Okay No A-10 So What Else?

Given the A-4 will now probably come off the list, I think the Canberra/B-57 should take it's place.............so let's just call it the winner biggrin.gif

I mean, did much the same job as a U-2 (including managing to get past 70,000ft) as well as many other jobs with many, many airforces around the globe (can you imagine the limited repaint opportunities for a U-2laugh.gif ) and also being a repeated record breaker.

I've also go a few mission idea's that could make this really interesting and not just a flown for screenshots warbird cool.gif

It may be something way different but I am waiting since I use the Flightsimulation-Software for a realistic version of

the well-known and famous

"Northrop-Grumman B-2 Spirit"

I think this would be a great addon because it's so special and at the same time so much different to everything else

on the Flightsim-Market.

I hope I am not the only one, who is interested in such an aircraft.

greeting Miko

• Upvote 1

Given the A-4 will now probably come off the list, I think the Canberra/B-57 should take it's place.............so let's just call it the winner biggrin.gif

I mean, did much the same job as a U-2 (including managing to get past 70,000ft) as well as many other jobs with many, many airforces around the globe (can you imagine the limited repaint opportunities for a U-2laugh.gif ) and also being a repeated record breaker.

I've also go a few mission idea's that could make this really interesting and not just a flown for screenshots warbird cool.gif

The B-57 does have more variation, a long and varied career.

Kindest

Michael

It may be something way different but I am waiting since I use the Flightsimulation-Software for a realistic version of

I think this would be a great addon because it's so special and at the same time so much different to everything else

on the Flightsim-Market.

greeting Miko

Sadly the B-2 falls outside the remit, too big, too modern and MFD fitted, no your not the only one interested LOL, its just not practicable right now.

Kindest

Michael

• Upvote 1

I'd say a C-17 smile.gif

Sadly theres two already out there and a third due soon, a fourth is difficult to justify, its certainly not an aircraft we're short of info and enthusiasm for (personally), but for the current proposal and like the B-2, too big, too modern and MFD.

Sorry

Kindest

Michael

The B-57 does have more variation, a long and varied career.

Kindest

Michael

Indeed, and like the U-2, that included photorecon.........now if that doesn't lead to creating some usefull missions incorporating camera angles and image capture! Well, it just seems like a good way to create something that may be interesting, in that it includes a purpose for using it.

OK, that's my pitch finished clapping_s.gif

Personally, I'd love to see an European aircraft like the Blackburn Buccaneer :wub:, the EE Canberra (much more countries flew it than the B-57, so more repaints possible, even USAF) or the AlphaJet. I guess a Saab J-32 Lansen would be too obscure for you guys :rolleyes:.

If you have to do an F-5, why not do an F-5A/B? First of all it would make Dag happy :lol:. I also think it is easier to find information about it. It could also complement (instead of compete with) the Flylogic Tiger II you also sell. And finally, there would be a sufficient number of repaints possible. After all, there are enough countries that flew the A/B-model.

Edit: if none of the above are possible, my vote goes to the A-37 Dragonfly (not the T-37 Tweety Bird)

Why not the f84 thunderstreak. Sure modern fighters are limited in fsx, but when it comes to classics, it never gets old. It seems to me we have a lack of vintage jet fighters. If you have to gun stuff down buy a a combat sim. There are pleny of ga planes out there

Why not the f84 thunderstreak. Sure modern fighters are limited in fsx, but when it comes to classics, it never gets old. It seems to me we have a lack of vintage jet fighters. If you have to gun stuff down buy a a combat sim. There are pleny of ga planes out there

The F-84 is in the list as the F model which is the Thunderstreak, the G model (Thunderjet) shares many common parts, either or both are viable.

Kindest

Michael

And can we please stop bashing those that enjoy flying military aircraft without blowing stuff up? Just because you don't see the point does not mean someone else doesn't.

Nobody is bashing anyone. We are expressing opinions.

