Fsx Start Problem

Jojoairbus

Hello guys,

I have a little problem with my FSX.

Everytime I start my FSX in the start screen the FSX library gets new created. But I don´t know why.

Every scenery is already activated in the FSX library.

Can somebody help me?

I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Regards,

Jojo

I have attached a picture of the start screen, but it is in German.

post-24308-128102833582_thumb.jpg

I was thinking the UAC was keeping FSX from properly writing to files, buf you're off the C drive entirely...

I can't speak for windows 7. But with Vista UAC can still cause issues if you're off the C Drive. I have disabled UAC on my machine (it's too annoying!), I've ensure I'm down as Admin and cascaded those rights through the main FSX folder (by right clicking, properties, and setting the security preferences).

It may help, but I don't think it's the cause of your issue. Although, I'm sure the scenery library is stored in your user profile on the C Drive. So don't rule UAC out.

Chris

That file tells FSX what scenery you have and where to find it. If you mess it up and FSX has to build a new one, you'll lose all your addon scenery and will need to add everything back manually. Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

Ok Bruce,

thank you for your quick help! wink.gif

I don´t want to mess up my whole FSX tongue.gif . Also I don´t want to install everything again, takes much time.

So, I have to and can live with this problem but it´s a little bit annoying... biggrin.gif