Airport Directors Monthly Review - Issue #1

Guys and girls in Andras Field

One month ago today - on July 1. 2010, Andras Field opened its hanger doors to the world. So today is the first celebration day in Andras Field.

One month, and the Andras Field is already in full bloom. So much has happened here in this short period of time.

First of all the Scenery itself is changing on an almost daily basis, updates proposed by all the users, and designed and developed by Andras and Aerosoft. See news items HERE

The number of plot owners are steadily increasing, as happy people move in to the Airpark. Welcome to all the new inhabitants - you will be followed by many others shortly, thats a promise.

We are now online. After long considerations about how to do this, and who to join in with, we decided to team up with VAE Find them here who will provide us with a steady online server, so we can meet in virtual reality in Andras Field.

A flight school, with both ground school, and in-air lessons, both prop, jets and all sorts of things, is founded. Craig Hobsons idea, and now run by Craig and our Seaplane Manager Sebastiaan. Drop in to the Flight School here

Ruud Faber came to me and proposed a club. I swallowed hook, line and sinker, and together Ruud and I came up with the AA Club or Andras Aviation Club. Ruud designed our membership cards, which you will see spread out on the forums

Bernhard "darem" Rems quickly joined me in the club, and is now running the "flight briefings" that you can see in our sub forum.

At the moment a clubhouse is under construction on the airfield. Soon as it is ready to move into, our weekly club-meetings - called "Thursday Beer and Lies" will startup. the name pretty much tell you what we will be doing there, but remember - one beer if you are flying! Unlimited number of lies though.

Jane, our Event Manager has several things in the molding pot. Stay tuned to the event forum for her upcoming stunts. Its going to be SO great, and you can even win some fabulous prizes here and there. Check out Janes exciting forum here

Jane has also formed a Vintage Warbird Society, to give a home to those classic fighters, bombers etc. etc. Join Jane in the forum if you are hooked on those old relics.

With help from user Moshe we now have an Andras Field Code of Conduct. Its under "Andras Field - General" read this is you are unsure of how to behave in Andras Field. If you are not unsure - read it anyway! Its here

We are currently working (ha ha - I mean user Chaders are currently working on) a complete set of SID/STAR routings so in the end we will have safe guidelines when taking off or landing at Andras Field.

Diego "Ardix" have come up with a fine set of Traffic patterns for the three runways, and are responsible for the rule that the seaplanes are to take off south, and land from the south, unless cleared specifically from the tower. See his pattern here

So you see, the users are very very involved in the process of making Andras Field a great place to be. Thanks a lot to all the contributors. Keep it coming. Lets keep Andras busy.

And lets not forget that Aerosoft are the big guys behind this, and if you look around the forums, you will see that Mathijs and Shaun are constantly putting up contests with free downloads as prizes, or throwing discounts at owners of Andras Field - and in general just looking after us. Oh its good to be in Andras Field.

And hey - it dosent stop here. We have a huge amount of projects running right now.

Special Flying School and AA Club, plane liveries, clubhouses being built, a user wanting to open a supermarket here, an extensive alteration of the taxiways at Andras Field in preparation, Jane´s many event projects, and so on and so on.

So keep returning to the forums and see whats coming your way, and if you think something is good, something is bad, or something is missing. Tell us. Only with the help from YOU - will Andras Field be even better.

On the staff side of things, I can say that the board has its first board meeting on August 9.th, where we will discuss heaps of stuff on how to make this place even better.

And speaking of the board.

We have a couple of openings in the board.

We need;

An Online Director

And

A Glider Association President.

If you want info on these positions, please contact me (airport@andrasfield.com) or Mathijs (info@andrasfield.com)

And please send an application to either of us, should you be interested in any of the positions.

Regards

Ole Andreasen

Airport Manager

• Upvote 1

Great update Ole - appreciate all of the work you, the directors, Aerosoft , Andras and others are doing!

On the topic of 'online director' – I am completely incompetent and unqualified in this area myself, but I would like to nominate Craig (craig-chdesigns) if he was willing to stand! From his contributions in this area so far he certainly has demonstrated the experience and skill required!

(Craig - hope you don't mind the nomination - if you are not interested in the role, just consider it a compliment!!)

- Mug

Great update Ole - appreciate all of the work you, the directors, Aerosoft , Andras and others are doing!

On the topic of 'online director' – I am completely incompetent and unqualified in this area myself, but I would like to nominate Craig (craig-chdesigns) if he was willing to stand! From his contributions in this area so far he certainly has demonstrated the experience and skill required!

(Craig - hope you don't mind the nomination - if you are not interested in the role, just consider it a compliment!!)

- Mug

Mug that is more than a compliment thank you sir

regards

craig

Mug that is more than a compliment thank you sir

regards

craig

Craig is too modest, so let me add that the board has already received and accepted an application for the job as Online Director, from Craig.

He is therefore, from today, our new Online Manager. Welcome Craig.

Craig is too modest, so let me add that the board has already received and accepted an application for the job as Online Director, from Craig.

He is therefore, from today, our new Online Manager. Welcome Craig.

Agreed Ole!

Congratulations Craig!!