Reset All Product Activations

JamesChams

Mr. Kok/Staff,

I need you to, please, reset all my product activation(s); as I'm getting Brand NEW Motherboards from my recently RMA'ed ones. I have no choice but to reinstalling everything, so I plan on installing Windows 7 (64-bit) and FSX from scratch; you might recall that I was using Vista 64-bit before. I am unable to use the original installation HDD image(s) into these new systems/OS' and can no longer just re-activate many of my addon products via just their registry entries.

Also, are all the installers W7 compatible? Are they any other special instructions/warning/suggestions?

And, please let me know about the status of Ms. Nicole S., as I will need her to re-issue me an updated DVD Bulk Order(s) with all the product updates/patches/fixes?

Merci!

• Upvote 2

Hello James,

They dont need re-activating!

As for the installers just run them all as Administrator by right clicking on the Installer and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Oh and one more thing, Keep Flight Sim out the default install location, IE: Dont install to C:/Program Files install it outside that to save loads of security hassles.

• Upvote 1

...As for the installers just run them all as Administrator by right clicking on the Installer and selecting, "Run as Administrator".

Oh and one more thing, Keep Flight Sim out the default install location, IE: Dont install to C:/Program Files install it outside that to save loads of security hassles.

Thank you, Mr. Fletcher!

I will try your suggestions; any reason "why" you can no longer use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\" folder?

Also, others have suggested I install FSX in it own folder and their products in their own folders, too. Can I just create a Flight Sim Folder and put everything in there?

Thanks again!

BTW: Is there any news on Ms. Nicole S. status?

• Upvote 2

Hello James,

It just save's a load of Hassle in Windows especially 64bit systems as security can get pretty tight in the default Program Files folder. Files dont get written to etc etc.

So best if you can place it on a drive of it owns somewhere.

As for Nicolde have you tried writing to her on her usual address.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Mr. Fletcher!

I will try your suggestions; any reason "why" you can no longer use the "C:\Program Files (x86)\" folder?

James,

He never mentioned that you can no longer use that location, he simply suggested otherwise.

It's generally bad PC management to install your games and other non-essential applications on your primary or C:\ partition. The reason - it takes much longer to scan, defrag, and backup all of that non-essential data.

You should limit your C partition to the OS and essential apps (MSOffice, Antivirus, whatever you use that would be essential). In this manner, your defrags should be faster, it should be easier to perform security scans, and your backup images should be smaller and easier to manage (store on an external HD, perform restores, etc) not to mention alleviating the security issues mentioned by Shaun.

I would create a second partition and install your games, etc there.

• Upvote 1