Fs9 Fe.dll Ctd

Daniel Roethlisberger

Good afternoon altoghether.

I have a problem I already had about three years again, but I can't remember how I solved it then... I post my problem here because I believe on this forum are the most experienced simmers and I'm very grateful for every hint.

Yesterday I flew from Zurich to Alicante and everything was perfect. My A320 stood at the gate for about 70 minutes, then I restarted the engines, programmed the FMGC and wanted to go back home. About three minutes after take-off on runway 10, the plane made a left turn (according to the flight plan). During this turn I switched to the wingview I installed about 10 days ago. About 30 seconds later, my screen got black and I still saw the ATC window and heared the sound. Then again about half a minute later i got a CTD. When I later checked the event log, I had two error-messages, one of them mentioning the fe.dll. It's really annoying because I really never had any problems with FS9 so far.

Then I tried the exact situation again and had no problems at all - unfortunately. Otherwise I would have been able to locate the problem at Alicante.

The following add-ons were involved in the situation: FS9.1, YAFScreen, Active Sky Evolution (B586), FS RealTime, Wilco Airbus Series 1 (v. 3_c), Wilco Ultimate Airbus Mod 32x V2, Eric Marciano's Airbus Upgrade, Vueling livery (32bit), Autower 2.11, Zinertek - Ultimate Water Advanced, Flight1 Ground Environment Professional II, Pablo Diaz' HDE v2 and Eiresim Alicante.

I recently installed GE Pro II and Alicante, but they are probably both not the cause of this CTD because of two reasons:

- I had no problems on the flight LSZH-LEAL

- The CTD took place when Alicante was already out of sight.

I know that fe.dll appeared many times in collaboration with 32bit textures of the DA Fokker, maybe that's a hint.

Another problem could be the AI traffic, but not in my case. I've been using MyTraffic 4.1 for about 7 months now and never had any problems.

Maybe my fe.dll is corrupted? I checked the properties of the file: 102'400 Bytes, v. 9.1.0.40901 and created on September 1st 2004 at 04:46:38.

Right now I'm trying to enforce the CTD again by flying exactly the same route again with the same aircraft, unfortunately no problems recognized so far. I have File Monitor running in the background.

Best regards

Ok, I'm tranquilised now ;)

The other thing is the OOM I get if I switch to outside view not until 20 minutes. That seems to be a limitation of Wilco, maybe FS9 or even a memory "problem" of Windows: I switch to the outside view for the first time after 20 minutes of 2D cockpit.

I think that's because regularly a simmer switches the view within the first 5 minutes at least once and all outside and airport textures get loaded. My suspicion is the following: FS only gets enough memory from Windows during the first 5 minutes. If you switch the views after this time, FS is overstained and that results in an OOM. Maybe you can confirm this too?