Flight School

Hi All,

Me and Craig Hobson are working on a flight school based at andras. We have come up with the following ideas:

I get the email address flightschool@andras.com for bookings. People can book flights through that email address. I will contact craig when someone books a flight and either craig is the flight instructor, or he assigns it to someone else. There are 3 options for flight lessons;

1. A 15 minute flight for the basics of the aircraft of choice.

2. A 1 hour flight for more advanced flight controls and approaches

3. A two times lesson of 1 hour to learn to fly NDB's SID's STAR's and ILS.

So what we need now is:

Someone who would like to be a flight instructor, preferably a real-world pilot (he will be rewarded with a free hangar place in the Andras flight school hangar)

The email address flightschool@andras.com

A hangar, with a building next to it with the classrooms.

All flights will be free of charge, so if you need a free flight lesson, this is the best option.

Hope you like the idea

Hey Sebastiaan,

Has it been decided how the instructor and pilot communicate? Teamspeak or Skype or something like that?

all the best

JaneRachel

Teamspeak is an idea, But it should work fine with Gamespy as well. We make a closed session, with a password, and send the password to the pilot. You can put 2 people in one airplane, and let the other fly be typing ctrl+t. This is easier and everyone has it.

We will post that somewhere in a week or so, but it will be done through email.

I was just kidding.

Not to that I love the idea though. I really do.

As for the instructor - I thought Craig would be the instructor. Or yourself? But if none of you are the guy, then you should probably make a post about it in the open forum, so you might get some interested applicants...

Good luck with it.

this is one of the things that will make this place grow - im sure of it.

I was just kidding.

Not to that I love the idea though. I really do.

As for the instructor - I thought Craig would be the instructor. Or yourself? But if none of you are the guy, then you should probably make a post about it in the open forum, so you might get some interested applicants...

Good luck with it.

this is one of the things that will make this place grow - im sure of it.

I fully agree with Ole, I think it is a great attraction.

Sebastiaan, please make sure that with cockpit sharing the users realise that not all aircraft can do this. Most complex payware for example doesn't work with the FSX cockpit sharing feature. It means student and pilot must be able to each own the same plane that can share.

Well i got a teamspeak3 server running that you can use untill you find anything else.

Just let me know if interested and ill set up a channel for it :-)

I fully agree with Ole, I think it is a great attraction.

Sebastiaan, please make sure that with cockpit sharing the users realise that not all aircraft can do this. Most complex payware for example doesn't work with the FSX cockpit sharing feature. It means student and pilot must be able to each own the same plane that can share.

Well no problems with that. Craig is going to repaint the cessna 172 (easy singe engine training) beech baron (twin engine simple aircraft training) and the Learjet 45 (jet training and autopilot)

Well no problems with that. Craig is going to repaint the cessna 172 (easy singe engine training) beech baron (twin engine simple aircraft training) and the Learjet 45 (jet training and autopilot)

This is SO great. Fantastic. I cannot wait to see it in motion. Repainted aircraft and all. :D

Hello Sebastian,

Your forum was also done quite some time ago as well after your first e-mail.

You should see it right at the Bottom of the Andras Field Forums.

Great!, thanks a lot!! :D