Iac Ils Rwy 09

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please keep in mind these are not final releases!

Great work again!

Have you any idea about an approach for incoming from north/northeast and south/southeast, eg. via MAH or EUR VOR?

Great work again!

Have you any idea about an approach for incoming from north/northeast and south/southeast, eg. via MAH or EUR VOR?

I can't find EUR VOR, but I wouldn't use MAH VOR for an approach. There would be a conflict: MAH is used for EDDM ILS 08R approach, besides it is quite far away.

I am thinking about a STAR via MERSI, KOGOL and BODAN that all end at KPT VOR. If you fly only VOR to VOR, I recommend also you start approach at KPT VOR.

This would change if we would have another usable VOR in close east of EAFS, but there is not.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can't find EUR VOR, but I wouldn't use MAH VOR for an approach. There would be a conflict: MAH is used for EDDM ILS 08R approach, besides it is quite far away.

I am thinking about a STAR via MERSI, KOGOL and BODAN that all end at KPT VOR. If you fly only VOR to VOR, I recommend also you start approach at KPT VOR.

This would change if we would have another usable VOR in close east of EAFS, but there is not.

Ah, you are right, just doing a fresh install of my FSX environment and realized that EUR doesn't exist anymore.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What do you think about this STAR?

EAFS_STAR_ALL.pdf

For RWY09 all Approaches are perfect, also BODAN1P for RWY27. But MERSI1K and KOGOL1T for RWY 27 via KPT VOR is somehow cumbersome.

Why not directly from KOGOL to EASF and from MERSI via AMGAS direct. I'm thinking of a STAR i used today when flying from Andras to Trondheim.

See attached file.

For RWY09 all Approaches are perfect, also BODAN1P for RWY27. But MERSI1K and KOGOL1T for RWY 27 via KPT VOR is somehow cumbersome.

Why not directly from KOGOL to EASF and from MERSI via AMGAS direct. I'm thinking of a STAR i used today when flying from Andras to Trondheim.

See attached file.

Your idea is good and I know it seems a little unorthodox to make a detour for an approach on rwy 27 via KPT. But most customers of Andras Field will fly with small aircraft of which many may not be able to fly RNAV or GPS approaches. My idea was to fly the ILS approach by radio navigation only. So all ILS/VOR-DME equipped aircraft can use it. The STAR was made additionally for those who navigate with FMC/GPS until reaching IAF (KPT). In my opinion this is suffient for a small airfield like Andras.

And there is another reason: The fixes you suggested to use are enroute intersections. I am not sure if it is usual to use them as approach fixes. Trondheim has it's own approach related fixes.

If there would be a better positioned VOR (like the former EUR VOR) I would be happy. But I want stick to the active NAV points. This is important if we want use Andras Field on networks like IVAO or VATSIM one time (I hope so).

• Deputy Sheriffs

And there is another reason: The fixes you suggested to use are enroute intersections. I am not sure if it is usual to use them as approach fixes.

I did so in the past :rolleyes: and as I'm not so familiar with real navigation I didn't care.

But I want stick to the active NAV points.

Totally agree. I was first thinking of user waypoints, but that makes no sense at all. And I dont know whether it is possible to include approach fixes in the airport data and if so, works that with Online Flying?

• 4 weeks later...

Just steping in...

GREAT WORK!

I will fly some test patterns within the next days but what i can see on the charts so far is fantastic! Also very helpful for our planned upcoming ATC at Andras...

Do you think about SID's? No missunderstanding, I'm very happy with the approach charts so far :D

regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I am back.

Any Ideas about the SID routings?

Little late, but if you are still working on it:

SID for RWY27:

for all directions: Fix JA461 - INT KPT

SID for RWY09:

for all diections Fix MO021- INT MAH

alternatively:

west and southbound: via INT KPT

northbound FIX MO021 - INT MAH

east and southbound INT KOGOL

Guest David S.

any idea why the ils doesn't show up on my gps? I cannot select approach, activate approach or select vectors to final...

Epic Victory VLJ/gps-1000

• Deputy Sheriffs

any idea why the ils doesn't show up on my gps? I cannot select approach, activate approach or select vectors to final...

Epic Victory VLJ/gps-1000

Simple answer, there are no procedures for Andras Field.

Guest David S.

How about the GPS/ILS approaches...I still can't select approaches, activate approaches or activate vectors to final on my GPS. It seems like this should have been put into the first release, especially since Andras is ILS alot of the time. Nice scenery, but functionality is more important. I find Andras hard to find/hard to land at in ILS conditions. Great runway lighting helps. Still, I ust the ILS/GPS approaches as much as possible. The field has been in operation fro a while...how about establishing approach procedures already? How can you open an airport with no procedures?

-David

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bump this one. ANyone got any further with completing SID's and STAR's?

Just finished adding the Airport, NDB, VOR and ILS's into the latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph. Done a hop from EGHH to EAFS with no issue's till I got to Kempton VOR, then had to hand fly the rest onto Rwy 27 :) Once everything is programmed into the relevant db files I can then put them into a txt file and upload with instructions as to where to put them after each cycle is updated.

Should be able to do them for FSC (any version) and aircraft such as CS757/767 etcetera. The data should work in any aircraft which uses Navigraph AIRAC cycles.

Just spotted this tread as it's been bumped. Just wanted to say good work folks. I need to get flying and try these approaches out. I mainly do things VFR but there have been times when visibility has.... not been good, shall we say. These would be useful. Looking forward to some SID ideas.

Thanks for bumping this. Maybe it should be pinned at the top as it has very very useful charts!

I do have one question about the ILS Charts though. Since these are formatted for Europe, I don't know if maybe there is a difference between FAA Charts but the Maltese cross is usually the Final Approach Fix in the Profile View. Its over the NDB on both Approach Charts here. Also just a note, the Decision Height for ILS27 is too high (over 250 feet). These are the heights normally found on a Non-Precision Approach.

Once again, I'm a US Pilot so I don't know if things are different in Europe.

Thanks for bumping this. Maybe it should be pinned at the top as it has very very useful charts!

I do have one question about the ILS Charts though. Since these are formatted for Europe, I don't know if maybe there is a difference between FAA Charts but the Maltese cross is usually the Final Approach Fix in the Profile View. Its over the NDB on both Approach Charts here. Also just a note, the Decision Height for ILS27 is too high (over 250 feet). These are the heights normally found on a Non-Precision Approach.

Once again, I'm a US Pilot so I don't know if things are different in Europe.

Well, the charts are still in beta. You are right about the FAF, but actually there is no real FIX. So I am not sure if I should add a cross to the chart or not. For first I decided not to. I should delete the crosses over the ANF NDB also. It would be great if Aerosoft would create two real Approach Fixes in future releases and give it a name.

And yes, the Decision Heights are quite high. For ILS 09 this was fully intended, because there is a small hill on approach, that could get dangerous if too low on approach. For ILS 27 I just copied the heights. If you can give me some better, more realistic values, I will change it.

Here is an Idea about the SIDs:

post-17807-020239100 1293395132_thumb.jp

I don't want collide with other procedures of other airports around Andras Field, so I keep it close to the airfield. And there is only KPT VOR in vicinity.

But the problem is, that KPT VOR is very close when flying the SID for RWY 27: You need tough climb rates to be at or above 7000 ft before KPT VOR.

7000 ft because if you go lower, you will have a conflict with arriving traffic.

Still missing some numbers. I have only few time to do some test flights.