Andras Fields Is Going Online

Ladies and Gentlemen

This is an announcement I have been looking forward to making, for a long time. :lol:

Andras Field are proud to announce that we are teaming up with Virtual Aviation Experience.

We have been over different solutions for our online presence, and VAE seems to be the best for us.:) The details are being finalized right now, and more details will be given soon as we have them.

You can prepare for this by signing up with VAE. Registration is free.;) Just go to Virtual Aviation Experience homepage and sign up.

Ladies and Gentlemen

This is an announcement I have been looking forward to making, for a long time. :lol:

Andras Field are proud to announce that we are teaming up with Virtual Aviation Experience.

We have been over different solutions for our online presence, and VAE seems to be the best for us.:) The details are being finalized right now, and more details will be given soon as we have them.

You can prepare for this by signing up with VAE. Registration is free.;) Just go to Virtual Aviation Experience homepage and sign up.

Applied for membership. Thanks! Pete

Ladies and Gentlemen

This is an announcement I have been looking forward to making, for a long time. laugh.gif

We have been over different solutions for our online presence, and VAE seems to be the best for us.smile.gif The details are being finalized right now, and more details will be given soon as we have them.

You can prepare for this by signing up with VAE. Registration is free.wink.gif Just go to Virtual Aviation Experience homepage and sign up.

I applied too. What has gamespy to do with this? blink.gif

ruud

• Deputy Sheriffs

I applied too. What has gamespy to do with this? blink.gif

ruud

Good question that's what kept me from registering. I hate to register on websites like this.

ok the gamespy id was for when they hosted private gamespy sessions before the hosting of the main server it was to keep an eye on the members and make sure the oly people got in where vae members

regards

craig

p.s my virtual airline is affiliated to VAE

Moshe has made a post at VAE forum, where all us from Andras Field could pop in and make a "Hello Im here" post, so we know how many are going there.

A great idea.

Please do.

Link to the place HERE

Hi All,

Before I jump in and register in yet another online community for FS what are we getting the use of from VAE?? Is it a proper FSX server so we'll be able to use the shared cockpit function in FSX etc?? Don't get me wrong I'm not being negative I'd just like to know what facilities I'll be able to use before giving my email addy out again.

Hi All,

Before I jump in and register in yet another online community for FS what are we getting the use of from VAE?? Is it a proper FSX server so we'll be able to use the shared cockpit function in FSX etc?? Don't get me wrong I'm not being negative I'd just like to know what facilities I'll be able to use before giving my email addy out again.

Will not accept my email address and requires a gamespy id etc!!!!!

These are both things I suggest you take up with the people over at VAE. They have stated that are ready to help out and answer any question. ;)

These are both things I suggest you take up with the people over at VAE. They have stated that are ready to help out and answer any question. ;)

We have resolved both issues.

Robert

I just need to get one thing clarified. If I have understood the information and the software we need to install to fly on the Andras Field Official Server, we need to uninstall FSInn and Squakbox.

For me that use Vatsim for heavy flights, and using native FSX server (server set up within FSX itself) and now want to participate on the official server for Andras Field, I need to uninstall and reinstall my FSInn all the time?

Is this correct, or can the software from VAE be used together with FSInn/Squakbox?

If I have understood the information and the software we need to install to fly on the Andras Field Official Server, we need to uninstall FSInn and Squakbox.

I'm not sure where you saw that, but their pilot client for ATC is squawkbox. I'm nore interested in the aircraft subsritution program that is required, what is that for?

I'm not sure where you saw that, but their pilot client for ATC is squawkbox. I'm nore interested in the aircraft subsritution program that is required, what is that for?

From the Server handbook over at VAE:

"One thing you need to know before : You can not run FS with several pilot clients installed, so if you want to try Squawkwin, you must disable the other clients like SquawkBox or FS INN "

http://www.virtual-aviation.org/main/server-information/server-handbookconnecting

Ok everyone just one at a time lol

Bruce your question sir

Answer

The substitution pack is the most important pack you need to install this is what the software uses to substitute aircraft for. e.g if im in session and you dont have my aircraft it will look at these files in the pack and find one that is near my aircraft or the same so that you can see me in the online server with out it you will not see anybody or very few so its a must you need it hope that answers your question Bruce.

ok next Jan

I just need to get one thing clarified. If I have understood the information and the software we need to install to fly on the Andras Field Official Server, we need to uninstall FSInn and Squakbox.

For me that use Vatsim for heavy flights, and using native FSX server (server set up within FSX itself) and now want to participate on the official server for Andras Field, I need to uninstall and reinstall my FSInn all the time?

Is this correct, or can the software from VAE be used together with FSInn/Squakbox?

Answer

As far as i understand it and i am looking to vae personnel to just confirm i am correct but the software used to connect when vae launches its server will be a squakwin based application as for compatability please ask in the vae forums if you have joined.

ok next question

And how does this cockpit sharing work? Is it as easy to do as in FSx standard multiplayer?

ok there is no shared cockpit function but thats the same for any large online server the same as vatsim and Ivao.

hope this helps

Craig

I think that line should probably read You can not run FS with several pilot clients running... I seriously doubt that squawkbox will care if FSInn is on your hard drive. If it does, you may have to drop FSInn and access VATSIM through Squawkbox.

I think that line should probably read You can not run FS with several pilot clients running... I seriously doubt that squawkbox will care if FSInn is on your hard drive. If it does, you may have to drop FSInn and access VATSIM through Squawkbox.

I dont think they are just saying that for kicks.

Sorry Bruce but I think you are a bit off line on this. As far as I am led to believe if you have FSInn installed when you start FSX then FSInn starts. IF you then close the Trafic Lights FSInn is no longer running. Likewise, and don't quote me, It will be the same if you run SB. Close it then you shouldn't have an issue!!

Guys to put this matter to bed i have been talking to one of the developers at VAE and we have agreed that i will personally test this issue. If you give me a couple of days to test it out i will report back on my findings is that a fair compromise?

regards

Craig

As far as I am led to believe if you have FSInn installed when you start FSX then FSInn starts.

I can't speak about FSInn because I don't use it, I prefer Squawkbox. I do know that SB adds a module to FS9 so you can start it from your menu, but the FSX version I have places no such module and you have to start it yourself.

I registered today, but unfortunately the squawkwin client says after log in i am not allowed to fly there - does this take time until my account is set to fly? Had you guys any issues? connection seems fine as the server seems to reject my account.

I registered today, but unfortunately the squawkwin client says after log in i am not allowed to fly there - does this take time until my account is set to fly? Had you guys any issues? connection seems fine as the server seems to reject my account.

Hi Alex,

Please try now it should work... The server seemed to ban you as you entered invalid details.

it should 100% work now

Let me know if you need anything else

Regards,

Ray

Hi Alex,

Please try now it should work... The server seemed to ban you as you entered invalid details.

it should 100% work now

Let me know if you need anything else

Regards,

Ray

I signed up today also Ray,

Paul