Antalya X Initial Release Issues.

Shaun Fletcher

Guest eneee

Disabling this bgl had no effect on the stutters for me.

it made incress 4 -5 fps for me but i have still got OOM error.I think that some of the texture files are corrupt...

I guess the airport background (LTAI_ADEX_TS_CVX.bgl) is used to exclude autogen?

I like the airport but it seems that the military has abandoned their place and is taking over the civil part of the airport. A second airport file for the military part (to seperate civil and mil ai traffic) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your work!

EDIT

Texture LTAI_JETWAY2_SPEC.DDS is missing

post-25790-127990281396_thumb.jpg

When entering military area, the place beside where the Catalina's are parked, when you want to

taxi to the military hangars and you come on the black taxiways, you get a crash!!

Any solutions?

Regards

When entering military area, the place beside where the Catalina's are parked, when you want to

taxi to the military hangars and you come on the black taxiways, you get a crash!!

Any solutions?

Regards

Hello Hotas,

For now switch off crash detect till the developers checks the thread and resolves any known issues.

Hello Hotas,

For now switch off crash detect till the developers checks the thread and resolves any known issues.

OK Shaun, thanks for the reply

Guest eneee

Unoffical patch:

I have change the "Scenery complexity" :

"Very Sparse" to "Sparse"

"Sparse" to "Normal"

"Normal" to "Dense"

"Dense" to "Very Dense"

"Very Dense" to "Extremly Dense"

Before when i used this scenery with "Very Dense" setting , i had got OOm error and low FPS. After patch i haven't got any oom error and Fsp increase from 10-12 to 29-30 .

Link:

Download Patch

what is the difference of version 1.00 and version 1.01 of Antalya X?

No answer?

Before when i used this scenery with "Very Dense" setting , i had got OOm error and low FPS. After patch i haven't got any oom error and Fsp increase from 10-12 to 29-30 .

I guess Aerosoft wants their sceneries at 10-12 FPS.

overall framerate is not the issue, it is major stutters, framerate jumping from 80-20-80-20 that makes the scenery an unusable mess.

Yes, i´m getting poor fps here too! When i get about 30 average in other aerosoft´s scenerys like MadeiraX, Andras, etc ... i´m getting 12-15 in this one ... It´s not all the time, but happens enough to stop with all the fun.

Hello Folks,

If frame rates were an issue then I think a lot more folks would be making it known here.

Well, I get about 10 FPS less than on the similar airport addons.

I am not a member of the development team (I cannot believe no one from the dev team has yet to appear in these threads :( ) but I was a beta tester. I did not experience any stutters or framerate issues, but then again the product got released quite suddenly to our surprise during beta testing.

There are unique animations to this scenery, like have you all noticed the swaying or moving trees in the wind around the airport? Also, there are a few dust storms that are animated - it is possible these animations are impacting some video card performance.

For those who are having issues, what is your autogen setting at? Have you defragged your FSX drive recently especially after having installed this latest Antalya scenery? Complete removal of vid drivers and reinstall of latest version?

These may be a shot in the dark but with enough responses we'll get on track as to the culprit(s).

Robert

Thanks for your help. I have my autogen set to Dense. I have also my FSX installed on separate HDD and nothing else on it. Regarding GPU and drivers, I have nVidia 8800GTS with 512MB of memory (maybe this can be the problem) and older drivers. Just now I'm downloading the latest drivers and will keep you informed about the result.

See ya

Thanks Robert,

I think it's not the effects you mentioned. For me it's definitely the landclass_bgl which causes the stutters and framerate-drop, deleting that bgl results in a "normal" behaviour of the scenery.

First time I recognized this while approaching LTAI from the south, when I was starting up a flight directly from LTAI, all seems to be ok (as well with the latest version from simmarket).

I uploaded graphic drivers to latest version, but experiened no improvement. After loading Antalya I switched to Vienna from FlyTampa and had smooooooooth +30fps. I will try to delete that bgl file and see what happens. I hope that devs will have a look at this problem even if not everybody is experiencing it. Btw which GPU do you guys have? As I mentioned in previous post mine is nVidia 8800GTS overclocked.

Thank you for every input on this issue. Have a nice evening.

Robert

Thanks for your help. I have my autogen set to Dense. I have also my FSX installed on separate HDD and nothing else on it. Regarding GPU and drivers, I have nVidia 8800GTS with 512MB of memory (maybe this can be the problem) and older drivers. Just now I'm downloading the latest drivers and will keep you informed about the result.

See ya

The 8800 GTS is actually a great video card for FSX, but updating the drivers may help, especially in other applications/games so this is not a waste.

This "patch" didn't help in my case. Only disabling the "LTAI_LANDCLASS_landclass.bgl" avoids the stutters.

I am going to try and contact a dev directly on this. I think others reporting issues in this thread should try to disable this particular file as well and report back results.

Member, just wondering, - how did you isolate and identify that particular file as the culprit? If this is the issue, well done!

Robert,

That scenery doesn't have so much bgls, so it's relatively easy to find out which one's the culprit (trial and error).

And I have to say I then tested it on a "naked" FSX without any other addons, the still existing problems show me that it's the scenery and nothing other.