Vintage Warbird Society

JaneRachel

Hey Gang,

Would anyone be interested in a Vintage Warbird Society based at the field? An opportunity to give a home to those classic fighters, bombers etc etc. If there is interest, I would also like to link this "preservation" society into events at Andras Field, with fly-ins and air displays. I have been having great fun flying my Spitfire, P-47 and Flying Fortress in and out of the field!

So if you want to give a home to your classic warbirds please let me know!

fortress2.jpg

fortress4.jpg

fortress1.jpg

fortress3.jpg

JaneRachel (Events Director)

Looks cool! If we are into revolutionary development, let's have some of the Rise Of Flight models merged into the field here :) I can not guess what will it take to make these models fly FSX, but this can be a breakthrough for sure.

• Aerosoft

Hi Jane

I have several warbirds up here in Norway, and surely I can fly one or two to have a home at Andras Field.

If you make a route I'll join you with the Catalina we got in Norway at this moment.

We could also assign one of the hangars on the main tarmac as a location. Would be nice to have a static model there then but these tend to be very tough on fps.

My plan ist to fly down a P36 Hawk from ENKJ to Andras Field. This particular aircraft was used in Little Norway in 1941. I start tomorrow at 4.45 and hope to get down before dark. Maybe a few fuelstops on the way, but hopefully we get down in one piece :rolleyes:

I tried tried to attach a pln-file, but I have no permission to do that :(

See you soon.

Since we don't have any screenshot part in this forum yet I have posted the pictures of my trip here:

http://www.flightsim...2564#Post562564

Sorry, it is in Norwegian but I think you can get much out of the pictures.

Apart from Andras Field, what add-on scenery are you using in those screenshots, Fred ? They are very good indeed. :)

Would like to know which timeperiod you accept as vintage warbirds?

So first jets too? Like DH Vampire a.s.o. ?

Maybe my C130 ? rolleyes.gif:D

Jane - this is THE question.

If the C-130 is allowed in the VWS - then I´m signing up - yesterday! :D

I havent even tried to fly the C-130 into Andras Field. Shame on me. :angry: but luckily an error thats correctable.

Apart from Andras Field, what add-on scenery are you using in those screenshots, Fred ? They are very good indeed. :)

I have used different scenery packs here. In Germany it is the VFR German series 1,2,3 and 4 I have installed. A bit old but nice if you don't fly too near the ground. I have UTX Europe and GEX Europe which you see in Sweden and Norway. And some freeware of Norwegian and Swedish aiports. Thats all.

I have no problem with the C-130, Vampire aircraft or any other using the field. If you can fit it on the runway safely, you are welcome to fly your warbird in! It just has to be, well, relatively old, hence vintage :) The C-130 has been around a while so it just gets away with it :)

I will plan an event for us all! In addition, I will sit down this weekend and work out a structure for this little mini club at the field :) Any ideas are gratefully received :)

all the best

Jane

I have used different scenery packs here. In Germany it is the VFR German series 1,2,3 and 4 I have installed. A bit old but nice if you don't fly too near the ground. I have UTX Europe and GEX Europe which you see in Sweden and Norway. And some freeware of Norwegian and Swedish aiports. Thats all.

Thanks, Fred. UTX and GEX are on my shopping list, so your info is very useful. Thanks again.

If you want some of the freeware airports in Norway and Sweden you can find them here:

Scenery files

Press Norway, Sweden or Denmark and you get a whole bunch of nice aircraft.

In FSX Norway's biggest lake is gone due to some error in the program. To correct this you can use a file called ScenicX, but be careful combining that with UTX Europe. You need to split up some of the content inside scenicX and make differnt folders. If you plan to do that send me a pm and I'll help you out. Or you can try in norwegian here: Link to posting

First posting

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...