Online Flying Do's And Dont's Go On Try It You Will Love It!

Craig757

Welcome to my a Dummies guide to online flying,

Yes designed as is the series of books,it my way of helping you members of Andras Field to take the plunge and go and join us online. It really isnt that scary unfortunatly i am at the moment not going to talk about how we connect as we can do that as we go along and myself and a very dedicated management team at Vae will help you and hold your hand in the set up proccess until you are ok with using the software.

This guide will give you the do's and dont's we expect whilst flying online at Andras Field and also on the server these rules aren't set in stone but we would like people to use them as it will make everybodies online experience easy and fun and hopfully will stop any problems. It is also designed to show newbies to online flying that it really isnt that scary and help you realise exactly what you are missing out on.

ok here are the Do's

Teamspeak

we run teamspeak 2 client set up guide on the vae website, We use ts for radio contact and also meeting new members and generally having a good time you dont have it get it you are so missing out on a great community AF enhances that so dont be on your own login and talk to people .

There are several rooms in ts three main ones for this guide are Andras Field Unicom , Long haul and enroute these are for now the unicom channels if you are in or around Andras Field then you should be in the Andras Field Unicom room. for general chit chat then thats what the relaxation room is for.

Unicom room how to use

Ok so your logged into the server and you notice theres people flying next open up ts and go to the andras field unicom channel in there this bit is VERY IMPORTANT tell andras field pilots what your intentions are so like this we are at the ramp and want to taxi to rw 27 we say it like this Andras Field traffic type (say your aircraft) cessna G-CJVA ( you must say your tail number) taxiing and holding short rw 27 .

Yes it really is that easy so fully for me it would be Andras Field traffic type cessna 172 G-CJVA taxying and holding short rw27 anounce all movements if a plane announces on finals and your holding short please wait for them please every movement announce with your tail number not your username when its busy its easier.

really is that easy.

If you are along way from andras field then use the other unicom the same as explained.

on the server

ok please make sure that you spawn on a gate or ramp not a runway its really off putting when on short finals to see a plane pop up in my 747 that would cause me to go around so please take notice of this

How easy is that so come on what you scared of!!

ok now for the Dont's

dont spawn on runways it doesnt happen in real world so it shouldn't happen in flight sim

dont talk all over each other in unicom if its busy then please wait your turn to speak you wont be held up for may more mins by the time you do your runups it will be your turn.

ok thats it the main emfassis on online is have FUN and really you people who havent plucked up the courage to go online then you really are missing out on a great community . I have brought people online and now they have realised how much more fun it is to talk to people and enjoy flying together there really is nothing to be scared of.

If you are a little mic shy then pleas spawn at a gate online and sit and listen until you feel happy about having a go thats how i learnt many years ago

p.s noone will shout at you if you mess the calls up <_<

ok that raps up the do's and dont's so what you waiting for!!

regards

Craig