AAC - Flight Briefing #2

darem

"Ah", said Mr. Wolfinger, "so you noticed that construction slowed down a little bit lately".

You nod.

Wolfinger continued with a smile. "You could blame it on the heat, but do you know the REAL reason behind it?"

You looked atWolfinger with interest. Are the builders on strike? Are there new regulations or orders you don't know about?

"As silly as it may sound: Nails", said Wolfinger. "It's all about nails. Or the lack of nails, to be precise."

"You mst be kidding", you said with disbelief.

"Not at all. You see, our supply of nails dried up due to some misfortune with our supplier. We need heavy nails for the woodwork, and we simply don't have them anymore."

"Certainly there must be something that can be done about that", you said.

Wolfinger paused for a second, then started to smile.

"Now that you talk about it, There is something YOU could do about it..."

AAC Flight Briefing #2:

Mr Wolfinger asks you to fly a Cessna Caravan (or something equal in size) to Unterzeil (EDNL) and pick up some large boxes of heavy nails and return them to Andras Field, so that construction work can return to a faster pace again. Unterzeil isn't far to the northwest and has a comfortable runway, so you can do the round trip in short time. Don't forget to add the weight of the freight (at your own discretion) to your plane on the return flight.

(If you have VFR Germany 3 or German Landmarks installed, have a look at the castle north of the runway - pretty neat sight).

Do not forget to take some snapshots from your flight and be sure to post them here.

Happy flying!

Bernhard Rems

(The AAC flight briefings will be published once or twice a week here. They just give you a situation and the general briefing, all planning - if any - has to be done by you. They are just for fun and for atmosphere)

"Ah", said Mr. Wolfinger, "so you noticed that construction slowed down a little bit lately".

You nod.

Wolfinger continued with a smile. "You could blame it on the heat, but do you know the REAL reason behind it?"

You looked atWolfinger with interest. Are the builders on strike? Are there new regulations or orders you don't know about?

"As silly as it may sound: Nails", said Wolfinger. "It's all about nails. Or the lack of nails, to be precise."

"You mst be kidding", you said with disbelief.

"Not at all. You see, our supply of nails dried up due to some misfortune with our supplier. We need heavy nails for the woodwork, and we simply don't have them anymore."

"Certainly there must be something that can be done about that", you said.

Wolfinger paused for a second, then started to smile.

"Now that you talk about it, There is something YOU could do about it..."

AAC Flight Briefing #2:

Mr Wolfinger asks you to fly a Cessna Caravan (or something equal in size) to Unterzeil (EDNL) and pick up some large boxes of heavy nails and return them to Andras Field, so that construction work can return to a faster pace again. Unterzeil isn't far to the northwest and has a comfortable runway, so you can do the round trip in short time. Don't forget to add the weight of the freight (at your own discretion) to your plane on the return flight.

(If you have VFR Germany 3 or German Landmarks installed, have a look at the castle north of the runway - pretty neat sight).

Do not forget to take some snapshots from your flight and be sure to post them here.

Happy flying!

Bernhard Rems

(The AAC flight briefings will be published once or twice a week here. They just give you a situation and the general briefing, all planning - if any - has to be done by you. They are just for fun and for atmosphere)

thanks Bernhard, what a great idea. I will be flying this one today!

For your future flights, if you want to post them in the events forum, go right ahead, as these are a type of event really. Thank you ever so much, I love having these little missions to fly!

JaneRachel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Typical Saturday afternoon job, to speed up construction on Monday morning. Weather report not so good to make it a seightseeing tour but lets start again with the PC6 and head for Leutlirch/Unterzeil.

After passing Kempten, I arrive after 30 minutes in EDNL to pick up about 300kg of nails

As loading proceeds very quick, I start south with short view to Schloss Zeil and take a Direct-To to Andras

As expected, weather is changing and not so nice.

Weather at Andras is a little bit better, but Wind has changed, so that we have to use RWY 09

Happy landing and heading for the Bar and may be a barbecue.

I am glad you did not have to pick up the nails in Innsbruck today, the center of the city is 50cm under water (just from rain and hail).

Nice pics, thank you for sharing. And your flight will help to speed up construction next week (and hopefully to put some plots on sale again *g*).

Hi All,

I managed to drag the Cheyenne out of the hanger to collect some nails. Didn't get many pics but I though I'd share these two with you all.

post-5-127938387501_thumb.jpg

post-5-127938388515_thumb.jpg

Hey folks!

I was thinking about forming some business aviation company with Andras Field as it's home base. Nothing serious like official IVAO virtual airline where you have to do some minimum flights per month to keep it alive, but maybe some tasks, job assignments thru this forum would be a good start. But who knows, in the future we will be able to form nice official virtual airline if things will go the right way. I can offer my services as Cessna Mustang and Piper Cheyenne pilot. Of course there are some other airplanes I'm flying, but they just don't fit this nice airfield. Any replies and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Cheers...Ivan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nice idea Ivan! Lets call it " AFS Andras FLight Services" and with me we would have another pilot rated for the Mustang, plus the CitationX, PC12, PC6 and guess the Twin Otter would make sense ;)

So only thing we need is somebody designing a logo and doing some repaints :blush:

Nice idea Ivan! Lets call it " AFS Andras FLight Services" and with me we would have another pilot rated for the Mustang, plus the CitationX, PC12, PC6 and guess the Twin Otter would make sense ;)

So only thing we need is somebody designing a logo and doing some repaints :blush:

add me to the list of willing pilots with the Mustang, Twin Otter, Catalina and my faithful Beaver Amphibian :)

JaneRachel

Hey folks!

I was thinking about forming some business aviation company with Andras Field as it's home base. Nothing serious like official IVAO virtual airline where you have to do some minimum flights per month to keep it alive, but maybe some tasks, job assignments thru this forum would be a good start. But who knows, in the future we will be able to form nice official virtual airline if things will go the right way. I can offer my services as Cessna Mustang and Piper Cheyenne pilot. Of course there are some other airplanes I'm flying, but they just don't fit this nice airfield. Any replies and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Cheers...Ivan

Good Idea Ivan,

If you know someone who can repaint, just send me a message at sse_ebb@hotmail.com and I will do the rest!

(found someone, if you need him, contact me)

Hey folks!

Cheers...Ivan

Ivan - Great idea

Im in!

I decided to make sure we had enough nails, so I took it upon myself (with thanks to the US Army) to snag over ton of them. Overkill? Perhaps.

.... those bunnies better be careful. We got nails to spare.

On the way to Unterzeil.

post-10017-127970221149_thumb.jpg

Slowing down on runway 24.

post-10017-127970223094_thumb.jpg

Heading back home, over a car's weight worth of nails. If this isn't enough, you're on your own!

post-10017-127970227762_thumb.jpg

From the cockpit. Yes, those warning lights are NORMAL. :D

post-10017-127970229982_thumb.jpg

Finally! Approaching from the north for a vertical landing. Nice view of the Alps as well.

post-10017-127970231463_thumb.jpg

Easy does it.... easy does it....

post-10017-12797023311_thumb.jpg

Alright boys, unload her. Please, wear leather gloves!

post-10017-127970225196_thumb.jpg

You all owe me a beer. This was a rather heavy load, not to mention I was near max torque throughout the whole flight. I also noticed as I was walking towards the hanger a bunny entering one of the exhausts. Anyone up for some smoked rabbit?

I decided to make sure we had enough nails, so I took it upon myself (with thanks to the US Army) to snag over ton of them. Overkill? Perhaps.

.... those bunnies better be careful. We got nails to spare.

You all owe me a beer. This was a rather heavy load, not to mention I was near max torque throughout the whole flight. I also noticed as I was walking towards the hanger a bunny entering one of the exhausts. Anyone up for some smoked rabbit?

Here ya go buddy. Enjoy it! :clapping_s:

:beer3_s:

• 2 weeks later...

Since you all brought the nails but forgot the hammers and other tools needed to further build up our new home away from home, I took it upon myself to fly to St Gallen - Altenrhein with the D-EDHK Bushhawk X and "borrow" them from the local airfield engineer. It's a local public secret that this particular engineer drinks 2 pints of pilz at dinner, after which he takes a 2 hour nap. Borrowing the tools I took of from EAFW and landed early in the evening and borrowed the 2 cases of tools from the now sleeping engineer, after which I set off back to EAFW again. I landed on the waterway of EAFW in the waning daylight and dropped the tools of in the 2nd blue hangar at the waterplane base.

Sorry, no pics, flying and landing a slightly overloaded/tailheavy Bushhawk in dusk VFR took al my attention.

P.S.

I was flying online, but was the only one. Only Ole appeared on VAE server while I was landing.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?! :D

I was flying online, but was the only one. Only Ole appeared on VAE server while I was landing.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?! :D

Tobus

I think that people are only now adjusting to the online circus here at Andras Field. I myself have not been much of an online pilot up until now, and I think that a lot of people feel the same way. I am on Teamspeak most nights now, and I do see new people dropping in there one by one, so I think that we will see an increase in online pilots. I have no doubts actually.

But we need a starting event - and Luckily we have an event Manager - Jane - who has this first event to shake everything together - all set for this Saturday.

I personally look very much forward to this event on saturday, and I hope to see a lot of people joining in. The more attendees, the greater the success, and the greater the success, the greater chance that this will only be the first one in a long happy line of online-gettogerhers in Andras Field :)

The choice lies in the hands of all the users, so lets kick some, this Saturday. B)

For my part I can say that not everybody is visible to me and I am not visible to everybody. Yesterday I was online and on teamspeak, and the other person and I met at my home there without seeing each other.

