Issues On Seeing Aircraft Online Resolved

Craig757

Hi everyone you dont know how happy i am to be posting this but here goes.

A large number of you reported that when logging in to the Squawkwin application that some of you could not see other players but they where listed as connected. We origanally thought that it was a windows 7 64 bit issue , When i sat down and used my extensive knowledge on how fsx reads the texture files in the gamespy sessions i started to think that it must use the same ethos for recognising aircraft. In Squawkwin there is a setting that prioritises the order that squawkwin

searches for the aircraft that you see in the server. Well just putting one 3 letter code in makes fsx look in two places the installed texture pack and fsx aircraft folder thus making it quicker and easier for fsx to proccess what you see.

Ok so your thinking how do we do this well here goes

1)when you go to fsx set up a flight and spawn at andras field

2) press shift tab to bring up squawkwin then right click goto options then select main setup

3) at the bottom in the first big box delete all codes and in caps lock type VIP and make sure you have the vip texture pack if you havent please click HERE to get it

4) Click save and then login to the server as normal job Done! (please see picture attached)post-29837-128112360071_thumb.jpg

This has been tested by myself and a few others with thanks especially to Ole who took time out from his Family to help me on this as we knew that we couldnt see each other now we can well in Ole's win 7 installation.

If you are new then dont worry about this post as from 1 hour from this post the squarkwin download will be modified to acommadate this issue.

You will still have issues some times you will see a 737 instead of a fa18 well sorry bout that this is an fsx flaw and there is nothing we can do to resolve this its a trait us online simmers get used to at least you can see other players.

Well we are still testing and its ongoing so we are saying we will not always have this issue but for now its solved

Happy Landings

Regards

Craig

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone you dont know how happy i am to be posting this but here goes.

A large number of you reported that when logging in to the Squawkwin application that some of you could not see other players but they where listed as connected. We origanally thought that it was a windows 7 64 bit issue , When i sat down and used my extensive knowledge on how fsx reads the texture files in the gamespy sessions i started to think that it must use the same ethos for recognising aircraft. In Squawkwin there is a setting that prioritises the order that squawkwin

searches for the aircraft that you see in the server. Well just putting one 3 letter code in makes fsx look in two places the installed texture pack and fsx aircraft folder thus making it quicker and easier for fsx to proccess what you see.

Ok so your thinking how do we do this well here goes

1)when you go to fsx set up a flight and spawn at andras field

2) press shift tab to bring up squawkwin then right click goto options then select main setup

3) at the bottom in the first big box delete all codes and in caps lock type VIP and make sure you have the vip texture pack if you havent please click HERE to get it

4) Click save and then login to the server as normal job Done! (please see picture attached)post-29837-128112360071_thumb.jpg

This has been tested by myself and a few others with thanks especially to Ole who took time out from his Family to help me on this as we knew that we couldnt see each other now we can well in Ole's win 7 installation.

If you are new then dont worry about this post as from 1 hour from this post the squarkwin download will be modified to acommadate this issue.

You will still have issues some times you will see a 737 instead of a fa18 well sorry bout that this is an fsx flaw and there is nothing we can do to resolve this its a trait us online simmers get used to at least you can see other players.

Well we are still testing and its ongoing so we are saying we will not always have this issue but for now its solved

Happy Landings

Regards

Craig

Craig.

You really are too modest. You find this problem, you solve it, and then you go thanking me for having my problem fixed. Geez man!:blink:

No Thank YOU Craig. You are a genius!

Now I can attend Janes Fly-in event tomorrow, in my Win7 environment.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1