Us Cities X - Chicago

rvc

What can cause most of the buildings to not show up in the Chicago scenery? I have the "Scenery Density Switch" set to "More Custom 3D buildings"

post-46-128052344543_thumb.jpg

On some systems it can take up to a minute until all buildings have "popped up". Even after the % window is done loading. If not, reloading the scenery by grabbing the aircraft on the map window, move it to another place closeby and clicking "OK" may help.

Bests,

Sascha

On some systems it can take up to a minute until all buildings have "popped up". Even after the % window is done loading. If not, reloading the scenery by grabbing the aircraft on the map window, move it to another place closeby and clicking "OK" may help.

Bests,

Sascha

That's a thought, I will give it a try. The only thing I don't understand is when I first installed it everything was there and for a few weeks it worked fine but now I have this condition. Thanks for the reply thought and I will try it.

Yes, I did have a problem with the scenery.cfg file and had to copy that file from My Documents\etc. The entry in that file for Chicago was in fact there, don't know if that caused the problem or not. If in fact that was related how in the world would I correct it as I reinstalled it after deleting it from the Control Panel of Windows XP and the buildings were missing.

I just checked: All the buildings that you are missing are in one file:

Chicago_3D_Collected_Normal.bgl

Can you check if it is in Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery\ and if it has the BGL extension? Please let us know what you find there.

Bests,

Sascha

I looked in the Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery\ folder and found "Chicago_3D_Collected_Normal.OFF" not a .bgl. I renamed it .bgl, I will try the scenery now and will let you know it that is it, sure sounds like it.

I just checked: All the buildings that you are missing are in one file:

Chicago_3D_Collected_Normal.bgl

Can you check if it is in Aerosoft\USCitiesX-Chicago\Scenery\ and if it has the BGL extension? Please let us know what you find there.

Bests,

Sascha

Apparently renaming that file does not do anything, As I said, I renamed it to .bgl and the buildings still do not appear. Am I suppose to do something else with that file other then just renaming it?

Hello rvc,

As with your problems with MyTraffic maybe its time to consider a full clean re-install of FSX and its service packs then scenery ec.

No Shaun, I don't think you realize what you are suggesting I do. I have so many files in FSX requiring passwords, user names, and all the other things involved in reinstalling scenery it would be a monumental task to take on. I thing I will just forget about A1 traffic all together and just try to enjoy flying my planes. Thanks for the help.

No Shaun, I don't think you realize what you are suggesting I do. I have so many files in FSX requiring passwords, user names, and all the other things involved in reinstalling scenery it would be a monumental task to take on. I thing I will just forget about A1 traffic all together and just try to enjoy flying my planes. Thanks for the help.

In some cases unfortunately the only possible solution. There are only 4 causes I can think of:

• Your video card can't handle so many buildings, but even then usually everything is loaded a while later.
  • You got 2 scenery entries for Chicago excluding each other.
  • The necessary files are not active. We checked that.
  • Something between the video card and FSX got corrupted. Had that in Windows 7 after a clean install of Win7, video driver, FSX. Some buildings just didn't show up (even in default scenery + many AI were not visible, only their shadows). The only thing what helped there was a complete FSX reinstall.

Bests,

Sascha

First, I don't believe it is my video card (NVIDIA GForce 9800 GTX plus and I have current drivers) and it worked fine when I first installed it but I did have a scenery.cfg problem after that and it hasn't worked since, there are not duplicate entries of Chicago, I checked that out, I found the file that contains the missing bldgs to be OFF, I renamed it to a .bgl but that did not work. there must be something corrupt between the video card and FSX as you suggested but as I stated, I do not want to reinstall FSX just so I can have Chicago buildings appear, it is just not worth it to me. I have two other Cities from Aerosoft that work just fine (San Francisco and Niagra Falls), the only thing I find different is the use of the Scenery Density Tool in the Chicago scenery and maybe that is where the problem lies.

Hello rvc,

As with serial keys and passwords you should keep these all safely backed up.

As you have seen you have an underlying problem starting in FSX as you say these things worked before. By the sounds of it you have installed a great deal into FSX and something is now causing you issues.

Hello rvc,

As with serial keys and passwords you should keep these all safely backed up.

As you have seen you have an underlying problem starting in FSX as you say these things worked before. By the sounds of it you have installed a great deal into FSX and something is now causing you issues.

Hi Shaun, I do keep all the keys and passwords but as you well know some keys expire and it involves more searching, etc. well, you get the idea. Thanks for your assistance. I have always had great assistance from Aerosoft when the occasion arises in the past.

• 1 year later...

See the product description:

"Because the file size is rather large due to the ground image it only includes one season (in most cases this is not a real issue) and no night textures. The VFR flights over these cities are mostly a day time affair anyway."

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,5932572150,D11183