For my part I can say that not everybody is visible to me and I am not visible to everybody. Yesterday I was online and on teamspeak, and the other person and I met at my home there without seeing each other.

Darem,

like we found out yesterday, the airplane list (VIP) in VAE/Squawkwin is not fully filled out. So if you take one of your aircraft and identify it as such in Squawkwin, there is a chance that aircraft is not actually modelled in the VIP list. If other people on the server don't have that aircraft themselves, their FSX will show a model which FSX/Squawkwin "thinks" is closest to it. That last bit is tricky, as your C46 was shown to me as a C172SP and my Realaviation ACA Citabria was shown to you as a DHC6 Twinotter with one engine running. If the other player(s) DO have this plane in FSX, all is well (theoretically).

Because of this, funny things can be seen by different people. Think of a Piper Cub towing a Discus, shown to others as a Piper Cub towing the FSX standard 747-400. Or an Aerosoft Catalina landing in the water at 60kts, shown to others as a FSX standard CRJ (too slow approach and would drown upon landing, but won't).

Several ways of solving this I think, but not all in scope with Andras field members (more with VAE):

- only flying FSX standard aircraft online. Everybody in FSX has those models, although textures can be different.

- only flying 3rd party aircraft that all (or most) people have (Bushhawk X for instance?)

- updated VIP list. After discussing with James from VAE on teamspeak yesterday, this is something they will look at. Most airliners are modelled, but General Aviation usually gets left behind in these matters.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if the p2p part of squawkwin could transfer the chosen model (and outside textures) of the server and share them with all players, without actually backing them up? I suspect some 3rd parties would not like this, since in essence a part of their payable software is being "shared". It's nice dreaming though.

I haven't seen that 2 connected players couldn't see eachother at all.

Darem,

like we found out yesterday, the airplane list (VIP) in VAE/Squawkwin is not fully filled out. So if you take one of your aircraft and identify it as such in Squawkwin, there is a chance that aircraft is not actually modelled in the VIP list. If other people on the server don't have that aircraft themselves, their FSX will show a model which FSX/Squawkwin "thinks" is closest to it. That last bit is tricky, as your C46 was shown to me as a C172SP and my Realaviation ACA Citabria was shown to you as a DHC6 Twinotter with one engine running. If the other player(s) DO have this plane in FSX, all is well (theoretically).

Because of this, funny things can be seen by different people. Think of a Piper Cub towing a Discus, shown to others as a Piper Cub towing the FSX standard 747-400. Or an Aerosoft Catalina landing in the water at 60kts, shown to others as a FSX standard CRJ (too slow approach and would drown upon landing, but won't).

Several ways of solving this I think, but not all in scope with Andras field members (more with VAE):

- only flying FSX standard aircraft online. Everybody in FSX has those models, although textures can be different.

- only flying 3rd party aircraft that all (or most) people have (Bushhawk X for instance?)

- updated VIP list. After discussing with James from VAE on teamspeak yesterday, this is something they will look at. Most airliners are modelled, but General Aviation usually gets left behind in these matters.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if the p2p part of squawkwin could transfer the chosen model (and outside textures) of the server and share them with all players, without actually backing them up? I suspect some 3rd parties would not like this, since in essence a part of their payable software is being "shared". It's nice dreaming though.

I haven't seen that 2 connected players couldn't see eachother at all.

Well to be honest, I have experienced to be online - and having others online - and not being able to see them - or vice versa. When I was in my Win7 64 bit system. (I have only seen one person in my 64 bit system - James Anderson) In my Win XP - 32 bit system (I have a dual boot system with FSX on both) I can see all - I think. or several people at least. I understand that the VAE guys are looking into this. It might NOT be related to the 32/64 bit difference, but darem who runs a 64 bit Win7 system has similar problems - so thats why I suspected this.... might be a coincidence though.:)

I also experienced a strange and funny thing another day. I was online and someone came in a MD900 Helicopter, and my system interpreted it as an MD90 airliner. I saw this big airliner take off - vertically! :blink: and just fly off, very helicopter like. That was a sight you dont see often I tell ya.:lol:

Nice view that must have been! But very much predictable, given the problem.

Anyhow, I have Win7-64bit and can always "see" everyone, afaik. Yesterday evening both James and Darem.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem when I first installed the software. Talked with Robert of VAE and we figured it out. I was using a long name for my call sign "Mike EGE012"and he told me to change it to a normal callsign. Since im in the USA I changed it to N224EG and that fixed all the problems. The other one we were working with on the server at the time had the same problem and was fixed by this also. Dont think its a matter of what aircraft you pick from the list it should still show you up as that aircraft and not not show you at all.

Hope this helps.

Cheers