Gibraltar X Released.

Shaun Fletcher

Here is one sweet looking scenery scenery project. Of course Gibraltar is one of those scenery projects that is always spectacular because of the layout, the geography and the fact it is all so condensed into one small area but simWings did an amazing job on Gibraltar X. The scenery will you surprises you with new things even months after you started using you. The use of AESlite to control the cars is especially impressive and something you have not yet seen in FSX. FS2004 version now released too. Highly recommended!

Links: [Product Page]

lxgb04.jpg

lxgb26.jpg

lxgb07.jpg

lxgb31.jpg

lxgb03.jpg

More Screenshots

Flew around the island very quickly, performance is excellent and looks great ! God work Sim wings ;)

Now enroute from Faro to Gibraltar with the L39... :D

Just brought this a first time customer with aerosoft, iv got to say the product is amazing!! i find the approach from the west a little tricky with an A330!! LOL

Guest Moonrider

Verry nice airport, but i got a problem with the settings i think, the fire truck and police car are halfway into the ground, am i doing something wrong here, can you help shaun???

• Developer

Verry nice airport, but i got a problem with the settings i think, the fire truck and police car are halfway into the ground, am i doing something wrong here, can you help shaun???

Try to reinstall (with the original installer of course) the scenery, I think something goes wrong here.

Hello,

Can you show us a screenshot. Whe can may help you with this

Guest Moonrider

i tried to use the ORIGINAL installer 8 times, but no luck.

I found at least 9 problems in the scenery, its like its not finished, at the runway end is a hole, pieces of roads arround runway not finished, did Aerosoft tested this scenery completely or just brought it to the market???

I realy hope that something can be done for the problems because the rest of the scenery is stunning.

Rider

• Upvote 1

Here is one sweet looking scenery scenery project. Of course Gibraltar is one of those scenery projects that is always spectacular because of the layout, the geography and the fact it is all so condensed into one small area but simWings did an amazing job on Gibraltar X. The scenery will you surprises you with new things even months after you started using you. The use of AESlite to control the cars is especially impressive and something you have not yet seen in FSX. And FS2004 version will follow soon. Highly recommended!

Links: [Product Page]

lxgb04.jpg

lxgb26.jpg

lxgb07.jpg

lxgb31.jpg

lxgb03.jpg

More Screenshots

Just downloaded and lovin the scenery great job you guys!! but my ground airport vehicles and cars crossing the runway are missing textures

and all white :(

• Developer

Just downloaded and lovin the scenery great job you guys!! but my ground airport vehicles and cars crossing the runway are missing textures

and all white :(

The scenery (cars and some other parts) are not DX10 compatible, when you switch off the Preview it will be all fine.

Just downloaded this scenery yesterday, Brilliant! I live in Gibraltar so can say this with some authority, however its missing a few KEY buildings (visible in the VFR scenery)I have named a few below:

1. The Moorish Castle

2. The Cable Cars

3. The Rock Hotel

Good work Simwings :rolleyes::rolleyes: , hopefully these will be added in an update. ;)

i tried to use the ORIGINAL installer 8 times, but no luck.

I found at least 9 problems in the scenery, its like its not finished, at the runway end is a hole, pieces of roads arround runway not finished, did Aerosoft tested this scenery completely or just brought it to the market???

I realy hope that something can be done for the problems because the rest of the scenery is stunning.

Rider

Moonrider, there is work ongoing to divert trafic to a tunnel at the eastern end of the REAL airport (to stop trafic crossing the runway) is this the road you mean? If so then this is accurate :D

P.S I live in Gibraltar.

• Aerosoft

User Moonrider has been banned, he's a pirate and a very stupid pirate as well. If you want support it does help if you are not using the same user name on the Pirate Bay.

• Upvote 5

Just downloaded this scenery yesterday, Brilliant! I live in Gibraltar so can say this with some authority, however its missing a few KEY buildings (visible in the VFR scenery)I have named a few below:

1. The Moorish Castle

2. The Cable Cars

3. The Rock Hotel

Good work Simwings :rolleyes::rolleyes: , hopefully these will be added in an update. ;)

Operated out of Gib quite a few times over a 23 year period upto 92. Has the lighthouse at Europa Point been dismantled as I don't see it shown on the images posted?

• Developer

Operated out of Gib quite a few times over a 23 year period upto 92. Has the lighthouse at Europa Point been dismantled as I don't see it shown on the images posted?

The lighthouse is in the scenery, was missing at the time the pictures was taken.post-77-128135792908_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say I didn't get too excited with this one- until I tried it! Simmwings are getting outstanding performance on their sceneries in FSX. LEPA should just not work in FSX- but it does. This scenery is beautifully complex, but I'm getting 20fps in the PMDG Jetstream (with ai of 4ga aircraft and 2 airliners), I don't get much more than that in cruise!

The animation is also outstanding, the speed of the vehicles looks just right. They slow down on bends, indicate and the traffic stops to let you pass.

Simmwings are the best right now for FSX. Congratulations on this great product.

Keith

Just wanted to say how happy I am with the scenery. It looks great and is so much fun to fly into. I really enjoy the hard right turn to final as I avoid Spain's airspace on the approach staying over the water. A very quick lineup and hard stop on the very short runway! This airport is so much fun and beautiful to just watch. Great job on this one and thanks so much for the FS9 version. Very pleased with this product. On a side note, I hope there will be an update for nearby Aerosoft Casablanca...

Did well in the A319 so I am going to try the CS 757 next. I will have to caculate my weight and payload very carefully!! :)

Wonderful scenery!

Gibraltar is a fun scenery, for its quirky location, the Rock itself, and the mad roadway crossing the runway.

Great work on the barriers and traffic giving way to the aircraft (Reminds me of the wonderful road traffic at LOWI)

But alas the cars will not stop for AI traffic!

Is there not perhaps a little patch that could enable this?

It would add a lot to the scenery.

My second comment concerns that Rock.

I am hoping there is some setting in my sim which is causing the Rock to melt as you fly away from the south face:

Gib.jpg

...and if not, I am hoping for a very prompt patch as this is sufficient to get this scenery dumped off my hard drive, and come looking for a refund!

I try not to grouse about new releases, as I know it takes a lot of hard work, but my goodness...it is the Rock, after all!

The mountains in the background look better...please guys see if there's a fix for this.

PS I loaded this into FS9 and FSX, and the issue is apparent in both; please help!

Thank you for the reply Shaun - I am hoping it is just me, perhaps someone could put up a screenshot of what it should look like from the south, and I could try to figure it out?

Andy B: thanks for that, I am ashamed to say I did not see fit to read the readme...still would be nice to have it as an auto option for approaching AI.

Perhaps food for thought for the future?

• Developer

Andy B: thanks for that, I am ashamed to say I did not see fit to read the readme...still would be nice to have it as an auto option for approaching AI.

Perhaps food for thought for the future?

In future, trees will grow over the time. Did you see this or simulare for your aircraft else before? So, there are technical limits, but as you see, sometimes one of it will be skipped. Maybe the AI aircaft limits too in future. But as you request a refound, not for you :lol: