AF Online - suggestions from user Craig Hobson

Mail from Craig Hobson

Virtual Aviation Experience are willing to be Andras Field online server sponsor

This means people would have to join VAE . but Its free then all the online activities at andras field are based on there flight server they dont have rules and regs like vatsim.

They will even allow you to drive round andras field in a car if you so wish which this type of thing would enhance the experience of andras field as it is a residencial community and there inovation on there server records your flight hours etc.

It also can cope so far with over 500 connections with no frame reate hit perfect for a large ga community.

Christian? Please look at this

I told my own server people to respond to me asap about a server of our own.

I am not too keen to jump into the whole online server battle going on.

I can understand that Mathijs

I think the standard online server - run 24/7 by AS is the best solution - at least for now. So many different interests in all the more sophisticated possibilities out there, but I favour keeping things as simple as possible.

But do you have any estimate on WHEN we can run our own standard online server.

Jane is depended on it completely, and I myself have the AA-Club to run some online meetings in too - not to mention the upcoming flight/ground school. That one also needs online capability.

So please kick those server guys gently - ever so gently - so we can get going with this, the next logical step in AF.