"failed To Read From File", Then Ctd

Legend

A strange error happened to me recently a few times... I'm flying (over Europe), then suddenly I get a popup message "Failed to read from file" and FSX freezes. The messagebox only has an OK button; when I click it FSX closes and I'm back at the desktop.

Any idea what this could be? It happened when I was flying towards Andras Field, but also twice today at Gibraltar.

Hello Legend,

Try disabling a few sceneries in your scenery library at a time till the problem goes, use a default aircraft when doing this.

When it disappears you can then narrow it down to which scenery etc is causing the issue.

Hello Legend,

Try disabling a few sceneries in your scenery library at a time till the problem goes, use a default aircraft when doing this.

When it disappears you can then narrow it down to which scenery etc is causing the issue.

I'll try it, Shaun... thanks. Meanwhile I had a normal flight again that went wrong an earlier time. Don't know if it had anything to do with it but I put the scenery resolution back a bit.