I think so far and if I may just comment on the A4's being reworked by Razbam issue a bit:

1. Clearly another dev doing it is not a major issue as the F5 is on the list (and Aerosoft themselves offer 2 F5 packages from sublogic already). The A-10 being developed by another dev team was also not a showstopper, though 2 of them understandably were.

2. To quote Razbam their Skyhawks will now be "FSX native models". Does this in fact mean we are looking at 100% from scratch modelling or is it more likely that a significant portion of their existing FS9 work will be re-used? Given that Razbam are clearly a small outfit my gut feeling is that it will be the latter. Not to be overly critical but Razbam's brand new A-7 leaves a fair bit to be desired in terms of exterior visuals. The A7 VC looks pretty good but certainly nowhere near what Aerosoft did with the F16 (not to mention the PBY) and up close the gauge modeling does not seem to be impressive at all. As Mathijs mentioned quality would prevail...

3. Michael stated that the PBY Catalina is the starting point quality level wise for whichever project is decided upon and this does in fact mean 100% from scratch modelling and the use of a lot of other very innovative techniques Aerosoft have picked up over the years. We can therefore rest assured that an Aerosoft A4 Skyhawk would be something truly special indeed!

So to those yet to vote in this post and coming to the conclusion that they should not vote for the A4 due to Razbam's (rather timely) announcement I say vote for it!

• Upvote 1

The A4 has recieved 7 votes, which is the most I think so far and if I may just comment on the A4's being reworked by Razbam issue a bit:

1. Clearly another dev doing it is not a major issue as the F5 is on the list (and Aerosoft themselves offer 2 F5 packages from sublogic already). The A-10 being developed by another dev team was also not a showstopper, though 2 of them understandably were.

2. To quote Razbam their Skyhawks will now be "FSX native models". Does this in fact mean we are looking at 100% from scratch modelling or is it more likely that a significant portion of their existing FS9 work will be re-used? Given that Razbam are clearly a small outfit my gut feeling is that it will be the latter. Not to be overly critical but Razbam's brand new A-7 leaves a fair bit to be desired in terms of exterior visuals. The A7 VC looks pretty good but certainly nowhere near what Aerosoft did with the F16 (not to mention the PBY) and up close the gauge modeling does not seem to be impressive at all. As Mathijs mentioned quality would prevail...

3. Michael stated that the PBY Catalina is the starting point quality level wise for whichever project is decided upon and this does in fact mean 100% from scratch modelling and the use of a lot of other very innovative techniques Aerosoft have picked up over the years. We can therefore rest assured that an Aerosoft A4 Skyhawk would be something truly special indeed!

So to those yet to vote in this post and coming to the conclusion that they should not vote for the A4 due to Razbam's (rather timely) announcement I say vote for it!

Ok a half time assessment.

Which ever model is chosen will be built from the ground up, no ported parts, no old parts, all new and yes will utilize recent technology.

You'll note the list is mainly small, agile or diverse role airframes, this should allow more detail to be encompassed with out issues on frame rates, it is not intended to produce every variant that a particular model offers, there are plenty of other vendors who target that genre of modeling. Single seater's are preferred, but side by side considered if popular with the clientèle.

F-5, valid point and it'll be on the list for good reason, reworking or doubling up on your own stock is more palatable than doing so against another vendor.

A-10, correct, if it were just the one then this thread would not exist, the 'timely' arrival of the second was felt to be just too much dilution at this present moment in time, the mesh is not destroyed and will be kept in warm storage, there's too much work and detail already done to totally discard it, let alone expenditure on literature etc, DCS isn't really a factor, a consideration, but not a major factor.

A-7, Razbam cater for a distinct market, they do it very well IMHO, thats all that needs to be said.

A-4, Its still on the list despite Razbams announcement, the objective if this became the chosen one, would be to complement other vendors, not compete, your logic is sound and I can't or won't dissuade your views, it ticks every box on the plus criteria and only one in the negative.

There is a similar thread at SoH, if you add the two together it comes out at 9 each for the A-37 and A-4, with the votes being 7/2 and 2/7 respectively (SoH/Aerosoft A-37) (SoH/Aerosoft A-4), now this is the 'official' thread so the A-4 would win in the case of a tie.

I'm led to believe that this thread will run until the end of the week so plenty of mileage to go, but it looks like a one horse race at the half way point.

Kindest

Michael

• Upvote 1

I would like a Lockheed Super Constellation, system depth comparable to the Catalyna or even deeper. I own a copy of the original flight manual, so no big deal for me ;-)

I've been very curious when JF announced the Connie Pro and bought it the day it was released - about a year ago - but big disappointment. I had the luck to spend many hours airborne in the real cockpit and cabin of a Connie and so I'm still looking for a realistic conversion of this beautiful bird.

Personally I'm acquainted with 4 active Connie pilots and 3 flight engineers which could help to proof accurate flight dynamics.

Cheers,

Rolf

PS: On my flight from Budapest to Brussels last Sunday, I made a short trip to Andras Field. Pictures on superconnie.net

69%20Rolf%20Eichenberger.JPG

• Upvote 1

Ok a half time assessment.

Which ever model is chosen will be built from the ground up, no ported parts, no old parts, all new and yes will utilize recent technology.

You'll note the list is mainly small, agile or diverse role airframes, this should allow more detail to be encompassed with out issues on frame rates, it is not intended to produce every variant that a particular model offers, there are plenty of other vendors who target that genre of modeling. Single seater's are preferred, but side by side considered if popular with the clientèle.

F-5, valid point and it'll be on the list for good reason, reworking or doubling up on your own stock is more palatable than doing so against another vendor.

A-10, correct, if it were just the one then this thread would not exist, the 'timely' arrival of the second was felt to be just too much dilution at this present moment in time, the mesh is not destroyed and will be kept in warm storage, there's too much work and detail already done to totally discard it, let alone expenditure on literature etc, DCS isn't really a factor, a consideration, but not a major factor.

A-7, Razbam cater for a distinct market, they do it very well IMHO, thats all that needs to be said.

A-4, Its still on the list despite Razbams announcement, the objective if this became the chosen one, would be to complement other vendors, not compete, your logic is sound and I can't or won't dissuade your views, it ticks every box on the plus criteria and only one in the negative.

There is a similar thread at SoH, if you add the two together it comes out at 9 each for the A-37 and A-4, with the votes being 7/2 and 2/7 respectively (SoH/Aerosoft A-37) (SoH/Aerosoft A-4), now this is the 'official' thread so the A-4 would win in the case of a tie.

I'm led to believe that this thread will run until the end of the week so plenty of mileage to go, but it looks like a one horse race at the half way point.

Kindest

Michael

How about having a real poll on top of the forum running for a week or so? You make a short list and in the end we'll see what's the preferred aircraft?

How about having a real poll on top of the forum running for a week or so? You make a short list and in the end we'll see what's the preferred aircraft?

That is a possibility, but the current list is made up of aircraft where information has already been gathered, data gathering can take months, in some cases years, to do the model justice you need facts and information to back you up.

A completely open poll would certainly be good for long term project consideration's, however at this moment the selection is looking to short list an aircraft to supplant the A-10 hibernation, hence the 'closed' poll.

Kindest

Michael

• Upvote 1

I would like a Lockheed Super Constellation...

Hi Rolf

Could we please have your vote on one of the aircraft from the list in the first post?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1