What Aerosoft titles do you own, and which is your favorite?

Robert S

I enjoy these forums and am the proud owner of the following Aerosoft titles:

Manhattan (my first!)

A10 Warthog

SH-60 Seahawk

MegaCity: Denver (I think a subdivision of Aerosoft Australia)

If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would have to be Manhattan; this is simply the best scenery add-on, period. The A10 is also up there, the VC detail is amazing!

I own Beaver, Super cub, Katana and Seahawk - and adore them all.

I must say that I have seen Manhattan and German airports 3 at a friend's and these are awesome too!

If I was richer I'd have them all plus Elba and Nice.

Edit -

I forgot to mention - I did use and enjoy the Aerosoft ATR which was great - but now the F1 ATR replaced it (no offence, Aeosoft :wink: )

I own the following titles:

Canary Islands Eastern

Canary Islands Western

Elba

Faro

German Airports 1 Bundle

German Airports 3, Volume 1

German Airports 3, Volume 2

German Airports 3, Volume 3

German Airports 4 Bundle

Gibraltar 2004

Ibiza & Formentera

Kos 2005

Madeira

Mallorca

Marseille

Menorca

Monastir

New Spanish Airports

Scandinavian Airports Denmark, Part 2

Scandinavian Aiports Norway

Scandinavian Airports Sweden

Scandinavian Airports Sweden, Part 2

Scenery Germany, Vol. 1

Scenery Germany, Vol. 2

Diamond Katana

ricardo

Katana

Manhattan

A-10

SH-60

Personal Ranking (Manhattan not included)

1) A-10

2) SH-60

3) Katana (Good for those relaxing with a beverage flights though) 8)

Kofi :)

In order of purchase

Katana

Kos 2005

Real Germany 3

Scenery Germany 2

Beaver

Seahawk

Favourite - a toss ip between the Beaver and Seahawk - I prefer to fly both around Misty Fjords though, because I can land either at or near all the landing sites :wink:

Chris

I currently have:

Eurowings Professional on CD (bought)

Beaver (free)

Super Cub (bought)

Manhattan (free)

A-10 Warthog (free)

Life in Elba (free)

Seahawk (free)

London Brighton Express (free)

:lol:

Favourite is probably the Super Cub, an all round awesome aircraft, followed by the Seahawk, ideal for flying around Manhattan. Life in Elba scenery is also very cool.

London to Brighton Express is a seriously cool add-on for Train Simulator, I was brought up in the area around Clapham Junction so all the stations and trains are familiar to me :)

I own the following titles(in order of preference):

Aircraft:

SH-60 Seahawk

A10 Warthog

Diamond Katana

Super Cub

Scenery:

Boxer

Manhattan

Elba

Gibraltar 2004

Madeira

Canary Islands Eastern

Canary Islands Western

Ibiza & Formentera

What I am patiently(almost) waiting for:

Two of my all-time favorite planes

OV-10 Bronco

PBY Catalina

AND

San Francisco!

Someday soon I will make the jump over the pond and invest in some of the great European scenery

Only started getting things since xmas 2004, time for a breather, save my pennies to upgrade my computer then I'll be ready to get some more. :lol:

Aircraft

Eurowings 2004

A-10 Warthog

Diamond Katana

Super Cub - Courtesy of Mathijs and crew

Scenery

Scenery Germany 2

Utilities

FDC Live Cockpit

My Traffic 2004

Trains

High Speed Trains Modern :shock:

Coops

edit Forgot to say that the airbus on eurowings is my favourite.

Beaver (free)

Super Cub (bought)

Manhattan (free)

A-10 Warthog (free)

Life in Elba (free)

Seahawk (free)

Very nice, what's with all the freebies?

Beaver (free)

Super Cub (bought)

Manhattan (free)

A-10 Warthog (free)

Life in Elba (free)

Seahawk (free)

Very nice, what's with all the freebies?

You need to know the right people at the right time LOL. Just do a bit of beta testing, screenshot making, catching pirates, general odds and jobs Shaun or Mathijs need doing, and the freebies will start coming your way :wink:

Instead of randomly handing out "freebies" Aerosoft needs to establish a preferred customer program, with perks and discounts to folks who have a substantial number of their products.

I own at least 25 Aerosoft products - I think that that kind of dedication backed up by real $$$$ should be rewarded (for example, bu 10 products get the 11th free), instead of giving freebies to folks who can hit the "Print Screen" button.

Just my opinion.

ricardo

You need to know the right people at the right time LOL. Just do a bit of beta testing, screenshot making, catching pirates, general odds and jobs Shaun or Mathijs need doing, and the freebies will start coming your way

OK that's true but, 75% of your products for free?

