Cj Virtual Air

Josh 89

Just thought id let you all know that a U.K. based VA (CJ Virtual Air) has a regular service set up to Andras Field at the moment we are the first. Currently with 5 routes yet our team have another 26 in the pipeline all going to and from Andras Field.

One a seperate matter on 2nd Aug 2010 at 0800UTC the CJV delivery team will be starting their engines in YellowKnife Canada to start a delivery flight to Malaga of two CL215 water bombers we will be making an overnight stop in Andras Field. it may be out of the way but who cares the chance to fly into a unique community, can not be missed!

If you fancy joining us to make the most of your Virtual Aviation Experiance. Please come and sign up http://cjvirtualair.co.uk/home/ you are more than welcome to fly with us. Also keep an eye on the VAE website as they have planty to offer.

Regards

Josh

I joined yesterday, had a lot of fun with two flights out of Andras Field. One going to Innsbruck, one going to Munich.

I see that CJV has a heart for those who like to fly props - and I am one of them. May I humbly suggest that you add at least two more models to your fleet? The Twin Otter is a must, and the Kodiak would be nice to have :-)

Ok noted but to put online aircraft takes around 20hours this is research painting and routes as we operate like the real world airlines we are charged fuel etc etc but we will look into it

regards

Craig

We are currently looking into a twin otter the Kodiak is on the back burner at the moment as we have quite a few projects being worked on at this moment in time. if you are intresting in a nice prop run for scenary then i will personally recomend the C46 run from Andras Field to Innsbrook especially if you go over munich the fly up the vally to innbrook it is an amazing run

Did the 208 run to Innsbruck from Andras Field. The way FSX ATC is guiding you is hilarious - their idea of a safe approach really differs from what I would suggest.

My wishes regarding airplanes are just that - so don't feel pressed to implement them. However, when you are looking at routes, may I suggest some (as a local, I know the region pretty well):

Andras Field to Salzburg would be a nice one, passing north of the Alps over nice territory. Even better: EASF to LOWG, there you have to cross the Alps. Third suggestion would be either EAFS to Bolzano (nice approach for smaller planes).

Smaller hops for the 208 or a Twin Otter would be from Bayreuth to Andras Field or from Swiss Airports.

The way FSX ATC is guiding you is hilarious - their idea of a safe approach really differs from what I would suggest.

That was probably because you flew it VFR. If you file an IFR plan with low altitude airways, you can insert your own desired waypoints and ATC will follow that route until you get vectors to land. I always file instrument plans, in visual plans you don't get passed off to other controllers in a realistic manner.

Oh, I DID fly IFR, of course, low altitude airways. Thing is, once you get airborn in Andras Field, FSX ATC starts to vector you immediately(!), since EAFS and LOWI are just 40 miles apart. They tell you to climb to 11.000 feet, but when you are just about 10.000 feet high, they order you down to 9.500 again. Of course I didn't include my own waypoints, so they had me skimming just a few feet over the Nordkette for the approach and asked me to descend from 9500 feet to the runway in just 11 miles *smile* - which my passengers didn't really like (had blood coming out of their ears *g*).

I flew that route too. But I did it vfr, but since clouds around 10000 feet it took me longer than expected to reach Innsbruck - but the passengers did not mind, since they got a nice sightseeing tour instead :lol:

Glad to be a part of your VA.I mostly fly the Cheyenne as a nice small GA Aircraft, maybe some time in the future we can afford that one to the fleet ;)

Thing is, once you get airborn in Andras Field, FSX ATC starts to vector you immediately(!), since EAFS and LOWI are just 40 miles apart.

LOL! I've made that mistake more than once. The airports are too close together, combined with too high a top of climb alittude setting, and you bounce up and down like a pogo stick. Passengers tend to not fly with you again after that. laugh.gif

Hey Craig,

Good to hear that you are planning more routes :D. Could you please make sure not to land any aircraft later that 9 PM, otherwise we are going to have some angry people :P. Maybe it would be nice to have a special terminal for passenger flights.

sebastiaan our whole team are working on routes, we as in me and a local we have recruited. Darem here is assisting! the idea of a terminal would be very nice around about gate 1 and 10 ? and dont worry after 9pm there will only be an124's comming in and out. lol

I would agree a small terminal or the conversion of one of the two sheds next to the gates mentioned.

i would also prefer it if anyone has any suggestions on routes or aircraft for the VA to post them into our forum providing you are a member or emial me at joshceo@cjvirtualair.co.uk

For the details on were to find our aircraft please read in our forum in the new pilots need to know section there are detials on were to get all our fleet aircraft. however the MD-80 CJV repaint is still being worked upon at this time