Registering For Events - Important

JaneRachel

Hey Gang,

For those wishing to take part in the community events, please be aware that we will be using the VAE server.If you haven't already, please register on the Virtual Aviation Experience website to get access to the server!

http://www.virtual-aviation.org

Once registered you will need to download the pilot client software. Don't worry, it is easy and even I was able to do this successfully and connect to the server. Ray and Robert at VAE are also on hand here to help out anyone with an issue.

This is really important as you need to register and download this piece of software to gain access to the server. This is a once only thing. Once you are setup, you are good to go for every event! It is also completely free, which is my kind of price!

all the best

JaneRachel

• Upvote 1

I'm registered and installing/setting up teamspeak2 and squawkwin was a breeze. It's been a while since I joined up on online applications like with VATSIM and can only remember the pain of getting it all to work. Not so with VAE!

Yeah the crew at VAE were extremely helpful getting myself setup rather quickly.

Gonna give it a try, first timer so watch out everyone!

I look forward to seeing you there!

JaneRachel

Hello all,

I have register myself today at VAE and awaiting my aprovel.

It wil be the first time for me to fly online.

Hope things wil be going right for me.

Question: Do I have to become a member of IVAO or VATSIM to be a member of VAE? :unsure:

With Regards,

John

Hello all,

I have register myself today at VAE and awaiting my aprovel.

It wil be the first time for me to fly online.

Hope things wil be going right for me.

Question: Do I have to become a member of IVAO or VATSIM to be a member of VAE? :unsure:

With Regards,

John

John.

No! They are completely different online provides. All you need is love - eh sorry - all you need is VAE. ;)

Thank you guys.

I was this morning trying to connect, but it faled because of a bad name/password.

I did ask some question about this at the forum of VAE.

Can you tell me if I can use TeamSpeak on another pc?

Or is it only to use on the FS pc?

Regards, John

• 1 month later...

That's a good question John, I was about to post the same.

I've been unable to connect TeamSpeak on my PC but I succeed in the desktop an d was thinking to use both at the ame time..

Ramon

BTW: I've a daughter living in Leiden and I'm planning to visit her on the first week of november in order to visit the FSWeekend in Lelystad. Have you already been there? It's a good idea to spend some time there?

Thank you guys.

I was this morning trying to connect, but it faled because of a bad name/password.

I did ask some question about this at the forum of VAE.

Can you tell me if I can use TeamSpeak on another pc?

Or is it only to use on the FS pc?

Regards, John

Any Aussies out there interested in having a MP flight some time this weekend?

I logged on this morning (Saturday) and predictably it was pretty quiet. Hopefully we can get a session going to suit our time zone.

Cheers,

That's a good question John, I was about to post the same.

I've been unable to connect TeamSpeak on my PC but I succeed in the desktop an d was thinking to use both at the ame time..

Ramon

BTW: I've a daughter living in Leiden and I'm planning to visit her on the first week of november in order to visit the FSWeekend in Lelystad. Have you already been there? It's a good idea to spend some time there?

Hello,

As a Dutchie, living in Switzerland for the last five years, I can tell you this. The last time, I was at the FS-Weekend was in November 2004. FS9 had just been issued, and I met a guy there, flying a DC3 in SwitzerlandPro. Awesome, so I bought the add-on. I can assure you, you won't be sorry to get there. I, also have planned to be in Holland then and surely will go to Lelystad on November 7th.

Greetings, Henk

Hello,

As a Dutchie, living in Switzerland for the last five years, I can tell you this. The last time, I was at the FS-Weekend was in November 2004. FS9 had just been issued, and I met a guy there, flying a DC3 in SwitzerlandPro. Awesome, so I bought the add-on. I can assure you, you won't be sorry to get there. I, also have planned to be in Holland then and surely will go to Lelystad on November 7th.

Greetings, Henk

Thanks Henk. Now I'm almost sure to go to Lelystad. I'll try to be there also that day. We could arrange to have a meeting. Any other dutch people would join us?

W'ill remain in contact

Regards

Ramon

Thanks Henk. Now I'm almost sure to go to Lelystad. I'll try to be there also that day. We could arrange to have a meeting. Any other dutch people would join us?

W'ill remain in contact

Regards

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

There will be plenty of people, mainly Dutch, but they all speak English. And they all share our hobby: FS. Last year, Aerosoft was there too, to issue LelystadX.

If you are interested in the Netherlands, you should install NL-2000 v4 (FSX). It's awesome for VFR flying and freeware! Only problem is: huge donload time. On the other hand, if you should take an external harddisk to Lelystad with you, they will copy the files on the HD for you. Their web-site is: NL-2000.com. LelystadX, RotterdamX and SchipholX from Aerosoft fits wunderful into the scenery.

Regards,

Hi Ramon,

There will be plenty of people, mainly Dutch, but they all speak English. And they all share our hobby: FS. Last year, Aerosoft was there too, to issue LelystadX.

If you are interested in the Netherlands, you should install NL-2000 v4 (FSX). It's awesome for VFR flying and freeware! Only problem is: huge donload time. On the other hand, if you should take an external harddisk to Lelystad with you, they will copy the files on the HD for you. Their web-site is: NL-2000.com. LelystadX, RotterdamX and SchipholX from Aerosoft fits wunderful into the scenery.

Regards,

Hi Henk:

Of course! I'm very interested in the Netherlands since I enjoy a lot every time I go. I've already installed almost all the addons you suggest but not yet the Schipol(wich is in my shoping list at the Aviation Megastore close to Schipol).

It's quiet amazing trying to find my daguhter's house in Leiden or the ESA's area close to Nordwick.

Hope to meet you in Lelystad. I'm going to make a sticker with my AA-Club label in order to stick it over my coat.

Regards

Hi Henk:

Of course! I'm very interested in the Netherlands since I enjoy a lot every time I go. I've already installed almost all the addons you suggest but not yet the Schipol(wich is in my shoping list at the Aviation Megastore close to Schipol).

It's quiet amazing trying to find my daguhter's house in Leiden or the ESA's area close to Nordwick.

Hope to meet you in Lelystad. I'm going to make a sticker with my AA-Club label in order to stick it over my coat.

Regards

Ramon,

Good idea. I will do the same. I' there at Sunday anyway. Perhaps we can have a cup of soup in the restaurant at Martin Air flight school. I did that almost every week, since I lived in the neighbourhood of Lelystad. Hope to see you.

Henk

• 4 weeks later...

Henk

I'm already in Leiden and ready to go to Lelystad the 7th. I'm planning to arrive about 11 in the morning. I'll be wearing a red overcoat and the patch with the AA-Club membership card over my left pocket.

Hope to meet John Giezen and you

Ramon

Hey Gang,

For those wishing to take part in the community events, please be aware that we will be using the VAE server.If you haven't already, please register on the Virtual Aviation Experience website to get access to the server!

http://www.virtual-aviation.org

Once registered you will need to download the pilot client software. Don't worry, it is easy and even I was able to do this successfully and connect to the server. Ray and Robert at VAE are also on hand here to help out anyone with an issue.

This is really important as you need to register and download this piece of software to gain access to the server. This is a once only thing. Once you are setup, you are good to go for every event! It is also completely free, which is my kind of price!

all the best

JaneRachel

Gotta learn this thing, so I just got my registration accepted. I learned how to fly VOR today, now there's a bit of practicing left I am afraid, everything is easy - when you master it! That's for tomorrow tough.