Eddt Approach Via Vor Loewenberg

airbusa

Dear All,

if I fly from EDDL or EDDK to EDDT (newest Aerosoft version) I can choose from the ATC only the approach via VOR KLF. This is not realistic, because in real live the approach will be routed via VOR LWB.

Why I will not get the option to choose LWB (KLF is in the menue 2 times listed, but not more).

Is there any possibility to add that for for approach in the ATC list?

Many thanks an best regards

Oliver

• Developer

Hi,

ist schon blöd wenn man nur dumme Kommentare im FXP Forum bekommt, nicht war?

Ok, we are here in the english part, so the answer in english:

The FS (and sepecially the old FS9) includes not allways the actual STAR information. I never heard about a "update" Service, like you know it by Navigraph for the aircraft Navdata.

The FS9 BGL's includes more infos then the ATC will offer you, like in case of EDDT for example STAR's via Waypoint LANUM.

The problem is, that the FS ATC will only offer VOR's as entry point for ILS Approaches, so waypoints will not shown in the list.

There is a trick to make it possible to enter via Waypoints, when you add RNAV Approaches to the BGL Files, then you can select RNAV instead of ILS and the Entrypoint is offered.

To build new Approachfiles for the FS is a complex process, are you able to edit XML Files, do you know the FS SDK for the notation of the Approach XML Tags?

For several Aerosoft Addon Airports I have done such new Approachfile, like EDDP or LEPA/LEIB/LEMH, but not yet for EDDT. Maybe I find some time, to make this later.

Dear All,

if I fly from EDDL or EDDK to EDDT (newest Aerosoft version) I can choose from the ATC only the approach via VOR KLF. This is not realistic, because in real live the approach will be routed via VOR LWB.

Why I will not get the option to choose LWB (KLF is in the menue 2 times listed, but not more).

Is there any possibility to add that for for approach in the ATC list?

Many thanks an best regards

Oliver

You might like to study ADE http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/ ....and start writing your own approaches. :goodluck_s:

Dear Oliver & edetroit,

many thanks for the answers, which are very helpfull against to flightxpress forum :-))

Oliver, I can live with a VOR as entry point, but for EDDT I see only KLF and not LWB. Do you have found LWB in the "Approach" Menue of the ATC?

I have downloaded ADE and will study it, hope I can find the solution. I heard from XML, this look not too complicated. Is it possible for you to send me a sample approach XML-file? Which tool I need for compile the XML file to a bgl file?

Thanks for the helpfull answers.

Good night.

Oliver

• Developer

Ok,

attached the XML of the default Approaches for EDDT. You "only" need to add the correct transition and then compile the file with the BGLCOMP.EXE from the FS2004 SDK.

But take care, the FS will not be able to handle all Legtypes as expected. Check the approaches after compile via the Default GPS instrument of the cessna, there you see the approachlegs and you will see if all is correct.

Here a link to the only SDK (is ESP/FSX, but in this part that is not different to FS9):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526978.aspx#Transition

Have fun.

EDDT-APPR.zip

Dear Oliver,

many thanks.

I have compiled the XML-file and include them in the same directory as EDDT from Aerosoft.

Then I fly from EDDK to EDDT, but in the ATC Menue no changes as before, only VOR KLF is available as entry point for ILS. I fly from BARTEL -> GIRIT -> LANUM -> DT553, LIGBA -> Runway 8L. In a heiht of 7000 ft the ATC don't give me the approval to sink.

Is this the result, because I don't include the transisition (aus Mangel an Wissen)?

General questions:

Which Tool do you use for creating that XML-Files?

How you come to the content, because you have created that very fast, I think this was not all hand typed?

If you have a Airport from Aerosoft (e.g. EDDT), which file you use for creation of the XML, do you use the AFCAD file?

You see I am realy new in this topic.

Many thanks for your help.

P.S. Do you have a email adress, its good to train the English in this forum, but easier to write and answer in german languages.

Best regards from Berlin

Oliver

• Developer

You open the Thread in the english forum, so now it is english :lol:

As I said, this is the file extracted from the default FS9 Airport, so it is normal, that you see the same as before. You ask for a file to start your extentions, now you have it :blush:

Maybe you can try ADE (edetroit gave you the link) to change the BGL you have now.