Our First Event

JaneRachel

Hello All,

I would like to thank all of you that attended our first event last night, which was an unqualified success. From the feedback received, everyone who was able to attend really enjoyed it!

Thank you to our Online Director Craig and the VAE people who worked very hard last night to help make things go smoothly! It is very much appreciated.

For those of you who were unable to attend, we hope to see you next week, as you are very welcome!

see you at Andras Field

JaneRachel

I joined it, not for so long, as my son (two years) needed me more.... But I enjoyed it a lot, and saw up to 10 different people at one time. Thats great. I am not much of an online flyer - until now that is. Ill be there next time, nomatter if I have to do aerobatics or can trike along at 1000 feet AGL <_<

Thanks to Jane and Craig and VAE, and all who were there last night

Ole

Thanks for setting up this event :)

Great way have fun and lot of flying.

No doubt that this was a success.

I will be there for sure the next time :)

Some tips for future events on multiplayer server.

Make the event in a shorter time span. Like1,5 to 2 hours.

Have a plan for what to do on that particular event, like a fly in from airports around Andras Field, a short VFR flight around Bavaria. Pattern training with touch and goes, or just a BBQ-party

Make someone be responsible, and lead the "sheep" forward during the event.

This is a lot of fun, be sure to spread this on the forums and all over :)

Here are some pictures from our first event:

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=37006

Make the events longer, like all day. Need to account for time differences between users locations and Germany, someone who really wants to participate might not be available those particular two hours. If a competition is involved, like aerobatics, you're free to leave after you perform, only the judges really have to stay online.

Thanks too VAE for all the guidance and help. Not having done any online flying before and not being able to

fly yesterday it was still fun meeting and listening to everyone. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll have all

technical issues resolved on my end. After listening in, I realize I am going to sign up for ground school at the local

community college since the last time I took one was 1970 as a junior year at Aviation HS in LIC, NY. I'll sure be ready

to try again in order to lower my stress levels after the students come back to school the last week of August.

Teaching 600 plus kids in my elementary school can begin to get stressful by the second week and putting on

will sure help!

Yep it was an outstanding success peeps i personally recorded 12 people in the server and me so thats 13 unlucky for some but not us. Ole ,Jane i really dont want the praise what makes this work is a team of people who get together

and provide a proffesional experience and yes for you people who are wary of online flying we are just like 1 big family. Jane fantastic event thank you but guys if you give us a few days to digest what has gone on then for 1 i will publish some general rules of online eticate nothing to heavy but if we all adear to them then it makes everybodies experience online a happy 1 and also Jane and i have agreed to get together and pound the boards inorder to make your experience at our events a memerable 1 and i will also post some help for you new guys who are trying to make the jump onto online flying we are here to hold your virtual hand and help you join us on Vae

regards

Craig

Sorry Craig

I was only praising you, Jane and VAE, because, Jane is the Event dude, making this event for us, VAE is the online service provider - and you are the link between those two!<_<

And as such I know you feel quite a responsibility to make it all come together. Thats all. B)

And my praise went to all those who were there too. They were the ones who made it fun.:lol:

Sorry Craig

I was only praising you, Jane and VAE, because, Jane is the Event dude, making this event for us, VAE is the online service provider - and you are the link between those two!<_<

And as such I know you feel quite a responsibility to make it all come together. Thats all. B)

And my praise went to all those who were there too. They were the ones who made it fun.:lol:

Ole i know mate :D

Yes thanks all, had a great time. Hearing the calls and visualising (mainly beacuse of the weather - cloud hid the other aircraft for periods - in the circuit!) where you were was very stimulating - got the grey cells firing. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Here's a couple of ideas ...

A night at the Opera (blatantly stolen from the Ad for Andras) ... we all fly to Milan in time for the Opera - Jane can pick the show to see some Sat or Sun? We could even stay for the week to let the wives/girlfriends/partners do some shopping and fly back the next week.

Or, during Winter, we could all fly to a nice Ski resort - same idea - return the next week?

Anyway, had a great time last night - human pilots certainly beats the hell out of FSX AI and ATC happy.gif

Paul

(Simjockey, G-SIMJ)

I was there and it was a lot of fun listening to everyone while I was there. This was my first online experience and I had some technical issues and want to thank the two gentlemen that helped me out from VAE, sorry I have already forgot your names. Now that the issues are resolved I will try to attend this weeks event. I am not an aerobatic pilot but I will be a spectator. Should be fun to watch an online airshow. My only recommendation is to post on the forum where we are supposed to meet because it is a big area.

Thanks again for a wonderful experience,

Mike Cameron

I was there and it was a lot of fun listening to everyone while I was there. This was my first online experience and I had some technical issues and want to thank the two gentlemen that helped me out from VAE, sorry I have already forgot your names. Now that the issues are resolved I will try to attend this weeks event. I am not an aerobatic pilot but I will be a spectator. Should be fun to watch an online airshow. My only recommendation is to post on the forum where we are supposed to meet because it is a big area.

Thanks again for a wonderful experience,

Mike Cameron

Hey Mike, We will always meet at Andras Field, unless otherwise stated :)

all the best

JaneRachel

Thanks for setting up this event :)

Great way have fun and lot of flying.

No doubt that this was a success.

I will be there for sure the next time :)

Some tips for future events on multiplayer server.

Have a plan for what to do on that particular event, like a fly in from airports around Andras Field, a short VFR flight around Bavaria. Pattern training with touch and goes, or just a BBQ-party

Make someone be responsible, and lead the "sheep" forward during the event.

This is a lot of fun, be sure to spread this on the forums and all over :)

Here are some pictures from our first event:

http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=37006

Hi Jan,

It was a deliberate plan not to organise anything specific for last weekend. The reason was that it was open house to get used to the server and being online. In fact, Craig and the guys were great dealing with helping a lot of people get their equipment set up, which was a major part of the aim. As we go forward there will be more structure, but I felt this would have got in the way on Saturday, which was a come to Andras and say hi kind of event.

all the best

JaneRachel

I had a blast guys, flying my Katana, Bushhawk X and Bundesmarine Albatros. Too bad about the bad weather. Although stunning in my FSX with REX2 weather, this was definately no VMC. Let's just hope next saturday will be better. I'll polish up on my Immelmans and Hammerheads in my trusty ACA Decathlon!