I do empathize with your view, it is a civil flight sim and is geared for civil aircraft ( ... )

FSX is what? At least with the Acceleration Pack there come the Agusta Westland EH101 and the F/A-18C. Besides that there are numerous military destinations featured within FSX and some military vessels are part of the default naval AI-traffic.

I think that civil and military aviation just can' t be seperated - not in real life, neither in a sim.

Flying a military jet at 500 ft (typical VFR cross country altitude here in Germany) following a series of waypoints is something completely different than piloting a triple-seven from EGLL to VHHH. I wouldn' t want to miss any of these two options ...

But - I' m talking about military aviation, not action or even aggression.

Now my vote: I would like to see a Tornado at the same quality level as your splendid F-16. Why? Just to name one of the reasons: The Tornado is a charismatic jet and (just as the F-16) still in use with different air forces. Features like the recce-pod could be implemented and would be an attractive tool for demanding missions.

One more? o.k.: In online sessions virtual pilots could fly competitive missions 'against' F-16 pilots or even mixed formations as it can be seen during international exercises.

btw.: I hope that aerosoft will spend a little more attention to the military part of aviation in their ASFS2012. As civil destinations offer jetways I' think shelters should be part of at least the more important military airfields.

on the Flightsim-Market.

greeting Miko

Sadly the B-2 falls outside the remit, too big, too modern and MFD fitted, no your not the only one interested LOL, its just not practicable right now.

Kindest

Michael

Ah okay, thanks for the statement.

nevertheless, very sad...:)

Hi, i think the F84 is the best plane out of the list. It´s agil and fun to fly. But let me propose another airplane. Why don´t you make a new version of the SR-71 Blackbird. I Think the one avaible at the moment isn´t actual anymore. A new version in Catalina or Airbus style would be very delicious :lol:. It isn´t too modern and still a stunning aircraft. I´d be verry happy with a new Blackbird.

Hi, i think the F84 is the best plane out of the list. It´s agil and fun to fly. But let me propose another airplane. Why don´t you make a new version of the SR-71 Blackbird. I Think the one avaible at the moment isn´t actual anymore. A new version in Catalina or Airbus style would be very delicious laugh.gif. It isn´t too modern and still a stunning aircraft. I´d be verry happy with a new Blackbird.

Well thats certainly thinking out of the box, and ticks the interest catagory quite well, I think the other one you mention was revamped a while ago and is no slouch even today, can the community stand two SR-71s ?, interesting choice, thank you.

Kindest

Michael

I may be missing a point here...but what actually IS the point ? Nothing that defines them can be replicated in FSX, there are no weapons, no targets, flak, or SAMs. Advanced radar is irrelevant...

This is completely incorrect. I won't point to other developer's sites, but everything you mentioned above is indeed available to FSX users. As for military aircraft, just look at Microsoft themselves, releasing the F18 in the Acceleration add on. The fact is, FSX is meant for everyone, and their enjoyment out of a flightsim may not align with yours, but it doesn't mean it's not a profitable revenue stream or is "missing a point".

Aerosoft does quite a good job at offering a diverse product base, and Mathijs is well aware of what sells, so he wouldn't have asked this question. Now I myself love the freedom that, depending on my mood, I can load a Cessna and fly it leisurely over Hope, B.C. in stunning scenery, or I can load an F/18 and fly over hostile territory, where SAMS are indeed launched at me from the ground and I must deploy my chaff and flares in order to avoid aircraft damage. Oh, and then I can lock on to another aircraft and fire a missle at it too.

And that is what FSX is: providing different kinds of satisfaction for aviators of many different kinds~! ;)

I can load an F/18 and fly over hostile territory, where SAMS are indeed launched at me from the ground and I must deploy my chaff and flares in order to avoid aircraft damage. Oh, and then I can lock on to another aircraft and fire a missle at it too.

What add-on for FSX allows all that ? Its one I've never heard of.

Hello Folks,

I'm going to step in here real quick before this goes off track now.

The subject is what plane should they do and not the merits of what FSX can and cannot do.

Great idea...............how about the English Electric Canberra/Lockheed Martin B-57?

Just a thought biggrin.gif