Buy 1 get 3 free or? :D

• Aerosoft
Instead of randomly handing out "freebies" Aerosoft needs to establish a preferred customer program, with perks and discounts to folks who have a substantial number of their products.

I own at least 25 Aerosoft products - I think that that kind of dedication backed up by real $$$$ should be rewarded (for example, bu 10 products get the 11th free), instead of giving freebies to folks who can hit the "Print Screen" button.

Just my opinion.

ricardo

For online products we are starting something like that, in fact, the top ten buyers have already been rewarded that way. For the boxed product it is a lot less easy to organise. Most people never take the time to register.

But you if 'hitting the print screen button' gets screenshots that are used commercially or for boxed covers, don't you feel that these people should be rewarded? And you totally and utterly underestimate the time and effort it takes to do good shots. Before we started using other people (and even commercial services like FSGS) for that it used to costs me hours a week. Anybody who can deliver me shots like the one attached below that we use for promotion can count on getting the products for free.

Just my opinion.

ricardo

I believe you have no idea how much effort it takes to produce a perfect screenshot! Even if you don't fool around with the finished pic AFTER hitting PrtScrn, you can spend up to an hour experimenting with angles, weather conditions, anti-aliasing, filtering, zooming, traffic setting, times of day, background selection, etc. until the shot is right!

I believe you have no idea how much effort it takes to produce a perfect screenshot! !

Looking at my keyboard it takes hitting the "PRTSCR" button. Then you have a screenshot. If you do something more with it, it's called "editing" and is not a shot of the screen but something cooked up in photoshop or whatever other editing software you're using.

I personally do not like edited screenshots, since they more often than not they completely distort what I would see if I were to use the addon in question on my computer. I'm much more interested in "honest abe" shots than I am in some artsy fartsy post-shot editing bonanza.

OTOH, I have no problem with aerosoft opening up a screen-gallery forum. :lol:

ricardo

I believe Tina's talking about the editing the flight environment. For example, in my A-10 shot above, I went through a bunch of different FS Sky World 2004 cloud/sky sets before I found one I liked.

Then I had to find the correct time of day to fly.

Then I had to find the right angle before I hit the "print screen" key 8)

Kofi :)

• Aerosoft

Looking at my keyboard it takes hitting the "PRTSCR" button. Then you have a screenshot. If you do something more with it, it's called "editing" and is not a shot of the screen but something cooked up in photoshop or whatever other editing software you're using.

I personally do not like edited screenshots, since they more often than not they completely distort what I would see if I were to use the addon in question on my computer. I'm much more interested in "honest abe" shots than I am in some artsy fartsy post-shot editing bonanza.

OTOH, I have no problem with aerosoft opening up a screen-gallery forum. :lol:

ricardo

Any screenshot is 'doctored' in some way because of the way the system is tuned. That the guys of FSGS can make sure good shots depends partly on the fact they got systems very much tuned to get the best grafic results.

I'm not sending the full shot here as it is far to wide for comfort, but download this one and look how sharp and yet fully anti aliased the attached screenshot.

Aircraft

A-10 Warthog

DHC2 Beaver

Seahawk

Scenery

Scandanavian Airports 2

Menorca

Manhatten

Life in Elba

Future Purchases

(Hopefully if my companies start making money and I get a real salary):

1) The Germany Series. They look like absolute must haves if you want alot of great airfields and scenery to fly across Germany.

2) The Catalina. I've been waiting a long time for a great Catalina for MSFS so it's good to know we will finally be getting one of high quality.

3) San Francisco. I must say, as posted elsewhere, Monaco would be really great as well. Don't forget the sunbathers on the boats/yachts anchored off the coast ;) Another scenery I would love to see would be a complete Sicily and/or Malta.

My favorites

-DHC2 Beaver, oddly enough, because I usually prefer the military jets.

- Life in Elba. I love the small communities to fly around and do some site seeing, especially if they are islands. Manhatten would probably be my favorite, but it taxes my system too much. That isn't a complaint, I am hoping to be able to afford more memory this year (From 256MB to 1 GB) as the main shortcoming on my system is not enough memory to store textures. Of course, if I do get the memory upgrade, their San Francisco with the Mega Scenery textures will probably become my favorite. :D

I'm not sending the full shot here as it is far to wide for comfort, but download this one and look how sharp and yet fully anti aliased the attached screenshot.

You mean the original was bigger than that? :o I thought my 17" monitor running at 1024x768 was big :lol:

Seriously, that's such a cool shot it is now my wallpaper. :)

I also got my dad to print it off in work, full A3 poster size on his glossy laser printer :wink: so now a nice bedroom poster too :D