Aac Flight Briefing #4

darem

Classified ad:

New resident will move in this weekend. Is in need of pilot flying in some paintings from Salzburg (LOWS). Has to have a turboprop in the size of a Quest Kodiak, Twin Otter or a BN Islander. Will be invited to the grand opening of the residence in return. Please fly carefully!

AAC Flight Briefing #4:

Start from LOWS with an appropriate plane. Bring the paintings to Andras Field and store them in one of the hangars. Don't fly in turbulent weather and do not forget to take some snapshots from your trip and be sure to post them here.

Happy flying!

Bernhard Rems

(The AAC flight briefings will be published once or twice a week here. They just give you a situation and the general briefing, all planning - if any - has to be done by you. They are just for fun and for atmosphere)

My first job at Andras Field, even if this is my holidays, was to get some paintings in Salzburg and bring them to Andras Field for a new plot owner. After some informations from the dispatch manager we agreed on using the Porter, my favorite aircraft for these jobs.

After an uneventful flight to Salzburg early today I planned to return to Andras Field same evening.

The weather had changed a bit, now it was raining in Salzburg, but weather reports told me that if I stayed low I would have no problems with turbulence or bad weather. Decided to stay at 3500 feet on this flight.

Leaving the airport, I got plenty of help loading the painting into the aircraft.

2010-7-28_21-8-15-981.jpg

Turning towards northwest over Salzburg

2010-7-28_21-9-9-44.jpg

What a great evening for a flight

2010-7-28_21-11-25-756.jpg

Had to check my cargo. I was told that here was some pretty expensive painting in these boxes. Had to be sure and promise that no harm would come to them.

2010-7-28_21-11-40-902.jpg

The flight went absolutely fine, and gave me time to admire the landscape around me

2010-7-28_21-12-26-857.jpg

Even the sailors think its a beautiful evening out in their sail boats in Chiemsee

2010-7-28_21-21-34-222.jpg

Closing in on Andras Field

2010-7-28_21-24-59-406.jpg

Parked and shut down. Just need to unload the paintings and place them in the hangar over night.

2010-7-28_22-8-25-643.jpg

2010-7-28_22-9-4-899.jpg

As soon as the unloading is done, lock up the aircraft and head over to the bar for a bavarian beer.

I was told that here was some pretty expensive paintings in these boxes. Had to be sure and promise that no harm would come to them.

Hey Jan, I wanna see those paintings!

Hope you brought those to EAFS and not somewhere else...

Andras

Hey Jan, I wanna see those paintings!

Hope you brought those to EAFS and not somewhere else...

Andras

Sure, they are at EAFS, in the big hangar behind me :)... locked and closed for the night :)

I brought the aircraft over from Alaska early this summer :).. for my vacation in Europe.. so.. no.. i did not bring the paintings back to Alaska :D

And the bunnys.... seems to have gone during the last update :)

... locked and closed for the night :)

Ok I will try to find those in the hangar. I have the keys here... :ph34r:

And the bunnys.... seems to have gone during the last update :)

Look cloooooooser....

Andras

Thanks for the job, Jan. Paintings were mine, I'l pick them up at the hangar tomorrow and bring them to my new house (plot #09). These are paintings of Arnulf Rainer, and I am looking forward to have them on my walls again.

I'll let you know when the house warming party starts, you are invited, of course.biggrin.gif

Thanks for the job, Jan. Paintings were mine, I'l pick them up at the hangar tomorrow and bring them to my new house (plot #09). These are paintings of Arnulf Rainer, and I am looking forward to have them on my walls again.

I'll let you know when the house warming party starts, you are invited, of course.biggrin.gif

House warming - and I havent heard of this? Shame on you darem!!! :lol:

Hm. I might start to think of that too - Im in AF74 now.

Beautiful flight, only a little bumpy.

I heard a bit of a cracking sound in the back during on of the turbulences, but I'm sure it was nothing that can't be fixed with a slap of duct tape. :rolleyes::D

Thanks for looking!

Manuel

Love the Pilatus. What a nice plane she is :-)

I just brought my Beech Duke from Vienna to Andras Field tonight. Will work in the house tomorrow - thanks for flying the paintings for me.

PS: Duct tape ADDS to the value of them *g*

I'm too late I know. But I have completed the flight :cheers_s:

Here are some of my pics. I forgot to take pictures in Salzburg. It occurred to me during the flight. But there was no turning back :D

Greetings,

Falling

post-32115-1280864477,85_thumb.jpg

post-32115-1280864491,69_thumb.jpg

post-32115-1280864503,82_thumb.jpg